Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-25-2021, 08:45 AM   #41
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Customs Duties?

Package FINALLY arrived Friday morning
When I picked up the box, I could hear things loosely rattling around inside!

It's a UniteWarriors boxset (secondhand because Mandarake), and the two plastic clamshells inside that "seal the goods" top & bottom? Were just open, with all figs loose and bouncing around inside

Everyone APPEARS to be fine, nothing obviously broken
But just a final sour footnote in a sordid tale - all my bitching previously was on DHL, think next time I order a UW set from Mandy I'll send special instructions "please ensure the interior plastic clamshells are affixed together to avoid loose figs in transit" etc
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:03 PM   #42
Digibasherx
Robot in Disguise

So DHL sent me an email to pay for my duties and fees but when I clicked on the payment link it says

"Our records indicate that delivery was refused by the receiver. Please contact customer Service for more information, if required.
Collect from Service Point is not available for your shipment at this time. Please contact customer service at redelivery.ca@dhl.com for more information."

I've been home all day and no one came to the door. Their records are pretty much whatever they want to put in them it seems.

Ugh, I really hate DHL.
Digibasherx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:34 PM   #43
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
So DHL sent me an email to pay for my duties and fees but when I clicked on the payment link it says

"Our records indicate that delivery was refused by the receiver. Please contact customer Service for more information, if required.
Collect from Service Point is not available for your shipment at this time. Please contact customer service at redelivery.ca@dhl.com for more information."

I've been home all day and no one came to the door. Their records are pretty much whatever they want to put in them it seems.

Ugh, I really hate DHL.
Yeah from my experience it seems to me like if the COD isn't paid, they won't deliver the item
But due to COVID, they also don't do "pay at the door" anymore, the (currently) only option is pay using their automated phone thing

What chuffs me slightly about that, is they delivered two notices to my door regardless
So what, they gonna drive all the way to my place (whether package is on truck or not), JUST to stick the paper on the door? "Hey pls pay your bill"

May as well just keep it at the courier depot until the COD is paid, why bother going out to the door?

Imagine being the courier dudes at the depot "gotta drive all the way out to (X) to leave a reminder on a dude's door to pay their fees"

Yes it's COVID and whatever, but you'd think if they're making the decision to cut (payment at the door), then maybe cut the (needless travel time to the customer's front door if they haven't paid COD)?
Like save the gas, man
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:15 PM   #44
Robbler
Machine War

I've ordered two different FF7R Play Arts directly from the Squeenix store on two occasions. They were both the same price, the first one came through DHL and I got hit with nearly $70 in duties. The second one came through USPS/Canada Post and I only got hit for $38. I don't know what the hell DHL was doing that made it so expensive, but I was not happy about that after seeing how much the second was in comparison.
Robbler is offline   Reply With Quote