Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 03-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #51
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Re: Watch ShelfLife.net on Dragons Den Wed Feb 26th, 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deagle7000 View Post
I signed up for the site a long time ago to keep track of stuff but it's not as smooth and easy as it could be.

Now I mostly get e-mails that say users want to buy things I have and that I should totally be selling them. For instance someone wants a MIB Hasbro MP-10 and they are willing to pay $40. Wow, I can't sell fast enough with offers like that.
You're looking at this backwards. Try getting info from Ebay on what people are willing to pay for things automatically and conveniently to your inbox. Personally I've sold over a dozen items through ShelfLife in this manner while ignoring the lowball values (which are not offers btw). This will get even easier when you can add folks to trading circles, message directly etc later this year.

Also, you have full control over how often you get those notification emails in your profile settings.

James

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:47 PM   #52
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Re: Watch ShelfLife.net on Dragons Den Wed Feb 26th, 8pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime View Post
I had a friend who got a deal but then the Dragon reneged, so apparently a deal on-air isn't necessarily a binding contract (I assume most deals do go through, otherwise they'd lose all credibility). I would be interested to know if you got the deal you agreed to.

Also heard that the individual pitches are MUCH longer, as in 1-2 hours or more. How long did your guys taping last?
I can't get into details, but suffice to say DD is about promo, not about closing bad deals. The promo however, often leads to a much better deal with another investor, as it just did for us.

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote