Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
familyman
Generation 2
Questions about Transformers inTF movie.

When the spark of life is given to a Transformer, what makes it good or bad? anything?.
I mean you see in the movie that when the spark is given to a phone or a stearingwheel or a drinks disspencer it turns bad!, why didn't any turn good?.

Also what happens when Starscream for example runs out of missiles in jet mode,

What happened to Barricade I heard Iron hide ran him off the road, did this really happen or did they just forget to put him in the final battle and so made this back story up?..
familyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master
Re: Questions about Transformers inTF movie.

To answer you questions in order:

1. There are many theories, though the most popular are that the Allsparklings are reversed-engineered directly from Megatron and are evil by nature of origin. Another is simply that they are feral and have no real "brain" so they lash out. (most plausible)

2. It is explained in the movie that Transformers are made out of self-regerative armour. This may also account for their weapons which are part of them. So their weapons ammo regenerates. (much like in most fiction) This also accounts for their being able to sustain minimal damage and still transform and also semi-explains reformatting.

3. In reality, originally Barricade was to meet his end at the hands of Prime shortly after the latter made short work of Bonecrusher. (he even gets mentioned as "the same cop" and moves off the road just as BC transforms) The scene was dropped. The production team state this as an unintentional yet convienent way to allow plans to bring him back for the second movie. His vehicle mode has even been spotted being moved from set to set. (though no solid evidence to support his return)

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 07-23-2008 at 03:13 PM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
exoskeleton

i was curious about barricade as well, he just isnt there

OR MY ELECTRONIC MUSIC

exoskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoskeleton View Post
i was curious about barricade as well, he just isnt there
check out the ongoing idw comics titled called reign of starscream.it helps fill in alot of gaps and such.it even helps fill in other gaps like how the decepticons actually choose their earth forms.

Last edited by chans formers; 07-23-2008 at 03:53 PM. Reason: cant spell today
chans formers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
exoskeleton

i got issue #1 and #3... i moved to BC when #2 was out, and i have to pick it up... moving to a new province sure gets me behind on my comics... and moving my tf collection was fun, ROAD TRIP!

OR MY ELECTRONIC MUSIC

exoskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Reign of Starscream, which may not end up being official canon (it's at least its own sequelverse, but may conflict with the REAL sequel when that comes out) establishes that Ironhide slammed Barricade into an overpass pole while they were on the road.

However, the movie adaptation also has Prime trounce Barricade, and that was in the script.

As well, regarding the other questions - RoS #3 establishes that Transformers regenerate their weapons much like how we grow hair and nails (as in, it naturally replenishes). Again, not complete canon, but good enough for now.

And regarding the Sparks... Roberto Orci's commented on this before. Can't recall what the last word on it was - I think it was that they were 'feral' sparks due to the unrefined manner of their creation. But don't quote me on that - I can't recall.