Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #221
joshimus
Metroplex
Re: !!!SPOILERS - TF4 AOE Movie Discussion - SPOILERS!!!

I'm actually sick of the whole "Michael Bay is Racist" remarks in general. ANY other movie does something like that, it's acceptable. A Robot does it, it's racist.

Drift was following a culture he seemed to admire, like Jazz in TF1, whom again is the black guy because he is voiced by a black actor even though Jazz is technically NOT black, he's a friggen ROBOT!! There is no reason why Drift CAN'T take on a Samurai mentality. How are robots gonna be different if they are all..well...robot and no personality?! I saw nothing wrong with Drift nor him using Sensai for Prime. Nor the fact that the one Chinese guy seems to know Kung Fu and defends what's her name and what's his name. So, he's NOT allowed to know how to fight now? I mean, why can't he? Does this mean every Chinese martial arts movie is racist? I mean, they can do it, so why is it not plausable that some guy in a sketchy area hasn't taught himself, or was taught, how to fight?!

Honestly, the nitpicking is pretty extreme when so many other movies do no differently. I mean, WHAT THE F*** was Joker doing after Batman jumped out the window to save Rachel?!! Did he just go home? Did he hang out and have a few drinks? Did he play poker? Oh, who cares, it's a perfect film so we can excuse this WTF moment!! lol
Or you can just say what Joker says "Why so serious?!"
It's a movie. It aint perfect, never gonna be. It does seem that Bay gets targeted for "issues" that other movies are allowed to have dismissed.
Like it, hate it, whatever.

As for Tessa, she's still 17, so short shorts will happen, get over it. If you are looking at HER as jailbait, that's YOUR issue. I don't disagree the butt shot really has no reason to be there. I'm also not dreaming about getting into her short shorts, so if that's what people who are complaining about Tessa see, maybe they need the therapist!

Last edited by joshimus; 07-02-2014 at 07:56 PM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:04 PM   #222
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Yes, the yellow face was really a joke; It's clearly meant to be gold. And how fucking dumb is this chick to not even verify if the actor was of Asian decent before playing the race card.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #223
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I mean, WHAT THE F*** was Joker doing after Batman jumped out the window to save Rachel?!! Did he just go home? Did he hang out and have a few drinks? Did he play poker? Oh, who cares, it's a perfect film so we can excuse this WTF moment!! lol
Or you can just say what Joker says "Why so serious?!"
It's a movie. It aint perfect, never gonna be. It does seem that Bay gets targeted for "issues" that other movies are allowed to have dismissed.
Like it, hate it, whatever.
well, this would answer your question.
http://youtu.be/seBpXt8_6xs?t=44s
Old 07-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #224
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Before I went to the movie, all people were talking about was Tessa. How hot she is, how many shots of her there was, especially in 3D. And I don't know if it's because I'm female but I barely noticed. I left it trying to figure out what in the universe people were talking about.

Also in the artwork Drift had a grey face. I don't know why they did it yellow/gold in the movie. But they really overshined it in the 3D I fine, it made it really hard to take him seriously when in close up shots.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #225
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Why did they print up a playing card of ironhide with an "X" over him if he was dead before the autobots became enemies and was never wanted?

Those playing card decks are supposed to be a way for people to become familiar with wanted targets. Starting off with surplus targets that are Xed out is just going to confuse people.

Plus, there's not that many of them that you have to create a deck of cards to distinguish them...is there?

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:57 PM   #226
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
well, this would answer your question.
http://youtu.be/seBpXt8_6xs?t=44s
I've seen that before lol. Love their work. Still really doesn't answer the question, but might as well be the right answer. Still, The Dark Knights NON-FLAWLESS issues aside, as well as the trilogy, I can still enjoy it, much like how I enjoy the TF Franchise.
I honestly think people are specifically looking for things that they can ignore in other movies. To be fair though, perhaps they just enjoy those other movies more overall. To me, I see no difference. To each their own.

On the Tessa thing, I have no idea what the big deal is about or why this lady in the article is complaining about her shoes. Well, maybe because they suddenly stopped their lives and went on the run and didn't really have time to, you know, accessorize...or it's just a movie. Also, Tessa, for a 17 year old, was dressing her age. Some girls dress casual, some go goth, so go slutty, so go nerdy, lots of different types kids experiment with to find themselves. Her short shorts are nothing more than a young girl wearing short shorts. Happens in real life highschool ALL the time, any highschool movie, any cheerleader movie, any woman using sex to manipulate a man, it's all been done LONG before Tessa was filmed. This is nothing new, nor groundbreaking yet somehow offensive if Bay has his name attached to it. I don't care for Bay either, he is an arrogant douche, but I like the movies and I think this whole attack him when others do it but don't yell at others for doing it is mind boggling and illogical. You can hate the man all you want, but do it fairly.

The odd thing is, the perverted people and racist people are the ones looking for it. People who just see a girl whom is dressing her age or robots that take on personalities they seem to enjoy, is nothing more than that. Jazz wasn't black, Drift isn't Asian, Wreckers were just assholes, Mudflap and Skids are punk kids, they are just robots adopting a personality that they seem to enjoy. Nothing more.
Doesn't mean you'll like those characters, but it also doesn't mean they were meant to be racist either.

It would be like watching Jurassic Park and saying Raptors hate black people because they ate Sam Jackson or Dilophosaurus only eats fat people or the only survivours are white therefore the park is racist. That's just insane!!
Old 07-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #227
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
Before I went to the movie, all people were talking about was Tessa. How hot she is, how many shots of her there was, especially in 3D. And I don't know if it's because I'm female but I barely noticed. I left it trying to figure out what in the universe people were talking about.

Also in the artwork Drift had a grey face. I don't know why they did it yellow/gold in the movie. But they really overshined it in the 3D I fine, it made it really hard to take him seriously when in close up shots.

I felt that Tessa was a lot less... sexualized then both Megan and Rosie and I truly felt that, except for the first scene, she played the part of a teenage daughter fairly well.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #228
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Yeah, she really wasn't sexualized to the same extent that the female leads in the other films were. I was fine with it.

And clearly Drift was no Skids/Mudflap. Whoever said that is just looking for an excuse to stir up trouble

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:09 PM   #229
joshimus
Metroplex

Even Mudflap and Skids, while horrible stereotypes, that whole thing was overblown. "That's old school Cybertronian" "We don't do much reading".
I don't know about you guys, but my dead languages are a little rusty. Wheelie even says it's the "Language of the Primes" which is probably why Bee and the Twins can't read it, but because of the stereotype, they just apparently can't read...even though Sam is asking them to read essentially a dead language, or one Cybertronians may not have taught for centuries. People just hear "Gangsta voices, can't read, racism". I dunno. I hated the twins too, but I still think the "racist" card is far overblown, especially when plenty of other movies are just as bad with certain characters...but they don't have Bay's name on the credits, so it's ok.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:15 PM   #230
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Why did they print up a playing card of ironhide with an "X" over him if he was dead before the autobots became enemies and was never wanted?

Those playing card decks are supposed to be a way for people to become familiar with wanted targets. Starting off with surplus targets that are Xed out is just going to confuse people.

Plus, there's not that many of them that you have to create a deck of cards to distinguish them...is there?
I would assume more Autobots came to Earth between DOTM and AOE. And also were slaughtered.

also what if this whole racist thing was America complaining the characters weren' white washed enough?

Also.... Does anyone know if this movie is getting a written novel like the other 3 did?

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote