Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #11
Fusion
Generation 2
Re: Anyone play ROTF Game yet?

I have the game for 360. It's alright, not exactly the greatest but, probably still the best TF game ever made. I've already finished it. It's a little to short for a 360 game.

Still pretty cool over all though.
Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #12
JSon
Robo Warrior

I absolutely love it. Campaign is a little short, but you do have both factions. Online is where it really shines. It is just too much fun flying over the buildings as Starscream shooting missiles at autbots then lading next to them firing off some rounds and taking off in jet mode before they know whats going on. I've been playing a little multilayer every night. It may be too much fun.
JSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #13
optimusprimus

got the PC version today...now i just need to get through 5 more hours of work..

http://tf2cards.ca/track/refer/kqsd8myo86 --
optimusprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #14
Double_Flush

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSon View Post
I absolutely love it. Campaign is a little short, but you do have both factions. Online is where it really shines. It is just too much fun flying over the buildings as Starscream shooting missiles at autbots then lading next to them firing off some rounds and taking off in jet mode before they know whats going on. I've been playing a little multilayer every night. It may be too much fun.

Are there enough people online to play mulit? Herd one person above mention he had to wait forever to get a game?
I saw the online vids of multi and it looked absolutely awesome.

Probably trade in Assassins Creed and Halo 3 to help pay for this then. And yes I said Halo 3, I know OMG, no he didn't!

http://tf2cards.ca/track/refer/9ii56tktjj PLEASE REGISTER FOR FREE AND HELP ME EARN POINTS FOR COLLECTABLES
Double_Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #15
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

The game kind of has the same issue as the movie when asking 'how is it?': are we going to look at it with a critical objective standard/opinion as a video game or are we going to say we love it based mainly on the fact that it's transformers and overlook any negative elements?

I have heard it's pretty much in the same boat as the first game, which is 6/10 ish sort of quality. So not very good. If the fact that it has TFs in it still makes it have appeal, then it's a perfect rental rather than purchase game.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #16
Razorwing
Robot in Disguise

I dunno graphics looks bland so I didn't pick it up. Might pick it up later at the bargain bin.

ROTF Owned: LDR Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Soundwave, Rampage, RH Prime&Blackout, RH Bumlebee&Longhaul, LGD Prime, LGD Jetfire, Knockout,Ransack,Breakaway, DepthCharge,Skids, Mixmaster, HA Bee, Scapel, LDR Jetfire, Ravage, Mudflap, Ice Cream Twins, and Jolt.
Razorwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #17
montague78

I've been playing the 360 version since the movie came out. Its fun!! i appreciate the Team upgrades you can do. I also like how each character has his own special ability.
I havent tried online yet.
And it's too bad can't just stay idle in car mode and then just bust out in robot like in the 1st game.

Fav characters to play as:
Prime, BB, Sidways & SS.

Like JSon said it's fun being SS, flying in close in jet mode, transform in robot and hover, fire a load of missles and then transform back to jet and take off!!

OH S**T!!
montague78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #18
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

How much was the 360/ps3 version? I scored the PC version for $34 @ Walmart.

So far its allright, was looking for players but it was late by the time it finished installing. Plus MP options seems limited till you open up a few levels in the campaign.
________
Buy Vaporizer

Last edited by racerguy76; 02-17-2011 at 01:00 PM.
racerguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:02 AM   #19
onecoin
Banned

Rented it, played it for an total hour, returned it a week later.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #20
Double_Flush

I bought it this weekend. And if you're a fan of Transformers you will enjoy it. It's fun as hell to drive and fly around transforming at will and just romping around in the open environments. But I played it all weekend and traded it back in for a $45.00 buy back. It was a good game but not something I want to keep around. The online was fun but needs a lot of improvement.
Some things I didn't like were how every mission was a race. I couldn't just explore the maps, everything was timed or the faster you did it the better score u got. The game is short enough that making ever mission rushed makes the game even shorter.
I didn't like how on most levels I was restricted to which bot I could use. Sometimes the options were only one sometimes two or three. Upgrades were cool, specialties and weapons were awesome. All in all for a movie game, it was better than expected, all the same V/O people and real actor voices.
Side note. Megan Fox sounds even dumber in video games than in movies. I didn't think it was possible but was proven wrong this weekend.

http://tf2cards.com TRANSFORMERS COLLECTIBLE TRADING GAME

Last edited by Double_Flush; 06-29-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Double_Flush is offline   Reply With Quote