Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-23-2019, 12:53 AM   #1
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
Need some help with Sideswipe+ and a loose pin joint is ruining all my fun. :(

So, I have a genuine MP-12+ but I'm having trouble with the shoulders. They don't fit in flush so the top mounted shoulder canon is pointed away from where Sideswipe is aiming. I've tried to correct this but haven't had much luck.

Also, I have a pin joint that is loose on an accessory and I wanted to know what my options are for correcting this?

Here are some images of Sideswipe.

Thanks!

Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:11 AM   #2
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Need some help with Sideswipe+ and a loose pin joint is ruining all my fun. :(

The tires in the chest are mis-transformed. They should be sloping downward not horizontal.

Check out a youtube video and you'll see.

As for a loose pin, you can try working some pledge floor polish into the area to create more friction.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:28 AM   #3
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
Re: Need some help with Sideswipe+ and a loose pin joint is ruining all my fun. :(

Thanks. The video I watched had the tired horizontal but they were still able to get the shoulder canon straight.

A little pledge huh? That a hobbyist secret?
Old 04-23-2019, 03:34 PM   #4
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

BTW That shoulder section pops out pretty easy. Is that common for this figure?

Also, while I'm asking about MP problems. I have 3 more for MP-9

MP-9, the most recent release.

1 of the foots double joints likes to not "stick" in place and releases, causing one foot to be longer then the other. Can this be tightened, fixed, or replaced?

2. The arms in car mode don't hold together very well. I've heard this is a known issue. Is there any solution for this? Also the hands are usually still visible.

3. Does anyone have an MP-9 that has leg panels that actually tab together!?!? Anyone??? Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. *shrugs*

Thanks for any help you can give!

DM
Old 04-23-2019, 07:09 PM   #5
optimusb39
Animated

For my mp09 i just pop the hands right off for car mode. Its pretty easy and helps immensely in keeping the car together.
I also turn his head sidewise in car mode to make additional clearence for the wheels. Mostly the panels on the legs is hit or miss. But a little furnitire polish o the tabs my help them stick together a little better.
As for sideswipe you pretty much have to turn the wheels down almost at a 45° to make them tuck under his carhood to make the shoulders sit square. It doesnt appear from my copy that any other way will do it.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:52 AM   #6
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Thanks for the advice!

Edit: So, just to confirm, you're talking about spraying a bit of pledge onto a q-tip and rubbing a bit of it on the pin, or peg?

This won't damage the paint or plastic will it?

Thanks!

Last edited by Darkmatter; 04-24-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:48 PM   #7
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

For me I use pledgeto work into joints that are unreachable any other way. For pegs, I use clear nail polish.

As for harming the paint I have no idea. I don't think I've ever done this to an area with paint or to anything expensive. If a peg isn't tight on a pricy toy, I sometimes just use a little piece of toilet paper.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:17 AM   #8
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

OK I tried a Q-Tip first, and then just spraying both sides of the pins, and the top and bottom of the actual joint but it hasn't helped. I'll try one more application.

For the nail polish, do you recommend I use it on the pins itself at the side, or on the top and bottom where you can see the actual seams of the joint?

Lastly, would you use the same method to try to get a double ratchet joint (MP-9's ankle/foot) to tighten up, or is there a screw that you can try to tighten first?

Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to add that the first thing is actually a KO MP-36's energy mace chain. One of the pin joints.

Last edited by Darkmatter; 04-26-2019 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:53 PM   #9
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

For pins, you want to try and work it into the joint to thicken the area around to create more friction. This can be hit or miss depending on if you're able to get stuff inside the area or not.

Also make sure you're not letting the joint sit immobile for too long to prevent the possibility of it locking up. And with clear plastic you want to test anything you put on it with just a tiny bit first on an unimportant area. Sometimes things can turn clear plastic cloudy.

Another thing you can try is to work a piece of thread into the joint to achieve the same thing.

As for ratchets, at best it's a temporary fix. I find the teeth grind off anything I use to thicken the area up quite fast.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 04-26-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:22 PM   #10
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Thanks for the info. Can the joint be replaced?

DM