Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-04-2021, 01:37 PM   #1831
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: ToysRUs.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Are there still people hunting or checking the site if Thrust or Runabout go back in stock?
People are checking the site in general for anything new. If they show up again, I am sure it will be written here.

However I will say this, both of those exclusives have been as available as the thundercracker/skywarp two pack in my province. So if we never see them again, it would be the same.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:20 PM   #1832
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Are there still people hunting or checking the site if Thrust or Runabout go back in stock?

I was told by both an in-store customer service person and an online CS rep that Thrust and Runabout were discontinued a couple weeks ago and won't be restocked. In the store I saw the screen for Runabout in the inventory management system with an "X" mark in a field that notes it is discontinued.

Of course TRU's trustworthiness is... iffy. But having seen it live and been corroborated twice I would lean towards not seeing it again unless Hasbro decides to do a second run later on.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:07 PM   #1833
ngnaw
Armada

So we can scalp Thrust to those who overpaid for Ramjet and Dirge set? LOL Or hold on until we get Ramjet and Dirge from Amazon? 1st world problems!
Old 04-04-2021, 06:43 PM   #1834
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Multiple times a day.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:09 PM   #1835
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

The irony that none of Thrust or Runabout in stock on the website yet when I was in Whitby TRU Thursday I had my pick of the litter of the Sunstreaker/Trailblazer/Fastrack/Runamuck wave from earlier in the line 8 boxes across each character had it’s own row twice and almost 6 or 7 figures deep. Even had 4 Snapdragons along with the usual shelfwarmers of late.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:32 AM   #1836
BeeTrain
Beasty

Spoke to a few store and .com folks today. Thrust and Runabout are discontinued and from what I was told, no further restocks are happening.

None of the Montreal-area stores have any left. I called every location that showed any inventory in the system.
BeeTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 03:50 PM   #1837
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
So we can scalp Thrust to those who overpaid for Ramjet and Dirge set? LOL Or hold on until we get Ramjet and Dirge from Amazon? 1st world problems!
Serious question here, is it still scalping if you are selling it after it's discontinued? And if it's you own personal copy? Because if the coneheads do get cancelled from Amazon, I will probably sell my Thrust for whatever market price is.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 03:53 PM   #1838
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Serious question here, is it still scalping if you are selling it after it's discontinued? And if it's you own personal copy? Because if the coneheads do get cancelled from Amazon, I will probably sell my Thrust for whatever market price is.
I think it's considered scalping only when you're purposely buying out stock from stores to purposely flip on the aftermarket. You bought Thrust because you originally wanted it. The demand has gone up and so has the price. That isn't scalping. Sell it for whatever the market price is.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:08 PM   #1839
Wheelwave
Cybertron

Yep, I can also confirm that I called 2 other Toysrus and both said Thrust and Runabout are discontinued. Even another Exclusive I was helping another friend look for is discontinued too.

I feel bad for those who didn't get them.

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:01 PM   #1840
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

Watch them become Asia exclusives down the line, like a lot of the netflix and Walmart's were.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote