Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-19-2021, 09:47 AM   #1
vwpbl
Generation 2
Jinbao OS KO devastator 2 versions?

There seem to be 2 different versions of this jinbao OS KO devastator (apart from colour):

1:
with yellow shovels, clear windows, black arms:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/373454668286

2:
with purple shovels, blue windows, silver arms, and there seem to be some design changes in at least quickmix, if not more:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/184695425536

does anyone know if there is an article describing the differences better and which one was 'first' vs 'second' ?
vwpbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:15 PM   #2
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Jinbao OS KO devastator 2 versions?

One are with pictures of Jinbao, the other are pictures of the NBK version (the one that has black parts in the shovel/foot)

You can see it easily here as you flip between the selection of figures.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...archweb201603_

The NBK is a 4th party (if not 5th) that has simplified the transformation, lessen the plastic quality and is always (or should be) cheaper in price.
Old 03-19-2021, 03:33 PM   #3
vwpbl
Generation 2

Awesome, thanks. some reviews don't paint a good picture of the nbk version with some shoulder joint issues, but not all... perhaps it depends on the luck of the irish if you get a good one. On the other hand I already own a Jinbao: Bruticus, and have no problems with that beautiful beast. perhaps my decision is already made.
vwpbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:42 AM   #4
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwpbl View Post
Awesome, thanks. some reviews don't paint a good picture of the nbk version with some shoulder joint issues, but not all... perhaps it depends on the luck of the irish if you get a good one. On the other hand I already own a Jinbao: Bruticus, and have no problems with that beautiful beast. perhaps my decision is already made.
I'm actually waiting for my Bruticus now, and have a Predaking on order... looking very forward to getting them.

I just got one of the Perfect Effect kit (weapons and arms) for my CW Devastator, but at times I wonder if I should sell to get the JinBao instead.

Tags
jinbao devastator ko os