Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-04-2014, 04:53 PM   #11
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ
Re: What is wrong with A&E??

I haven't had cable since the mid-80's. We only ever had it when they would offer free trials for a month and they would forget to shut it off

I currently just get HD off the airwaves and watch shows streamed.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #12
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I'm on the verge of giving up cable and just moving to Netflix.

A&E? The E fell out that channel for me a long time ago. And the 'A' doesn't stand for Art.

Duck Dynasty? That's one of the biggest shams going right now. Take a look at what the "stars" looked like before the show.

http://www.out.com/entertainment/pop...k-dynasty-clan

No beards etc. And the undeserved support that guy received for his bigoted and ignorant views, I'm disgusted that show is even still on. But money talks and bullsh!t walks.

Discovery, not much to discover there any longer, but ton of crazy pseudo science that isn't even remotely entertaining. I like me a good conspiracy theory, but gosh, at least try to make it sound plausible.

History is well... history as in past tense.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #13
Janitor
Classic

For me A&E (yeah, neither Artsy nor Entertaining in any way) ceased to exist a decade ago as well. This was led by two things IMO:
1) Losing the rights to Law & Order, which ran like 5 times a day. It was great, I had an awesome time catching up on the entires series that way.
2) Airline. Don't know if that actually was their first "reality" "show", but seeing the commercials for it definitely stood out to me in a "WTF?!" sort of way. A watershed moment that definitely signalled the beginning of the end.

And don't get me started on TLC [Jon & Kate ruined everythinggggggg...]
Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:46 PM   #14
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
Like the title says, I am seriously beginning to wonder if A&E is on a self destruct mission or something? What I'm upset about is that they seem to cancel or threaten to cancel their top shows. Last summer they had a pretty good cop drama called The Glades. It ended with a cliff hanger with the main character shot and his bride to be waiting at the alter. I was eagerly awaiting its summer return and found out a few weeks ago that A&E had cancelled it!

Then we had the problems with Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson's personal views, and again A&E threatened to cancel the show or at least remove Phil from the show, but the rest of the family rallied behind Phil and everything seems to have quieted down and back to business as usual.

Now the latest casuality of A&E is another cop drama called Longmire. It has been pegged as a modern western and was a very interesting show and also this season wrapped up a lot of loose ends but it did end with a cliff hanger ending with a lone gunshot and black screen. Come to find out that this show as well as The Glades were there #2 shows behind Duck Dynasty and both have now been canceled! They seem to be shifting to an all reality schedual and getting away from the traditional script shows.
I really liked The Glades and my mom watches Longmire.
Whatcha gonna do?! Just make up your own finale.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #15
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

So, sure you could cancel your cable, but the problem is that we as consumers are going to be eventually forced to buy 4-5 "streaming" subscriptions to get to see all the content that we get on normal cable. Netflix used to be great, but by the time Canadian Netflix hit, they were already loosing content to Hulu plus. Since then Shaw, Amazon AND HBO have started streaming services all with a separate fee and different programing.

Couple that with DATA caps on your internet service, you will eventually paying the same, if not more, to get the same programing that we enjoyed 5 years ago; and the content still sucks.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote