Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-05-2019, 11:34 PM   #1
northren prime
Generation 2
amazon japan/ mp 44

hi was wondering if anyone knows much about amazon japan and using using using it to preorder the new optimus prime mp?
Old 03-05-2019, 11:51 PM   #2
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: amazon japan/ mp 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by northren prime View Post
hi was wondering if anyone knows much about amazon japan and using using using it to preorder the new optimus prime mp?
You can open Amazon Japan on your phone using the app (you just change your "Country & Language" in "Settings"). You may may not have to create a new account, but if you do, you can just enter the same info from your normal account. I've used Amazon JP quite a few times and I've been quite impressed by their service. Orders are shipped in time and very fast (the only thing is that they ship with DHL, so if you have a PO Box as the address, DHL will hold your package at a pickup facility, or deliver to your house if you use a home address). The prices are quite fair. You do pay a small import fee on orders, but it isn't much (definitely less than the US site, and usually the fee will be refunded in a month).

I paid 36,339¥ for MP-44 from Amazon JP, which includes the import fee and shipping (~$430 CAD total). The price of MP-44 has increased a little since I preordered mine, but still cheaper than most other sites. I would definitely recommend using Amazon Japan. One thing to also note is that if you do preorder MP-44 from Amazon Japan, you will be ineligible to cancel the preorder after a certain date.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:07 AM   #3
zhaobinis1
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
You can open Amazon Japan on your phone using the app (you just change your "Country & Language" in "Settings"). You may may not have to create a new account, but if you do, you can just enter the same info from your normal account. I've used Amazon JP quite a few times and I've been quite impressed by their service. Orders are shipped in time and very fast (the only thing is that they ship with DHL, so if you have a PO Box as the address, DHL will hold your package at a pickup facility, or deliver to your house if you use a home address). The prices are quite fair. You do pay a small import fee on orders, but it isn't much (definitely less than the US site, and usually the fee will be refunded in a month).

I paid 36,339¥ for MP-44 from Amazon JP, which includes the import fee and shipping (~$430 CAD total). The price of MP-44 has increased a little since I preordered mine, but still cheaper than most other sites. I would definitely recommend using Amazon Japan. One thing to also note is that if you do preorder MP-44 from Amazon Japan, you will be ineligible to cancel the preorder after a certain date.
Do they really refund you the import fee? Like the import fee shown when you check out?
zhaobinis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:40 AM   #4
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaobinis1 View Post
Do they really refund you the import fee? Like the import fee shown when you check out?
Only partially for me... but consider the cheaper shipping compare to others (¥1200 vs at least ¥3000+) it is ok.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:06 AM   #5
jtkv
Robot Master

I tried to order MP-44 and SS Ironhide from amazon.jp, and both does not allow to my Ontario address.
How are you guys able to order MP-44?

I was able to order other Transformers items, but not these two....
For Sale List thread
jtkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:46 AM   #6
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkv View Post
I tried to order MP-44 and SS Ironhide from amazon.jp, and both does not allow to my Ontario address.
How are you guys able to order MP-44?

I was able to order other Transformers items, but not these two....
Hmmm, I just tried again to test it and the site allowed me. Make sure that the seller for MP-44 is Amazon.co.jp. Maybe SS Ironhide can't be delivered to Canada.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:25 PM   #7
zhaobinis1
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Only partially for me... but consider the cheaper shipping compare to others (¥1200 vs at least ¥3000+) it is ok.
Good to know. Thanks!
zhaobinis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:31 PM   #8
jtkv
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Hmmm, I just tried again to test it and the site allowed me. Make sure that the seller for MP-44 is Amazon.co.jp. Maybe SS Ironhide can't be delivered to Canada.
Ahhhh.. thanks for the tip.
The seller for MP-44 was not amazon.jp (was amiami).. once I picked the proper seller, than it's fine.

MPM-7 Ironhide (Not SS Ironhide) still does not ship even with amazon.jp

I do hope I get some refunds for the customs fees as well.
For Sale List thread
jtkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:08 PM   #9
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Ahhhh.. thanks for the tip.
The seller for MP-44 was not amazon.jp (was amiami).. once I picked the proper seller, than it's fine.

MPM-7 Ironhide (Not SS Ironhide) still does not ship even with amazon.jp

You should eventually get a portion back as a refund. I just got a customs refund from them today. The nice thing is that you also won't get charged any extra fees when your item arrives in Canada. I just ordered the Soul of Chogokin Gx-85 Titanus (from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) from Amazon Japan and was charged no extra import fees when I picked up the order from DHL (and that order was $321 CAD).
Old 03-07-2019, 02:00 PM   #10
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
dont hope for much, because the most you'll get are a few cents. here is a typical example from one of my many orders:

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $0.69 for your Order

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5 (Amazon Exclusive)
Quantity: 1
Reason for refund: Export fee reduced

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Import Fee Deposit Refund: $0.69
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote