Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-15-2015, 12:59 PM   #41
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: Public Transportation to TFcon 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkv View Post
Totally agree... I already mentioned it during TFCon 2014... they should hold this in a more "central" location, as in Central to downtown Toronto or the Airport...

This location is wayyyyyyy out in the boonies.. Visitors from out-of-town won't even get to see Toronto as this hotel is basically out in nowhere/suburbs.

Regardless.. good luck to everyone taking public transit.
Without taking the thread completely off topic, the location of the event allows the ticket prices to remain unchanged for the past several years. To hold this event in downtown Toronto you would be looking at a huge increase in ticket prices across the board, as those locations are extremely expensive.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:18 PM   #42
Jones
Machine War
Re: Public Transportation to TFcon 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
Without taking the thread completely off topic, the location of the event allows the ticket prices to remain unchanged for the past several years. To hold this event in downtown Toronto you would be looking at a huge increase in ticket prices across the board, as those locations are extremely expensive.
Def agree with you. I drive down from Barrie (granted, not THAT far) and I love the location and the fact I don't have to struggle with getting anywhere in the core of Toronto. It's just fine where it is.

Moving it anywhere closer to downtown is not just going to jack up ticket prices, but lodging rates will go through the roof for vendors and out-of-towners.
Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #43
Black Cat
Animated
Re: Public Transportation to the Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale Hotel

The higher hotel costs would probably mean getting a hotel further away from the event.
At least in the Greater Toronto Area there are only a few bus routes to deal with and are generally easy to figure out with Google Maps or a few phone calls. Downtown Toronto has a lot more to deal with, and is confusing for people who use the system regularly.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:43 PM   #44
jtkv
Robot Master
Red face Re: Public Transportation to TFcon 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
I too don't want to take this thread where it doesn't belong.

I wasn't saying to host it downtown. Around the airport, north york, scarborough along the subway lines, etc.. eg: I was at Brickfete at Delta Hotel at 401/Kennedy.

I totally believe the venue costs are higher at downtown, and I have no idea of the undertaking. Just my input...

Anyways, keep up the good work.
For Sale List thread
jtkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:54 PM   #45
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1one View Post
Question: the directions that are posted on the main site for people coming from the airport - they both require two transfers. However, when I entered in "From Pearson Airport Terminal 1 to Four Points by Sheraton Mississauga Meadowvale" on Google Maps and selected "Transit", and entered the time frame I'd most likely be taking the bus (Thursday night), Google Maps gave me the directions of taking "Bus 115 to Derry Road, West of Torbram Road" then after waiting for what appears to be 25 minutes, transferring to "Bus 42", which takes me right to Four Points. Does this seem correct, or no?

Well, I just tried this method and I can tell you now that Google transit directions are misleading. It suggests that you back track the road back up north when you get off the 115. I did that and couldn't find a stop, only then to see the 42 drive right by me and the stop is further south down Derry Rd. which isn't even marked with the stop # for 42. Now I've got another half hour wait til the next bus. It'll be close to 1AM by the time I get to the hotel. It's so confusing they way they run multi-transit companies here.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 09:05 PM   #46
Sentinel2002
Generation 1

Sorry for the thread necro. There is a Go bus, 27F that goes from Yorkdale Mall to Mississauga Road @ Argentina Road, it drops you off right across the street from the hotel. It only runs once an hour however.
Sentinel2002 is offline   Reply With Quote