Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 07-28-2007, 09:11 PM   #111
Batman
The Dark Knight
Re: Transformers Movie Review Thread (SPOILER WARNINGS)

Yay!!!! I've seen it 3 times now!!! So has the wife, and guess what? She actually likes it!
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:57 PM   #112
Nightbeat

Been to it 4 times now. It hits one of the cheap local theaters here soon as well. Hoping to check it out yet again for under 5 bucks this time around...

Despite some flaws, it really holds up well after repeated viewings I find. I liken it the original X-men movie in that there are some flaws, but alot of them are due to the fact they have to restart a franchise and make it accessible to new fans as well as try to keep the spirit of 20+ years of continuity. It's a difficult task to say the least.

Regardless, I'm greatly looking forward to the sequel, not to mention the flood of new toys/merchandise !
Nightbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:11 AM   #113
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

I saw it here in Japan yesterday night. It was entertaining enough, dumb as a bag of hammers, but flashy and the CGI was pretty amazing. I have been pretty "anti-movie" since seeing the first pics of the designs etc...but I walked out of the theater fairly satisfied. I sure wished they could have got the action rolling a little faster though...and FAR too many superfluous fleshlings wasting screen time. My favorite parts were the transformations and the "meet the Autobots" part where we really get a good look at them. Man I dunno why Bay was going for all the cheap laughs in every scene...I also wish the Transformers had more character...most 'Cons had one or two lines!!

Overall: 6.5 Out of 10. Decent start to a promising franchise.

Didn't make me wanna rush out and buy all the toys though...I'm sticking with Leader Prime and my 09 'Bee (and their Titanium counterparts) for now!

Last edited by Metrotitan; 08-14-2007 at 08:18 AM.
Metrotitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #114
Hound
Robot in Disguise

What I loved about the film was the way it brought back a sense of wonder and amazement to the transformers. There was a aura of mystery around them that wasn't immediately dispelled.

I do agree with others that they used too many human characters but the technical aspect of the movie was superb.

Update: now over $600 million worldwide with roughly half in North America and half elsewhere. Rather impressive if I do say so myself.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:11 PM   #115
Rodimus Jay

I have seen it 5 times and absolutely loved it. Just like Hound above me, it brought back to me that same sense of wonder amazement about Transformers and why I loved them so much as a child.

I may have been the only person in the theater who teared up when the Autobots met up in that back alley and all transformed for the first time together. (I got a little more choked up when Prime transformed for some strange reason) Of course my eyes popped open wider than they usually do when I see something I like, but the sight of BumbleBee as the new Camaro just blew me away. (I so want one)

In the end the film was worth the year long wait when I first heard of the film coming out and I can't wait for the DVD! : )
Rodimus Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:44 PM   #116
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I just watched it for the second time last tuesday and still I love it just the same if not more. I took my daughter to see it with me(after much deliberation because of her age) but she ended up loving it as well. Note to Mr. Bay-My daughter loved every scene that a Transformer was on screen and was board in the long stretches when they were not on screen.
Things I picked up on in my second veiwing were:
Starscream taking out both Ironhide and Ratchet while Megatron was chasing Sam.
Why in the Matrix would they make Jazz say"Whats cracklin bitches"?
I missed the Autobot symbol on the cloud first time around when Bumblebee signals the other Autobots with the "Bot Signal"(a play on bat signal, tee hee)
Can't wait for the DVD, but the novel will have to keep me happy until then.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #117
autobot_roundhouse

Awesome. Great movie, tons of action great humor from the autobots.

P.S. and Peter Cullen