Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Transformers On Ebay

Old 12-14-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
CanBot
Cybertron
It's like Christmas 1986: ebay Insecticons

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...p2047675.l2565

I had this exact set of three insecticons back in 86, but even nostalgia isn't going to make me pull the trigger on this auction! Sure would be nice to have tucked away, though. I've already picked up the reissue from a few years back, but something about those boxes, the tech specs...it was between these guys and the boxed set of Constructicons, but the bugs won out.

I wonder what they'd be worth in another 30 years?
Old 12-14-2014, 11:39 PM   #2
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Re: It's like Christmas 1986: ebay Insecticons

I don't know how much but as I was looking around I came across this; TRANSFORMERS G1 SLAG MISB AFA LOW PRODUCTION MADE IN MACAU VARIANT - NOT REISSUE
Asking price: $2,500.00

Wow I am going to puke now, this price is insane, and you would have to be crazy to buy it at that price
Old 12-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

MISB G1 figures are expensive. If you think it's too much, get loose ones or opened. I don't buy MISB either, but I can see why people would

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBot View Post
http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...p2047675.l2565

I had this exact set of three insecticons back in 86, but even nostalgia isn't going to make me pull the trigger on this auction! Sure would be nice to have tucked away, though. I've already picked up the reissue from a few years back, but something about those boxes, the tech specs...it was between these guys and the boxed set of Constructicons, but the bugs won out.

I wonder what they'd be worth in another 30 years?
I saw this sellers auctions too. Just being nosey here but was it the price for this particular lot that made you decide not to pull the trigger? I actually think that the price is fairly reasonable given the condition of the boxes, the fact that they are still sealed to the card and the fact that you get all 3 at once so in a way you save on shipping (rather than buying them from separate buyers). They really look terrific together.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #5
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
I don't know how much but as I was looking around I came across this; TRANSFORMERS G1 SLAG MISB AFA LOW PRODUCTION MADE IN MACAU VARIANT - NOT REISSUE
Asking price: $2,500.00

Wow I am going to puke now, this price is insane, and you would have to be crazy to buy it at that price
I've never heard of this particular variant. If nothing is different about it I don't honestly know why anyone would care that it's from Macau. At least the Canadian variants are different from the regular Slag.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:23 AM   #6
CanBot
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron75 View Post
I saw this sellers auctions too. Just being nosey here but was it the price for this particular lot that made you decide not to pull the trigger? I actually think that the price is fairly reasonable given the condition of the boxes, the fact that they are still sealed to the card and the fact that you get all 3 at once so in a way you save on shipping (rather than buying them from separate buyers). They really look terrific together.

As nostalgic as I am, I'm happy with my reissues. As I got these three back in 86, I would have considered maybe $75 each. They would have just lived in the boxes, however. They're CIB, not sealed, which would have also been fine by me (if they were MISB, I'm sure the price would have been much higher).

I only pointed out the auction because it looked great, but I'm happy with what I already have. They'd be great to have in that format, though...although they weren't technically my first TF (that would be one of those flip-up guys), this set was the first one I drooled over for an entire year ...back in the days when the only time most kids would get a toy was at Christmas or on birthdays.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:34 AM   #7
supermanTF
Generation 2

I like my reissues too - The Transformers collection was great but it's expensive. I prefer to purchase loose good condition. They're for showing and I would transform them, pose them and display it differently at a time. If I buy something that came in box I tend to keep in a box and I'm running out of space.
supermanTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:56 AM   #8
CanBot
Cybertron

It just struck me a few minutes ago how important that Christmas was in my history with TFs...I can distinctly recall opening up the boxes, and my buddy helping me put on the decals (which was kinda the thing to do, as GI Joe had decals too). Of course, a few of those stickers went on a lil wonky, and that's where the obsessive behaviour around sticker placement started! And fast forward some 20+ years to where I got the reissues: I took an XActo and trimmed up everything to fit perfectly...only to have them peel off in areas a few years later Ya just can't win!

That wasn't my first experience with TFs, that woulda been...Windcharger?...maybe Ironhide, but I think it was a red fire truck. Can't even remember who that would have been, but I do remember how every boy in class was just bonkers over Transformers. Literally, every single one!...hilarious to think, and I don't think I saw anything else like that every again. Between the cartoons and the toys, those two franchises (GI Joe and TFs) were just a phenomenon. And there was many, MANY years that I completely just had no use for that kinda stuff (although I have to admit, during my teens I had a bit of a desire to collect Captain Power...that was, at least until I tried the 'game' video tapes. Just wasn't that great)...moved on to video games, RPGs, drinking and women ...even though I still always thought they were cool, and always wondered if the brand would make a comeback. It wasn't until 2009 where I picked it up, moderately, with the movie line for ROTF.

Anyways, that's my history lesson: now you know it all!

Any links to threads with a nostalgic theme here?...I tried to search but didn't turn up much.