Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-14-2017, 01:32 AM   #10111
Metallica_Unforgiven
Generation 1
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

On another note - I'll leave the links here for the Pop Culture Collectibles Fair at the Scottish Centre since it's next Saturday, April 22nd.

Facebook page (don't be afraid to click "Going" or "Interested"):

https://www.facebook.com/events/280630125692818/

Main page:

www.fun-promo.com

Someone sell me a nice Titans Return figure, and maybe I'll finally break the seal and begin collecting the line
Old 04-14-2017, 02:09 AM   #10112
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica_Unforgiven View Post
It's been really cool seeing everyone's thoughts on the TR line. I've been on the fence with it for a while as I'm not sure if I personally will have a long term attachment to the line like with G1 and MP figures.

I know during the CHUG era, I "settled" for a lot of designs I wasn't sold on, simply because I wanted every character that appeared in the G1 cartoon, and I sorta just plugged along on autopilot. Guess TR does have better designs so maybe it would feel different...
It totally does feel different. I liked the previous Classics/Universe/Generations figures and most of them are still in my collection, but they have never truly felt like proper updates of G1 characters until Titans Return, and to a lesser extent, Combiner Wars and later Generations. I mean, just look at Kup and Perceptor:

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...rceptor/37781/

Even if you prefer Kup's cartoon colors or the Takara remold, you have to admit that is an amazing homage to the original design. Even Hasbro Blurr, who a lot of people find lacking in detail, looks great next to his G1 self. And the line is almost entirely G1 homages.

I know some people object to every figure being a Headmaster, but I think it's a really cool way to integrate a line-wide gimmick that is itself an homage, and the different modes for the individual Titanmasters even allow for Targetmaster and Micromaster playability.

Between really great designs of well-loved or long-desired characters (a lot are update firsts), a well thought-out gimmick, and what feels like a big step in the right direction when it comes to quality and paint apps, I think HasTak have really knocked it out of the park with this line. Hands down, best (non-MP) line since Cybertron/Galaxy Force, and I like TR more because it features classic characters.

I used to be very selective with the figures I bought, but with this line I'm buying them left and right because most of them are just so good.

On another note, I love how IDW is basically building a TF multiverse with characters from all different generations, but that's a whole other topic!

Last edited by kirbenvost; 04-14-2017 at 02:16 AM.
kirbenvost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:33 AM   #10113
Metallica_Unforgiven
Generation 1

Wow, thanks for the comparison photos, kirbenvost.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:26 PM   #10114
Blitzwing
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica_Unforgiven View Post
I know during the CHUG era, I "settled" for a lot of designs I wasn't sold on, simply because I wanted every character that appeared in the G1 cartoon, and I sorta just plugged along on autopilot. Guess TR does have better designs so maybe it would feel different...
I have been doing this as well since the Classics debuted in 2006. One of my collection goals is to eventually have an updated version of every G1 character created. I still think we're years away from seeing the likes of Stranglehold or the Micromaster Transports, but a guy can dream. Honestly, if you asked me 5 years ago, I would have laughed at the idea that the Classics line would ever cover characters like Krok or Quake, yet here we are.

There have been some "fill-ins" that I picked up along the way and eventually replaced. Deluxe Galvatron is a great example, I don't think any of us were very happy with it, but at least there was a Classics Galvatron to put on the shelf. I'm much happier with the TR Voyager now. Then there are guys like Ultra Silverbolt and Onslaught, who I still keep in my collection despite owning the CW versions of the characters also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbenvost View Post
I know some people object to every figure being a Headmaster, but I think it's a really cool way to integrate a line-wide gimmick that is itself an homage, and the different modes for the individual Titanmasters even allow for Targetmaster and Micromaster playability.

On another note, I love how IDW is basically building a TF multiverse with characters from all different generations, but that's a whole other topic!
I fully agree with both of these points.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:40 PM   #10115
Metallica_Unforgiven
Generation 1

Wow, Blitzwing i almost forgot that classics debuted in 2006. But come to think of it i do remember picking up the whole first wave and being happy with it... transforming every figure and posing them for hours. Sad that a few short years later i forgot about them and eventually purged most of them to Metropolis Comics and Toys.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:41 PM   #10116
pandaprime
aficionado!

I'm glad Takara is doing Targetmaster Kup and Hot Rod.

Who thinks we will get the next TR wave (all size classes) in stores still or will the movie line be taking over?

Do we have to wait until the end of the year for Winners to stock the last wave??? grrrrrrr

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:02 PM   #10117
Blitzwing
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
I'm glad Takara is doing Targetmaster Kup and Hot Rod.

Who thinks we will get the next TR wave (all size classes) in stores still or will the movie line be taking over?

Do we have to wait until the end of the year for Winners to stock the last wave??? grrrrrrr
That's always a big fear for the end of every Generations line. I had to go to Emerald City Comicon just to get Generations Voyager Brainstorm, and I've still not seen a CW Skylynx for under $60.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:24 PM   #10118
CKWG
Masterpiece

I've never seen CW Skylynx on shelf anywhere period.
Almost every single Transformers line we ever had in Canada, the last few waves are ridiculously hard to find.
CKWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:43 PM   #10119
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I'm worried about that too, it's tempting to just preorder the upcoming TR figures despite the additional cost.

Glad I could turn your attention to those comparison shots, Metallica_Unforgiven!

I've spent the past couple days gearing up for next Saturday's Pop Culture Show at the Scottish Cultural Centre! Got a lot of good stuff I'll be selling for good prices, including:

-Fansproject Insecticons, Broadside and Chromedome
-Alternity Black Convoy
-Device Label Blaster
-Japanese RID (TAV)
-Various loose Generations and Bayverse figures
-Gundam
-Back To The Future Lego!
-Dreamwave & IDW TF comics

And more! All priced to move. Stop by my shared table with RocketGTR for lots of deals!

Last edited by kirbenvost; 04-16-2017 at 09:26 PM.
kirbenvost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:05 PM   #10120
CKWG
Masterpiece

Here are some pics of what I will bring for the Apr.22 Pop Culture Show. Mostly G1s, Reissues , Masterpieces and 3rd Party.
Plus I will bring some Classics scale items and Marvel Legends that is not shown in the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3898.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	36384   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3897.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	36385   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3896.jpg
Views:	187