Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 01-29-2021, 06:18 PM   #11
The Nemesis
Alternator
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Class Grimlock & Autobot Wheelie released in Ca

That's a solid looking Grimlock. I have a love/hate relationship with the PoP one. I like his upper body with the massive shoulders looking fittingly hulk-ish for a bot of his characterization and style, but I don't like his lower leg/feet design, the limitations imposed by him having to be the combiner torso, and the proportions of his dinosaur mode. Also Volcanicus is a huge disappointment, unfortunately as were most of the PoP combiners. I'll probably end up picking this one up if/when I see it. Wheelie I'm ambivalent on as I never liked the character and Headmasters only made that problem worse. but otherwise sure, why not.

Kind of a shame they didn't include a Daniel figure with SS86 Hot Rod. Actually it would be fun to have a whole set of the Autobots' Sunbow companions included in SS86 lines packed in with appropriate Cybertronians. Spike with Bumblebee, maybe Sparkplug with Ratchet/Wheeljack, Carly with Ironhide, Chip with Perceptor? And if they wanted to go whole-hog, S3 Spike with Rodimus Prime and S3 Carly with... I dunno... some other post-movie bot (I can't think of anyone who starred in an episode in which she was significant other than Grimlock in Madman's Paradise, but we've already got Grimlock)

Not sure I see a need for the rest of the Dinobots to be released though. Unless there's something obviously in need of fixing from their PoP designs, the last versions do a solid job of being reminiscent of their OG figures and none of them really suffer for the inclusion of the combiner gimmickry.

Now if only they would go back to packing each one with a gun and a sword instead of either/or (or none in the case of PoP Grimlock)

Last edited by The Nemesis; 01-29-2021 at 06:23 PM.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 04:16 AM   #12
athanato
Generation 2
Re: Transformers Studio Series Leader Class Grimlock & Autobot Wheelie released in Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
There is no way anyone got this from Amazon for $33 without having credit.

I went back to looked over my order, it's the deluxe in my list that are $33, voyager $45 and leader $70 which is the correct price.
Expect walmart to sell them at $30, $40 and $70 respectively so if walmart actually gets enough inventory so that scalper sam, pirate pete and hording harry don't buy them all you can save some cash returning the walmart/EB orders that are jacked up.

Amazon's TF prices have been all over the place, one example being the siege and earthrise mini cons for $6-$20 for no rhyme or reason.
Look at some Walmarts selling Cyclonus and Primal for $29.99 instead of $39.99 and Skylinx for $99.99 instead of $129.99, also EBGames selling the Kingdom first wave deluxe for $32.99 instead of $29.99 like walmart does.

Last edited by athanato; 01-30-2021 at 04:35 AM.
athanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 04:26 AM   #13
delrue
Crossover

$32.99 is the new MSRP for deluxes. Amazon has them at that price as well.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 04:37 AM   #14
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
$32.99 is the new MSRP for deluxes. Amazon has them at that price as well.

cmdstore is already scalping pre-orders at up to double the price.
Old 01-30-2021, 05:06 AM   #15
delrue
Crossover

[CITATION NEEDED]
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 09:12 AM   #16
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

CMD scalps based on rarity. Youll find lots for retail plus shipping but when it comes to hard to get figures they will jack prices.

Case in point, scorponok for $100 above retail
https://www.cmdstore.ca/collections/...gure-scorponok
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 02:03 PM   #17
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanato View Post
cmdstore is already scalping pre-orders at up to double the price.
I got my SS86 Grimlock from them for 69.95.

They also sell the 3 SS86 deluxes for under $96.

Last edited by Pascal; 01-30-2021 at 02:06 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 01:45 AM   #18
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I got my SS86 Grimlock from them for 69.95.

They also sell the 3 SS86 deluxes for under $96.

They are even higher on their Amazon listings, if you are to purchase from them do so from their site directly which is what I have done in the past.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:03 AM   #19
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Holy smokes. After the past couple years of shitty voyager class toys sold as leaders b/c extra plastic crap in the box, I was NOT expecting Grimlock to be so massive. Pleasantly surprised. Great toy.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 02:20 AM   #20
athanato
Generation 2

Amazon delayed shipment to Mar/Apr