Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-23-2008, 08:53 AM   #11
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformer Figure that you would never ever buy xD

I'll get chewed out for this, but I have to say Alts, their price was detrimental, their transformations are way too complex to ever enjoy a good old fashioned transform and engage in war against the hated Alternator Decepticons session, plus they are ten times worse then the RID Kibble formers. (In the complex transformations kind of way not the kibble everywhere kind of way although some of them do have certain kibble issues I think like Side Swipe and to a lesser extent Grimlock.)

I will admit they look impressive. I have toyed with the idea of picking up Shockblast, Battle Ravage, Hound, Tracks, Ravage, Rumble, Swindle and Decepticharge for a while now simply to have some Decepticons to fight the Grimlock, Side Swipe and Smokescreen I already own. But Alternators are a low priority if any in my complete the past collections I really want to get.
A character like Energon Optimus Prime (Which I failed to pick up and still want.) is in my opinion more fun to fiddle and play with then any of the Alts. And it's not because I'm stupid and can't handle the complex transformations, it's because they are too complex for their own good making the line only good for displaying and not playing. Which I admittedly try to do at least twice a year when I'm feeling nostalgic for the good old days when I used to lean over my bed while engaging in my own personal Beast Wars with all my BW toys back when I was like thirteen and fourteen.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #12
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Anything Beast Machines. Yuck.
Cheers Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:18 AM   #13
montague78

Ya i'd have to say the worst transformer i've seen was that Peptobismal looking TF Movie Starscream!! And it was some kind of "Limited Edition".....PUKE!! It looked like Hasbro made some major color mistake and decided to call it a "Toshiba" exclusive ......

OH S**T!!
montague78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #14
SimonMK
Armada

Armada: Pretty much everyone except Prime, Jetfire, Overload, Megatron, Tidal Wave and Unicron.

Energon: Snow Cat, Demolisher, every Autobots except Prime, Wing Saber, Omega Supreme, Landmine/Landquake, Alpha Quintesson.

Cybertron: Thundercracker, Override, Lugnutz, Evac, Mudflap, Undermine, Brimstone, every scouts except Scrapmetals, Thunderblast, Crumplezone, Quickmix, Jetfire/Sky Shadow. There probably more but this is all I remember.

Classic: Cliffjumper.

Movie: Swindle, Camshaft, Dreadwing, Payload, Stockade, Overcast, Arcee, Bonecrusher, deluxe Brawl, Dropkick, Salvage, Voyager Prime, Incinerator, Jazz, Ironhide, Scorponok.

Animated: Blackarachnea, Ratchet, Bumblebee, Oilslick, Bulkhead.
SimonMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #15
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

anything beastwars/machines or a/e, cybertron has a few redeeming figs like soundwave, and any of the one-eyes from the movie line,

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #16
Pascal
Banned

Most BW and BM figures are not worth purchasing.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #17
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fussion View Post
yeah I forgot Action Masters...I don't think they were even TF's. A transformer that doesn't transform? They could be called a statue or a GOBOT
Wouldn't a statue be a static, solid peice? (Actionmasters are known for their posability) And gobots actually do change form. Nothing you said there made any sense. Besides, the elites could transform and Omega Spreem is the best thing ever. (go ask Vangelus, he'll tell you)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Most BW and BM figures are not worth purchasing.
While I agree with the BM statement, (there were one or two neat vehicons and Maxi's, though) most of BW was pretty damn awesome. Unfortunately almost half consisted of the Transmetal 2's (some were okay, but the deluxes and others were just way too fucked up- pardon my french) and those dumb mutant things. (recycled Animorphs do NOT make good Transformers) Though the story behind them was... interesting. Then there was the Fuzors. (admittedly, Quickstrike was really fifty for a toy Scorpion/snake)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montague78 View Post
Ya i'd have to say the worst transformer i've seen was that Peptobismal looking TF Movie Starscream!! And it was some kind of "Limited Edition".....PUKE!! It looked like Hasbro made some major color mistake and decided to call it a "Toshiba" exclusive ......
My God, I still ahve no idea what the hell those guys were thinking with that thing.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 07-23-2008 at 10:37 AM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #18
Barpharanges
Beast Machine

G1 Goldbug (or any other Throttlebots). Hideous!

Unicron. Sure his robot mode is fantastic, but he doesn't transform into anything remotely like a planet, more like a fondue dish or sadistic butt-plug (with wheels!). He was just a giant Action Master, with a kibble cape that formed most of the curves of his "planet". Primus was so much better.

I avoided Energon Prime for ages, finally bought him at discount and funny enough, he is really cool. He really shines when you throw bits of Wingsaber at him, but his drone limbs are fun as well.

Universally hated Beast Wars Fuzor Injector makes a nifty housefly robot once you remove the fish nailed to his head.
Barpharanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #19
montague78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
My God, I still ahve no idea what the hell those guys were thinking with that thing.

Wat's worse was that they were charging around $200-$300 for it!!

OH S**T!!
montague78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:01 AM   #20
-KG-
Kranix

For me it's BW and BM. I was never a fan of that whole era, but I did enjoy some of the shows.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote