Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #2681
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
Haha, awesome, I wished everyone a Merry Daft Punksmas on Facebook.

I'm buying a hard copy... sorta. I'm broke so my girlfriend's picking it up instead. I bought Vampire Weekend & the Gatsby soundtrack last week so it's nice that she's returning the favor.
Nice man! I'm so stoked today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Whooot wooot!!!

Why not buy at Zulu on 4th instead? http://www.zulurecords.com/

Gotta support local independents stores, yo.
Yoooo, I never heard of this place before.. I'll definitely have to check it out! I was at a records store on Commercial-Broadway and they're like OUT of DP vinyls. Turns out they have a tendency to go super fast WHODATHUNK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
I saw these helmets and I plan on getting the Guy-Man one at some point and I hope to cosplay for the upcoming anime convention this summer.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #2682
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I emailed HLJ inquiring about the S.H.Figuarta DP figures. Here's their response:

Thank you for writing in.

We do not have any official information from our suppliers about that item at this time, but as soon as we do it will be up on the website. I'm sorry, but I cannot give you any indication of when exactly that might be. Please keep checking the site!

Please note that we put items up for preorder on the website immediately upon receiving the release information from our suppliers. This means that we really do not know when something will be available until literally minutes before it actually goes live on the site. So, if you don't see something listed on the site yet, it's probably because we haven't received the information yet. Again, please keep checking!

Thank you for shopping at HobbyLink Japan! We appreciate your business!

Best Regards,

HobbyLink Japan
www.hlj.com
Old 05-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #2683
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroShake View Post
IT'S THE MOST. WONDERFUL TIME. OF THE YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!! *DROPS THE BASS*

TODAY IS THE DAY FRIENDS! As soon as I get off work I'm booking my ass over to HMV and buying TWO copies of RAM. Anyone else buying hard copies or am I the only one XP
I will buy one. Looking forward to adding it to my CD collection!
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #2684
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I emailed HLJ inquiring about the S.H.Figuarta DP figures. Here's their response:

Thank you for writing in.

We do not have any official information from our suppliers about that item at this time, but as soon as we do it will be up on the website. I'm sorry, but I cannot give you any indication of when exactly that might be. Please keep checking the site!

Please note that we put items up for preorder on the website immediately upon receiving the release information from our suppliers. This means that we really do not know when something will be available until literally minutes before it actually goes live on the site. So, if you don't see something listed on the site yet, it's probably because we haven't received the information yet. Again, please keep checking!

Thank you for shopping at HobbyLink Japan! We appreciate your business!

Best Regards,

HobbyLink Japan
www.hlj.com
Thanks for the heads up Darth! Hearing this just makes me more anxious to when they get released.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #2685
venksta
Render Project Creations

So a couple of us had a meetup over the weekend. It went well, and we had a fun time. Got some photos below. There was food too, lol. And we had two 3rd party contacts come out, with in hand samples of upcoming stuff. Plus some trading and buying going on.

Anyone now interested in the next meet up? One of the members here offered their place for this past meetup. But I'm going to assume if we have more people show up, someone's place will not be big enough, especially for 10+ people. Maybe meetup at a park or something on a nice sunny day? We can meet mid June or mid July. Lets get this going.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130519_160545.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	18798   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130519_160554.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	18799  
Old 05-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #2686
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I might be interested, depending on when and where.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #2687
Northof49
Generation 2
Thumbs up Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroShake View Post
IT'S THE MOST. WONDERFUL TIME. OF THE YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!! *DROPS THE BASS*

TODAY IS THE DAY FRIENDS! As soon as I get off work I'm booking my ass over to HMV and buying TWO copies of RAM. Anyone else buying hard copies or am I the only one XP

Got my copy. I only buy Physical media. I would of bought the LP if it was available. All the ones that Willowbrook HMV were pre-orders and spoken for. Oh well. At least I have the CD. Listened to it all the way home!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #2688
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
Anyone now interested in the next meet up? One of the members here offered their place for this past meetup. But I'm going to assume if we have more people show up, someone's place will not be big enough, especially for 10+ people. Maybe meetup at a park or something on a nice sunny day? We can meet mid June or mid July. Lets get this going.
I could possibly offer 2 options:
  • look into renting the cabana/clubhouse in my complex (has chairs, tables) We could head out for AYCE sushi afterwards or hit up Ohare's Pub close by afterwards
  • ask my old colleagues at Silvercity Riverport how much renting a theatre might cost with the intention of screening the '86 movie
Everyone would have to be cool about coming to Richmond, though. The former option may be free but low-fi whereas the theatre might be cool but $$$.

I'll ask about the clubhouse in the meantime.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #2689
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
I could possibly offer 2 options:
  • look into renting the cabana/clubhouse in my complex (has chairs, tables) We could head out for AYCE sushi afterwards or hit up Ohare's Pub close by afterwards
  • ask my old colleagues at Silvercity Riverport how much renting a theatre might cost with the intention of screening the '86 movie
Everyone would have to be cool about coming to Richmond, though. The former option may be free but low-fi whereas the theatre might be cool but $$$.

I'll ask about the clubhouse in the meantime.
Woah, cool, thanks for offering to look into the clubhouse. How many people would you be able to fit into the clubhouse at your complex? For the theatre, we wouldn't really be able to hang out there and do trades and stuff would we? It'd be just show up and watch a movie? So we'd need a place to hang out.

The Los Angeles TF community rent out a big room at a hotel, every 3 months for their meet up. It costs them money, but everyone always pitches in $2 to help cover the cost. From the photos I've seen, it looks like a nice big room for the meet up, and they have a great turn out of collectors. I personally don't mind paying a couple dollars to help cover rental fee if it allows more of us to meet up, while hanging out somewhere nice.

I think if we organize it right, there should be enough of us coming into Richmond or where ever, that can help carpool for those who don't have a car.

Right now, the clubhouse at your place is sounding nice.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #2690
Trans4mers
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
Woah, cool, thanks for offering to look into the clubhouse. How many people would you be able to fit into the clubhouse at your complex? For the theatre, we wouldn't really be able to hang out there and do trades and stuff would we? It'd be just show up and watch a movie? So we'd need a place to hang out.

The Los Angeles TF community rent out a big room at a hotel, every 3 months for their meet up. It costs them money, but everyone always pitches in $2 to help cover the cost. From the photos I've seen, it looks like a nice big room for the meet up, and they have a great turn out of collectors. I personally don't mind paying a couple dollars to help cover rental fee if it allows more of us to meet up, while hanging out somewhere nice.

I think if we organize it right, there should be enough of us coming into Richmond or where ever, that can help carpool for those who don't have a car.

Right now, the clubhouse at your place is sounding nice.
Awsome. Looking forward to this. My condo also has a club house so maybe in the future that is another option.
Trans4mers is offline   Reply With Quote