Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-27-2020, 04:08 PM   #11
Brian12
Machine War
Re: Just bought a Sky Lynx with missing accessories...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
Omega Supreme and Jetfire are getting another production runs and given Sky Lynx is a more recent release i have a feeling it will be in production for a while man. Id take it back and just hold out.. those blast effects and stuff are awesome.
Yeah...you're probably right. Pandemic's made me think the quantities would be horribly low so I didn't wanna take any chances, if I see it I'm buying it! But they MIGHT have much more in the future, with EB Games sellin at the original 120 perhaps.

Playing around with it now however, it's really bittersweet cuz it's such an awesome figure and it's gonna suck to return it. Won't know how long it'll be til I can find one again, but patience is a virtue.

I'm gonna try and return it later, thanks for the help guys. (Imma just play around with it for now tho)
Brian12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:08 PM   #12
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Sinister View Post
Or contact Hasbro (in Quebec) about missing parts . Will need picture.
In my experience with Hasbro there is no guarantee you get the same figure back.

My rain maker set I had an issue with they sent me a rescue bot. Some titan returns I got star wars figures that were pretty much on clearance everywhere.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:17 PM   #13
Brian12
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
In my experience with Hasbro there is no guarantee you get the same figure back.

My rain maker set I had an issue with they sent me a rescue bot. Some titan returns I got star wars figures that were pretty much on clearance everywhere.

Well that just sounds horrible.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:22 PM   #14
cr3d1t
Beast Machine

For the two TF returns I've done with Hasbro, Legends CW Skywarp and TR Wolfwire, I got TFs back but not the same ones. And I can't for the life of me remember what I got back But I think they were ones I already had.

Last edited by cr3d1t; 08-27-2020 at 04:27 PM.
cr3d1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:20 PM   #15
neevnav
Masterpiece

I don't think I've heard of anyone getting the correct figure back from Hasbro.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:39 PM   #16
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Unless those accessories mean nothing to you, and you're willing to eat it. It's probably better that you return it. Or maybe if they give you a significant discount, and you're willing to live with an incomplete figure.

I know there's that want it now factor, but if you play the long game and wait, more often than not, you'll get better bang for your buck. You'll either find it later, maybe on sale, or something new and better will come out.

I mean, I missed out on the CW Sky Lynx. Couldn't bring myself to pay the premium prices on the secondary market, and then, suddenly they announce the commander class version.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:38 PM   #17
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I bet there haven't been too many of those returned to Woodbridge in the last week, I'm sure the Manager could check and see who returned it and trace them back through their Credit Card. Perhaps they cannot charge the Jerk, but the very least keep an eye on future returns from the suspect.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:05 PM   #18
Black Spidey Boy
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian12 View Post
I just got a Sky Lynx at Woodbridge TRU and got home and noticed...the tape has already been cut. Opened it up and noticed the weapon parts and blast effects were missing.

In my excitement I foolishly cut the strings holding the Lynx down, and the bird was already loose, did I just pay full price for a pre-owned copy? lol

From the reviews it seemed those blasters weren't the best accessories but still, I feel cheated. I paid the extra 10$ from them bumping it up too! Is there anyway I can return it now, or should I just suck it up and keep it? The figures themselves are fine at least, tho the bird's left wing is loose.
Unless you absolutely have to have Sky Lynx now and don't mind the missing accessories (which does not seem to be the case as you said you feel cheated, and rightly so), I'd recommend bringing it back with receipt and explaining the situation and asking for a refund.

There will probably be more opportunity to purchase this again in the coming weeks and months. Perhaps ask Manager or Sales Leader to see if they can keep an eye out for you for new stock of Sky Lynx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
Guessing someone bought it, pillaged it for parts and returned it.
That's most likely the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
You could always hold it for 30 days and see if you can find another one. I'm sure there will be lots more, it's just the initial release where everyone is buying them up.
If you wants to return it for a refund, I'd recommend doing so as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more dubious your case (missing accessories) would seem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Sinister View Post
Can you ask for a discount for an incomplete toy?
You could ask, but they're very unlikely to grant it. They will rarely mark products down by customer request because it encourages dishonest customers to damage products on purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
I bet there haven't been too many of those returned to Woodbridge in the last week, I'm sure the Manager could check and see who returned it and trace them back through their Credit Card. Perhaps they cannot charge the Jerk, but the very least keep an eye on future returns from the suspect.
Yes, they'd be able to check on their cameras.

Hope that helps, Brian12.
Black Spidey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:08 PM   #19
Brian12
Machine War

Alright, I returned it. I feel like ass since I still really enjoyed the figure but it just wasn't complete. They even offered a 30$ discount for the lack of accessories but I refused.

The clerk told me that it was definitely not pre-owned and that someone outright opened it up and stole the baggies in the store without being noticed. Which quite frankly peeves me even more.

I was so happy to get that space dragon earlier, someone just had to ruin that for me...I guess I got no choice now but to wait and hope he gets stocked more, which may or may not be for a while.

The Guy said that there's ZERO new copies of him in Ontario :/
Old 08-27-2020, 09:11 PM   #20
Brian12
Machine War

Tho I do feel crummy now, I still gotta say thanks again for the help guys. I'm just gonna hope that EB Games stocks him at some point, would be a much better price from them. If I do see a complete one at TRU I'm probably gonna get it at first sight tho.

Last edited by Brian12; 08-27-2020 at 09:14 PM.