Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2015, 12:39 AM   #8831
thebobkat
Canadian Slag
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Beast Wars...errr....NASA's Golden Discs audio uploaded to Soundcloud

http://nerdist.com/nasa-uploads-carl...to-soundcloud/

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:12 AM   #8832
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
Yup, limited to 1 each. I decided to try TSB shipping (Point Roberts) for a change since the shipping to Canada is ridiculous and not helped any by the exchange.

Shipping to Canada for my '85 Kre-O and Combiner Hunters sets came to $35 USD + $20 USD in taxes/duty. Shipping to TSB across the border came to $9.95 USD + $12 USD tax...I still have to drive across and I might get hit for duty but I figured I'd give it a try.

________

I'm a little surprised that as of 4:30pm they still have stock of all the Transformers. I guess they either made more this time or it didn't sell as well as last year. Either way, I'm glad that they have stock this time and I didn't have to scramble and stay up late trying to catch it as goes up like the '84 Kreon set last year. Much less stress (except for the $ exchange :P)
good grief all the TF items are still available now. Why did I bother with my efforts earlier?

UPDATE: all the items are still available the day after. I have submitted a new order for all 3 items instead of paying too much shipping for my original 3 seperate orders.

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs

Last edited by pandaprime; 07-29-2015 at 09:16 PM.
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:56 AM   #8833
venksta
Render Project Creations

Ages Three and Up have a bunch of testshots and prototypes on display from TFCon, for various MMC, Fansproject, Maketoys, and Voodoo Toys. The Maketoy's Scoroponok is worth checking out alone. That think is freaking massive.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:50 AM   #8834
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
Ages Three and Up have a bunch of testshots and prototypes on display from TFCon, for various MMC, Fansproject, Maketoys, and Voodoo Toys. The Maketoy's Scoroponok is worth checking out alone. That think is freaking massive.
couldn't find the Scorponok where did you see it?

I kind of like the TFC rachet and Ironhide are they MP size?

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:36 PM   #8835
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 View Post

I kind of like the TFC rachet and Ironhide are they MP size?
I'm usually not a fan of TFC stuff for various reasons but I agree, I'm really liking the TFC Medic (Ratchet) and Ironwill (Ironhide) as well. TFC doesn't really make small figures so I assume it's scaled fairly large (whether or not it's in "proper" scale to the other MPs is the question).

Old 07-30-2015, 01:41 PM   #8836
victory_saber
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
It was in the case (centre aisle) with all the other 3rd parties...it took like half of the shelf, HUGE!! It was a prototype so it wasn't painted and didn't standout compared to the other items.

I was eyeing the Cupola for awhile but left with only a CW groove...can anyone sway me on buying this HM? Just concern TT will make one down the road, put a hold on any MP like 3rd party purchases because of the great stuff TT has.
victory_saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:51 PM   #8837
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_saber View Post
I was eyeing the Cupola for awhile but left with only a CW groove...can anyone sway me on buying this HM? Just concern TT will make one down the road, put a hold on any MP like 3rd party purchases because of the great stuff TT has.
I'm still a little undecided on whether I should start on the "MP" class of stuff like headmasters (e.g. Cupola). All the 3rd parties seem to be on an MP kick and it's getting way too expensive. I'm trying to stick to FP's headmasters - they're solid, and since they're smaller the price point is a little easier to swallow. If I buy Cupola, then I'll feel the need to buy all the ones they release...and my wallet weeps lol.

I want a return to some smaller items with interesting designs and nice detail, I guess more in the Classics style.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #8838
victory_saber
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
I'm still a little undecided on whether I should start on the "MP" class of stuff like headmasters (e.g. Cupola). All the 3rd parties seem to be on an MP kick and it's getting way too expensive. I'm trying to stick to FP's headmasters - they're solid, and since they're smaller the price point is a little easier to swallow. If I buy Cupola, then I'll feel the need to buy all the ones they release...and my wallet weeps lol.

I want a return to some smaller items with interesting designs and nice detail, I guess more in the Classics style.
agree, I only have the FP HM's at this time and don't want to branch out any further. It's great that's there is so many options for us but it gets to point in which company you buy from to keep that uniform design in ones collection.
victory_saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #8839
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:

Unfortunately I'm a slut for larger 12"+/- figures because they are usually detailed better. Sold of all my chug figures because of the new MP line.

Yes thinking about it and if I was starting now, I would be hard decided on which scale to start to collect, I like the new legend scale ( Pocket series) 3p figures, they look really good. If hasbros legends were better I think I would go that route. Big selling point I guess is they take up less room.

Oh and yes I stared with Code X - now I'm hooked for the rest

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:39 PM   #8840
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Unfortunately I'm a slut for larger 12"+/- figures because they are usually detailed better. Sold of all my chug figures because of the new MP line.

Yes thinking about it and if I was starting now, I would be hard decided on which scale to start to collect, I like the new legend scale ( Pocket series) 3p figures, they look really good. If hasbros legends were better I think I would go that route. Big selling point I guess is they take up less room.

Oh and yes I stared with Code X - now I'm hooked for the rest
I'm a little less concerned with scale in my collection - I pretty much judge each figure individually and if I like it I'll get it. I've always been a fan of Legends class and mini bots and other smaller scale figures so I'm really enjoying the DX9 War In Pocket and Iron Factory legends class figures. I'm now debating whether I want to get the War In Pocket Devastator...not a particularly cheap set considering they're legends class, but it is on par if you add up each figure. Definitely looks very cool.