Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 11-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #11
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 67 - Let Me Trust You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Yay podcast is up!

Also DAT BOOTLEG (Original mold)

Where can I get those?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #12
Undrave
Canadian Slag

For the record when I learned of Rav's existence I went on EBay and ordered one! It is AWESOME! I love this little guy! It's just a cool robo bird that turns into a ballista with the flick of a switch!

Also... DEKE WILSON!!! I've been trying to remember the name of that show FOR YEARS! Thank you guys! THANK YOU!

Last edited by Undrave; 11-23-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #13
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
For the record when I learned of Rav's existence I went on EBay and ordered one! It is AWESOME! I love this little guy! It's just a cool robo bird that turns into a ballista with the flick of a switch!
Try to track down the clear blue repaint, he was Cryotek's bird pet.

Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #14
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Try to track down the clear blue repaint, he was Cryotek's bird pet.

That's the one I got actually .

It's the one that's more plentiful in fact. The toy had a running change and it was originally red. The red one is harder to find but I wanted the blue one anyway. I think this version was renamed 'Cro' in auxillary material. Cost me under 15$ shipped. I think 13 dollars and some odd cents. The red one would have cost me like 10$ more and it doesn't look as good.

Last edited by Undrave; 11-24-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #15
secretcode
Unoriginal Contentâ„¢
Send a message via AIM to secretcode Send a message via MSN to secretcode Send a message via Skype™ to secretcode

Question 1, What line/series do you like the least? What changes could be made to that series to make you actually want to put out money for figures from that line?: Make Energon have a good TV show and a cast of characters I give two shits about, and then maybe I'll end up buying more than Landmine.

Question 2, Which Transformer molds you guys would like to see remade in a Go-Bot line?: Terradive into Skyjack.

Question 3, What are your thoughts on Arms Micron as a toyline?: Considering I've bought all of ten toys from the Prime line, and I barely care about the ones I have? I couldn't care less outside of Lio Convoy and possibly the Jet Vehicon General.

Question 4, Since most TF fiction is about war between Autobots and Decepticons,if it were up to you,what other adversaries do you want?: Add some neutrals for both parties to fight to basically make the various wars less black-or-white.

Question 5, How should I manage what and when to buy figures? How to prioritize your buying while still being able to get everything in the long run?: Honestly, the best advice was already given via Protoman's answer. He told that to me once before Botcon (Or during, can't remember) and honestly this year it's sorta changed how I go about collecting toys, outside of my idiotic $20 First Edition Bumblebee purchase at BotCon.

Question 6, What alt mode should my d*** take?: Rickshaw, complete with a "driver" wearing a coolie hat.
secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #16
Protoman
The Legend

Also Gobots Pocket

Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #17
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

Wooo Hooo! My Go-Bot question made it in! I'll have to listen to it later when I have time.

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #18
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

What line/series do you like the least? What changes could be made to that series to make you actually want to put out money for figures from that line?
Prime. Make the story/characters more compelling and original. I find that every time the show presents interesting possibilities plot-wise, they usually go with the obvious outcome or a less obvious and less interesting outcome. Just thinking back to the season 2 finale...
Prime: "We must stop Megatron no matter the cost!"
Megatron: "We have your children!"
Prime: "OK, we give up."
Me: "LAME!"
The show has no meat to it. There's no character development in it. Not like there was in say BW or Animated. It's just [Conflict] -> [Resolution]. All the characters seemed to have lost whatever development they had earlier in the series and have just become flat and stale.

Not to mention the stupid light-up Mech Tech gimmick ruins the voyager toys.

Which Transformer molds you guys would like to see remade in a Go-Bot line?

Not much I can add beyond what was said in the podcast. Updated eHobby Gobots set, Leader-1, Cy-Kill, etc. How about DOTM Skyhammer repainted as Gobots Warpath?
http://www.tfu.info/Gobots/Renegades...th/warpath.htm

What are your thoughts on Arms Micron as a toyline?

Meh. Nemesis Prime and Lio Convoy are all I care about.

Since most TF fiction is about war between Autobots and Decepticons,if it were up to you,what other adversaries do you want?

