Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-06-2021, 07:01 AM   #81
Tiffster
Classic
Re: I just transformed...

Siege Hound. Just opened it. Disappointing. Side panels keep popping off during transformation. Vehicle is meh. Robot is fine but classics was an overall better hound and came with ravage to boot. At least I only paid $19 at Walmart clearance for this.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:37 AM   #82
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Siege Hound. Just opened it. Disappointing. Side panels keep popping off during transformation. Vehicle is meh. At least I only paid $19 at Walmart clearance for this
I got mine at Treasure Hunt for (at least) half price, and still feel like I got ripped off (and I had my choice of Siege or Netflix variants; speaks to the quality if both were available at the thrift shop?)
The leg transformation is neat like TR Kup, but the result gives these big fat chonkin' "tires on both sides" legs that are basically impossible to pose
I like the accessories and the options to reconfigure them, as well as how they all separately attach to the alt mode to replicate a nice, rugged jeep
And I liked how his jeep is damn near close enough to an earth alt mode, that it could arguably pass
(or course got dat battle-muck tho)

But those damn legs, it a shame
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:57 AM   #83
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Earthrise Grapple for the second time... and he broke

One of the little pegs on the section where his head and the crane arm are would not come free from his leg (where it pegs in for vehicle mode). I was working on gently prying it out slowly when snap, peg broke right off.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:50 PM   #84
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Earthrise Grapple for the second time... and he broke

One of the little pegs on the section where his head and the crane arm are would not come free from his leg (where it pegs in for vehicle mode). I was working on gently prying it out slowly when snap, peg broke right off.
I've heard that is an issue and haven't opened mine yet. He was quite the shelfwarmer, not too late to pickup a second. Keep one in vehicle the other as robot. Yes they would just be figures and not, you know, actual transformers but hey.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:34 PM   #85
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

SS96 Grimlock a few days ago.

The left shoulder joint on mine is overly strong; it keeps taking the chest piece with it, as opposed to the buttery rotation of his right shoulder.

I think I need to disassemble the shoulders to compare springs (?) and even them out.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:18 PM   #86
VicRav
Machine War

Just transformed Huffer and Deep Cover. My most recent pickups.

Huffer looks great in bot mode. I like his transformation better than my 3rd party from MFT (there are some clearance issues). His transformation is also pretty smooth and intuitive, I didn't need to look at the instructions, which is not something I can always say on first transformations.

Deep Cover. I am a big fan of the Sideswipe / Red Alert mold. I like the look of both bot and vehicle modes and I enjoy the transformation. I avoided Tigertracks because I don't really feel an attachment to the character and the clear windows on yellow did not look good in my opinion. I didn't get the G2 sideswipe because I don't want Slamdance, if I found that 2 pack for $30 or less I would probably pick it up. Deep Cover at least gives me a black version of the mold, just with blue accents in stead of red. Transformation wise I was concerned I had an issue with my Deep Cover as I couldn't tab in one of the side door panels. It took some fiddling and examining to figure out that one of the legs mushroom pegs was not fully pegged in. Once that was adjusted everything lines up great.
VicRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:31 PM   #87
Powered Convoy

PotP Rodimus Prime...I'm trying to avoid getting Kingdom Rodimus

I enjoy TF: The Movie but can survive w/o seasons 3+4, so I don't really need a new Rodimus figure...those Kingdom renders look really cool though (PotP Rodimus is okay, but Kingdom Rodimus is super-sleek and seems very screen-accurate)
Powered Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:19 PM   #88
Tiffster
Classic

This guy. I love it. Massive and does the character justice. Reminds me of the scene in the movie right before he rips into Autobot city. They got better things to do tonight than die!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210413_190909.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	48907   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210413_194825.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	48909   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210413_195037.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	48910   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210413_195232.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	48911  

Last edited by Tiffster; 04-13-2021 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:13 PM   #89
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
This guy. I love it. Massive and does the character justice. Reminds me of the scene in the movie right before he rips into Autobot city. They got better things to do tonight than die!
Devastator and that Combiner Wars line brought so many of us older guys back into buying these toys again.

Great line, my favourite line from the film.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 09:29 PM   #90
The Nemesis
Alternator

CW Devastator was one of the things that brought me back in as well.

I transformed mine a few times when I got it, but I don't love some of the tabs that hold hook and long haul together to make the torso. I'm afraid that I'm going to break one of them pulling the bots apart so I generally don't.

I transformed ER Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker after getting them at TRU this afternoon.

Sunstreaker's transformation is neat in the same way that ER Wheeljack's is. The only bits I don't like are that the windshield/roof doesn't seem to line up perfectly with the rest of the surrounding parts in car mode and the side hinge/swingarm things that compact his lower legs onto his thighs are kind of stiff to disengage and transform, making me wary of breaking them.

Also he doesn't seem to do a great job of holding his "gun". It doesn't peg deeply into his hand and feels like it'll fall out at any moment.

Trailbreaker is decent. He feels kind of light for how hollow he is, but I like his vehicle mode and transformation better than Hoist because there's not all the fussing with the towing parts.

the only thing I really dislike is the large vehicle side panels that are welded to the backs of his upper arms. I'd have preferred if they swung more freely or if they folded up so that you didn't have these big dangly things hanging there if you try and extend his arms in an action pose.