Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-21-2014, 12:33 AM   #11
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: Date Night

Well, there are some details missing in this story.
How did you meet? As in, from where do you know her?
Were you acquaintances, in-person, before the date, or was the date the first time you met in-person?

To me, it sounds like it is the latter. And, if such is the case, it is even more important to be a little more flexible with what you figure to happen with a first date.

What she said might be a little shocking and upsetting, but it is good that she was upfront about it when she was sure about her feeling, or lack thereof. She might have still been uncertain after talking on the phone and texting. Maybe she made the date to see how she felt when you were together in-person. Just because she made the date, doesn't mean she is as interested as you. The situation could easily happen the other way too, and you could have been the one to realize that you're not as interested after meeting.

You seem to be bitter and too concerned about your time being wasted. I think that says a bit about your personality. Pessimistic. Like Huffer. Maybe it's the vibe she felt when you met in-person.

It might be more beneficial to make the most out of the situation. As others here have suggested: It could also be good to make a new friend. Tell her that you still think she is interesting, and that you would still like to get together as friends. Who knows? Maybe she has a friend that might be better for you. And, it doesn't hurt to have friends available as a "fake" date for an outing to a movie, or social events.

I don't think anyone could tell you honestly that dating is easy. It takes time, work, and the right combination of people! Good luck with your future endeavours!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:00 AM   #12
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
I get the feeling the only connections the OP wants to make is to find a potential mate.
Hmm...

http://youtu.be/DbAcA95xTzM?t=21s
Old 06-21-2014, 03:03 AM   #13
Beechy
The Veteran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Can't you just keep her as a friend? I am in love with my best gal friend who is dating another guy. My best gal friend whom I would marry if I have the chance. But I can't. You can't do worse than me.

Accidents can happen.... for a price.
Beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:36 AM   #14
ironclaugh
Armada

It's always good to be friends with girls because they know lots of other girls
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:04 AM   #15
Rev
Addict

That she was open and direct is good. Would you rather she play games? I think her honesty isn't the point though. You feel rejected and that stings. But it is better for her to be honest than to lead you on. Most people know within th first minute if they are attracted to a person.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:47 AM   #16
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

You said "she can't do worse then me."

Im hoping you said that wrong because if not you are really putting yourself down and should work on your self-esteem. That could be part of the problem.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:43 AM   #17
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Dude... there is nothing wrong with making a new friend. I know it may be foreign to you but guys and girls can be friends without getting "Sex" involved.
This article from Scientific American may be relevant. I'll just provide a little quote here, and the link to the full article below:
"The results suggest large gender differences in how men and women experience opposite-sex friendships. Men were much more attracted to their female friends than vice versa. Men were also more likely than women to think that their opposite-sex friends were attracted to them—a clearly misguided belief. In fact, men’s estimates of how attractive they were to their female friends had virtually nothing to do with how these women actually felt, and almost everything to do with how the men themselves felt—basically, males assumed that any romantic attraction they experienced was mutual, and were blind to the actual level of romantic interest felt by their female friends. Women, too, were blind to the mindset of their opposite-sex friends; because females generally were not attracted to their male friends, they assumed that this lack of attraction was mutual. As a result, men consistently overestimated the level of attraction felt by their female friends and women consistently underestimated the level of attraction felt by their male friends."
http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-just-friends/

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #18
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot22 View Post
You said "she can't do worse then me."
Just noting that it wasn't the OP that said that... And it is mis-quoted. Darth Cylon was comparing situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Can't you just keep her as a friend? I am in love with my best gal friend who is dating another guy. My best gal friend whom I would marry if I have the chance. But I can't. You can't do worse than me.
I had a "best gal friend" once. It was actually pretty cool hanging out without the being a couple. We were fairly open about things and I think that made for a better friendship. We had some good fun, and we are still pretty good friends today.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:16 AM   #19
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobuilder View Post
Try not to look at it as wasted time, but rather as practice. Dating is an art, not a science. I went out on a lot of dates before meeting my fiancée. Often there would be great chemistry over the phone, but when we met in person, it didn't click. It's just one of those things. It can be frustrating, but it's best to just learn from the experience and move on to the next girl.

Patience and perseverance usually pay off when playing the dating game. It can take several so-so dates before having a good one. Also, it helps to approach a date with no expectations (she is probably guilty of this as well - most people make this mistake) and just see where it leads. Sometimes, you'll make a friend that will introduce you to new people.

Anyways, not sure if any of this is helpful. Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for.

OB

Oreobuilder is right. Practice man. Practice.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:25 AM   #20
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

You went out with a woman, that's more than I can say for myself, and while it may have been painful, even potentially ridiculing in your mind, chalk it up to some life experience and move on.

These things tend to happen more often than not, finding a proper companion in this modern day and age has come a long way since the days of clubbing and male dominant crap we've had to evolve through. The first one isn't always going to click, that's how life is.