Bring back Sideways! I can't express this enough, he was one of the best things to come out of the Unicron Trilogy era. I'd also like to see some rogue characters in there too. Transformers who don't have an allegiance. Guys like Lockdown, Devcon, Overlord, Ratbat, Tarantulas, Guiltor, and Greatshot. Especially a Sixshot-type character, for obvious reasons, but also for some cool story telling reasons. A mix of the "phase-sixer" from IDW and the honourable warrior from Headmasters would be superb! Imagine a guy who could mop the floor with Megatron and Prime at the same time with one hand behind his back. A cold loner who has no interest in either faction, only his honour and what he wants. Yet has an odd caring interest in the Earth and humands. So that at the end of the series when Megatron goes balls nuts and is going to blow up the Earth, he steps in and finishes him.

How should I manage what and when to buy figures? How to prioritize your buying while still being able to get everything in the long run?

Exactly what Protoman said. Just be patient. Unless it's a really limited and/or third party figure, then you may want to jump on it. But for the most part, waiting is always better. Especially when it comes to the Masterpieces. Like they said on the podcast, we've gone essentially all of them so far except for Megatron for obvious reasons. And even then, you'ld have been better off waiting because the first release had that horrible "Cosmic Rust" issue. And honestly, I'd still wait if you're looking to get an MP Megatron. It's only a matter of time until they do a new, better version to go with the smaller MP-10 Optimus Prime.

What alt mode should my d*** take?

A gerbil.

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 11-24-2012 at 05:20 PM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #19
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I grabbed a deluxe scale KO Nightscream at the Rockton world fair ( a small town fair an hour from my place) in 2001 for 2 bucks. its paint job was great and looked exactly like a deluxe version should and it transforms just like the full sized figure but it looks way better. Its in the back of my storage area with all my original beast war/beast machine figures but I'll post a pic of him sometime when I get back in there, lol. I also grabbed a deluxe scale optimus primal KO based on the first version of the figure at the same fair.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 11-25-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #20
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
What line/series do you like the least? What changes could be made to that series to make you actually want to put out money for figures from that line?
I've got to agree with Beast Machines. That whole line needs a re-do. This is how I think it should be, using the old size class system:

Maximals

Primal - mega
Rattrap - deluxe
Blackarachnia - deluxe
Silverbolt - mega
Cheetor - mega
Nightscream - basic
Botanica - deluxe (I'm sure they could come up with something)

Vehicons

Megatron - supreme triple changer (BGH, ship, robot)
Tankor - ultra
Jetstorm & drone - mega & deluxe
Thrust & drone - deluxe & basic
Strika & drone - mega & deluxe
Obsidian & drone - mega & deluxe

Quote:
Which Transformer molds you guys would like to see remade in a Go-Bot line?
I really have no opinion on this.

Quote:
What are your thoughts on Arms Micron as a toyline?
I have Jet Vehicon, and the cobra, gecko, and the Op and Bee Microns. I like them, especially the one that came with Jet Vehicon, they're really cool.
But that said, while I hate the stupid mech tech weapons our TF's have, I am kinda glad we're not getting them packed in with our TF's. I have the Car Vehicon as well and the JV's Micron weapon is just so friggin' huge!
It would be nice if we could get them here the way we got Minicons in the past; in packs of 3-4 depending on if they are supposed to form some kind of super weapon.

And the Japanese fiction around them makes no sense: the TF's weapons have been exposed to huge amounts of energon and it caused them to come to life, but the TF's don't know it.

Huh?! In Prime, the TF's weapons are fully integrated parts of their bodies. I'd think Optimus would know if his friggin' arm had come to life!

Personally I like the stickers. I forget who it was that complained about the sloppy sticker placement, but you can't really lay that at the feet of Takara. If you can't put stickers on nicely, it's not their fault!

They are really expensive, and I would only suggest getting the one's that are not coming out over here like Breakdown and Jet Vehicon. Though I do plan to get the AM version of Airachnid. She's packed one per case and goes for stupid amounts of money on ebay. For literally a few dollars more you can get her with a Micron partner (2 TF's for 1 price) and stickers to add more detail that the Hasbro release will have.

Quote:
Since most TF fiction is about war between Autobots and Decepticons,if it were up to you,what other adversaries do you want?
I wouldn't mind seeing the Quintesson's come back.

Quote:
How should I manage what and when to buy figures? How to prioritize your buying while still being able to get everything in the long run?
I agree with the guys on this.

Quote:
What alt mode should my d*** take?
A pussy magnet!

Last edited by Shockwave 75; 11-26-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Shockwave 75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian slag, podcast