Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #131
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Yeah, it's always a plus when they print on AA, you know it'll last awhile. Great quality for basic stuff, just a little expensive, but that's the whole 'Made In USA' thing. Unfortunately the softer ones still pill when you wash them often.

lol the most expensive stuff I have is like a $200 coat from AE. I still don't own a quality suit. I'm pretty cheap, but if I wasn't so broke all the time (TF-related maybe haha) I'd be willing to spend a bit more on clothes.
I am so not prepared for the upcoming winter weather thanks to my Transformer expenses. I hope Winner's has jackets for cheap. Lol.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #132
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Probably, if you're of average to large size. I wear small and they never have anything good that fits me. Freakin' retailers need to stock more smalls in general, especially in Vancouver. I'm not asian but I'm certain the smalls always sell out fast because of our large population of...well, not...um, large Americans, basically. XD
Old 12-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #133
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Probably, if you're of average to large size. I wear small and they never have anything good that fits me. Freakin' retailers need to stock more smalls in general, especially in Vancouver. I'm not asian but I'm certain the smalls always sell out fast because of our large population of...well, not...um, large Americans, basically. XD
I am a fellow of asian descent of average height (5'7..ish). So smalls are a given for me, haha. I've been lucky a couple times at Winners.. But I do agree that stores need to start heavying on small sizes.. We have such a large asian community it would make SENSE. Lol.

I used to shop at West 49 but they have American sizing so a small is like a large for me. I had to shop at their kids sections for awhile and buy their extra large jackets. Frickin eh maaaaan.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #134
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

lol, I can understand, my girlfriend is asian and has a hell of a time finding things that fit sometimes, especially shoes. On the plus side, she saves alot of money buying kids' shoes.

But yeah, it's so annoying seeing something I like and all that's left is XL+. It's like 'WTF you guys, this isn't Florida. Have you seen all the skinny asian dudes walking around this city?'.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #135
g loonie
Generation 2

For casual t-shirts and such i'm usually ok but for dress shirts it's impossible. and if i do find my size they're freaking expensive. I guess this is why i've had the same dress clothes for work for the past 2 years. Oh well, more money for tf's
g loonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #136
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Haha, lately I've been all "No new TFs in stores? Oh well, more money for clothes." And then October hit with all the MPs and 3rd Party releases and I was going "FFFFFFUUUUUUUU..."
Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #137
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Also how do they do the front part of the gun that just disappear and reappear during transformation?
From what I can gather from the vector design that's shown on TFW2005, the gun barrel seems to fold over as the "backpack" on this not-Shockwave...

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #138
vohkuhl
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroShake View Post
I am a fellow of asian descent of average height (5'7..ish). So smalls are a given for me, haha. I've been lucky a couple times at Winners.. But I do agree that stores need to start heavying on small sizes.. We have such a large asian community it would make SENSE. Lol.

I used to shop at West 49 but they have American sizing so a small is like a large for me. I had to shop at their kids sections for awhile and buy their extra large jackets. Frickin eh maaaaan.
I use to work retail and downtown; I would always complain to my managers to get in the ball about sizing cause we'd sell out on smells so fast all the time. Nothing's changed in the past 10 years...
Old 12-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #139
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

You know, its pretty hard for me to find clothes that fit too, so most of the time I just give up. Like, I'm pretty tall & thin, and even when I do find something that's not hella large on me, its often too tight around my armpits or somewhere strange so I just say fuck it & keep wearing plaid like I always do couse the hunt club shit or whatever from Zellers almost always fits just right if I get a small.

... and don't even get me started on pants haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #140
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

I'm a broad Hobbitt (5' 4", yet 45" across on the shoulders) and Vahlooeh Villahzheh has been great for finding blazers, leather coats and even a British Gloverall long coat in my size. Once you get past the mothball smell and the knowledge that you're wearing some dead guy's coat it's all good!

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote