Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #91
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I don’t know if it’s because we’re smaller over here or because we’ve got that stereotypical Canadian polite thing going but I’m struck by how civil - nay pleasant - this thread is. Can you imagine this thread over on TFW?

And all this despite people posting flagrant lies about Frenzy being red and Rumble being blue.
Totally agree.

Haha...You might have lit a fire with the cassette colour talk.

Congrats fellow members, we have made it to 10 pages with our respectful discourse on this thread.

Last edited by Collectingtoys; 10-23-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:18 AM   #92
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
And all this despite people posting flagrant lies about Frenzy being red and Rumble being blue.

I didnt want to be the one to bring that up..lol

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:35 AM   #93
Pascal
Banned

I called them both Frumble.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:52 PM   #94
Janitor
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I called them both Frumble.
Oh yeah? Well they're both Renzy to me!! Wanna fight??!?!

Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #95
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

I wonder if TT is going to release a toon accurate Rumble and Frenzy?
Old 10-23-2018, 01:35 PM   #96
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
I don’t know if it’s because we’re smaller over here or because we’ve got that stereotypical Canadian polite thing going but I’m struck by how civil - nay pleasant - this thread is. Can you imagine this thread over on TFW?

Well then, let me open that Pandora's box and unleash the uncivilness within. Grrrr. Grrrr. I declare that your mother wears army boots.

And Rumble is blue because he's sad that everyone thinks he's red. And Frenzy is red because he's mad that everyone thinks he's blue.

So there and ummm... up your nose with a rubber hose.

And good day sir. And sorry?
Old 10-23-2018, 03:22 PM   #97
BigWillay
Robot Master

Ok some really great posts in here that made me laugh quite a bit. Some very interesting points were made about alot of things. so I'm gonna try and keep this short.

- Combiner wars was a piss off, between trying to find limbs at decent prices, without giving into scalper prices, having to buy the 3p upgrade kits to make a bot look decent and how did it start off so well with Superion, and slowly tumble to the bruticus. Everything was a repaint with a new head and a little sculpting changes.

- TR took way to long to find what you were looking for, and then they make Brainstorm a Walgreens exclusive... all the figures were super hollow and cheapy.... this line was what did it for me and why I couldnt even start to look at the POTP stuff

Prices on any line of their toys, as well as the MP and 3p stuff is going up... mp dinobot as an example!! Im glad takara wants to give us a V3 prime... but hey.. how about a jazz or some of the other characters before prime. They certainly had no issue repainting/remolding the Lambor mold like 40 times... and the datsun mold about 10.. dont even get me started with the seeker mp mold.

I just dont feel bang for buck anymore... 70 bucks for a leader class figure is a hard pill to swallow... as an adult... can't imagine its any easier for those with kids. Not that 30 bucks for a marvel legend is much better but at least it poses well and has paint...

As for the people.. TFW is just brutal... everyone there thinks you should pay top dollar for their stuff.. but be prepared for the lowball express on stuff your selling, and oh yah.. isnt shipping included... lol. Here I've had alot of great interactions with people, not saying there haven't been some issues but i'd say 98% has been great and have made some friends in this hobby.

The last few lines have turned me off from the retail stuff and I now refuse to buy it. Too much money for too little product...

oh and my last gripe... is people not reading sales threads properly lol.
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #98
Zenith27
Woodward's G1 lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWillay View Post
Prices on any line of their toys, as well as the MP and 3p stuff is going up... mp dinobot as an example!! Im glad takara wants to give us a V3 prime... but hey.. how about a jazz or some of the other characters before prime. They certainly had no issue repainting/remolding the Lambor mold like 40 times... and the datsun mold about 10.. dont even get me started with the seeker mp mold.
Good news for you! (And me!)

Old 10-23-2018, 10:43 PM   #99
steamwhistle
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
And Rumble is blue because he's sad that everyone thinks he's red. And Frenzy is red because he's mad that everyone thinks he's blue.
Retcon, at its finest. I like this line of thinking on this non-issue.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:45 AM   #100
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Frumble and Renzy...hilarious!

I didn't know that an entire article on TFWiki is dedicated to this, traces it all the way back to the original Usenet Newsgroups! Who remembers those?!?

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/FIRRIB
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote