Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-22-2015, 12:32 AM   #11
CanBot
Cybertron
Re: MP-10 Blue eyes

Great, thanks for the links! I really am considering this, but my ol' TF OC gets all upset when I think of modding an official figure. It's the cutting of those posts that bugs me. If I didn't have to do that, I would have already swapped them out a long time ago. I honestly think Hasbro did that one on purpose, lol.

It looks like a shit-simple solution, and the price is right. As long as the XActo doesn't cause any damage on to the sides of the head, that is...mine doesn't have a lot of wiggle room in that area. And I'm thinking most people don't re-apply glue when they fix it back up; is there any noticeable gap or anything once the screws are back in the head?

How does this red eye set compare in colour to the Takara red eyes? Does anybody know?
Old 10-22-2015, 12:38 AM   #12
justinrj
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
Great, thanks for the links! I really am considering this, but my ol' TF OC gets all upset when I think of modding an official figure. It's the cutting of those posts that bugs me. If I didn't have to do that, I would have already swapped them out a long time ago. I honestly think Hasbro did that one on purpose, lol.

It looks like a shit-simple solution, and the price is right. As long as the XActo doesn't cause any damage on to the sides of the head, that is...mine doesn't have a lot of wiggle room in that area. And I'm thinking most people don't re-apply glue when they fix it back up; is there any noticeable gap or anything once the screws are back in the head?

How does this red eye set compare in colour to the Takara red eyes? Does anybody know?
You don't have to cut the posts. If you use an X-Acto knife, you can run it down the seems on the side of Soundwave's head then slowly pry both halves apart. Trust me, I ordered these from Nonnef months ago and replaced the yellow eyes in my Hasbro Soundwave.
justinrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:46 AM   #13
CanBot
Cybertron

Isn't there glue in those posts? That's what all the youtube videos seem to show, and some of the people mention that there may be 'extra' glue to cut through. If all one has to do is pry, then I'm in. I was able to fix the XActo down one half of the head, but the other, not so much. The plastic doesn't look like it would have much strength if you actually pried with a metal blade; I believe you, it's just that it's the first I've heard that you don't have to actually cut. It would be a game changer for me for sure.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:56 AM   #14
justinrj
Generation 1

Quote:
Isn't there glue in those posts? That's what all the youtube videos seem to show, and some of the people mention that there may be 'extra' glue to cut through. If all one has to do is pry, then I'm in. I was able to fix the XActo down one half of the head, but the other, not so much. The plastic doesn't look like it would have much strength if you actually pried with a metal blade; I believe you, it's just that it's the first I've heard that you don't have to actually cut. It would be a game changer for me for sure.
There's some glue I believe, but not enough to permanently affix the two halves. It just requires a little bit of effort and only prying a little bit one half at a time. Also, only pry close the pegs themselves, although you may have to start separating the halves a little further away then moving closer.

From Nonnef's Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSO2oenNXV4
Old 10-22-2015, 01:17 AM   #15
CanBot
Cybertron

I've seen that video, and it clearly shows the two posts that need to be cut. You're saying you were slowly able to pry the two pegs out of those holes? If so, that's great...and the only thing stopping me from doing it, unfortunately.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:49 AM   #16
justinrj
Generation 1

Quote:
I've seen that video, and it clearly shows the two posts that need to be cut. You're saying you were slowly able to pry the two pegs out of those holes? If so, that's great...and the only thing stopping me from doing it, unfortunately.
Whoops, sorry. I remembered someone's instructions and I thought it was Nonnef's video. That said, I didn't cut the pegs and I used the method I described above and I had no problems whatsoever.