Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-09-2007, 07:56 AM   #21
jimsupreme
Generation 2
jimsupreme's Ebay Auctions
Re: IDW Transformers Comics Thread(Spoilers)

I have picked up amost everything from IDW and it runs the gamut from fantastic to crap. it seems atleast when Simon furman is writing it it has a good flow but, when it's someone else it turns pretty ugly, pretty fast. the best non furman scripted series had to be Hearts of Steel, I loved that mini series right up until the craptastic ending >_<

the ongoing series is getting better and deeper as it goes along and i'm really starting to like EJ Su's art where as I was not a big fan when he was first announced as the artist of the series.

the Beast wars series are great too especially now that Unicron may be involved ..oohh.. scary...

the spotlights are hit and miss but over all fun

I just wish they'd bring out more TPB's in the pocket manga format I have infiltration , Beast Wars and Stormbringer... wheres the rest IDW? guess i'll have to write Chris Ryall and ask -_-

Jim
jimsupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:10 AM   #22
Wodicus
Beasty

That's what I like about the IDW stuff, the sheer expanse of the universe. Everything ties into everything else, like each spotlight has some connection to the main story line and they all seem to be feeding into something much bigger.

I'm really eager to see where all of these loose ends are leading to and I've been wondering if eventually they will all feed into a much larger story line. Like I'm assuming this Dead Universe stuff is going to be really big later on.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:41 AM   #23
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Does anyone know what the Devastation #3 release date is? I've been holding off swinging by the comic shop to pick up some stuff till it comes out. Ramjet Spotlight is waiting for me but I'm hoping to pick up more than one comic when I go by. It seems like more than a month has gone by since #2

EDIT: IDW website says November 21st release? Can anybody confirm this is out?

Last edited by Robimus; 11-26-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:07 PM   #24
devilsknight
Banned

Keep track by going to

http://www.diamondcomics.com/public/...=2&m=1&c=3&s=7

That's the best place to find out what's coming out. Though they do update it alot, so check every so often.
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:26 PM   #25
Nightbeat

Devastation #3 is due to ship on the 28th.

The release all depends on when Diamond receives the orders, the books, etc... It has happened a couple times where they get them too late and the release gets pushed back a week.
Nightbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:42 AM   #26
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Thanks everyone. Hopefully it will be there on Thursday!
Old 12-01-2007, 02:31 AM   #27
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Arggggg. No Ramjet yet . I got a subscription now so as I don't miss the new books.

Devastation #3 was pretty slick. This series is moving at lightspeed now, WOW! Looks like all the Transformers in the Universe are headed to earth for war, three different factions worth. I'm really interested to see if we have a Prime vs Sixshot battle.................also I think that big Texas Coyboy dude might be Scorponoks Hologuy. If it is him thats pretty funny. I keep thinking of a cross between Boss Hog and JBL from the WWE when I see that guy.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:22 AM   #28
kakit
Machine War

I tried going to one of the comic stores I visit(AK Sports) yesterday, still no Devastation 3, really confused. That place rarely has what I'm looking for so I usually have to go all the way to Heroes' World. Hopefully I'll be able to find the Infilitration TPB Reprint today.

Bad Seller: X-Warlock
kakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #29
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Finally found another couple back issues I needed.
Ramjet Spotlight: Fun, but really doesn't do much to move the main story along in any way. Really liked Skywarp getting some decent page time. Mini-Con Posse was entertaining, especially since I was reading it to my daughter. Hard to give every character a different voice though.....

Optimus Prime Spotlight: This is one of the best Spotlights going, really ties into Devastation #3. Its an incredibly poignant moment when Prime realizes that those he has idolized were not worthy of his admiration. Amazing book, maybe my favorite thus far.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Old 01-20-2008, 01:15 AM   #30
Nightbeat

Devastation 4 was a blast but things in the series are moving so quickly I'm almost looking forward to things slowing down for some explanations.
Nightbeat is offline   Reply With Quote