Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus
Cybertron System

I've been playing around with an odd simulator.

Universe Sandbox - http://universesandbox.com/

I've been trying to create the Cybertronian Solar System. I started with the Marvel version. Alpha Centauri. It includeds Alpha Centauri A and B with Cybertron and it's three moons orbiting A and Charr orbiting B. That is as much information as I can find.

The stars themselves are accurate representations of distance and orbit times and the planets have been placed in optimum orbits to each of their respective stars as to not interfere with each other and to substain water. This can account for Cybertrons breathable atmosphere.

Are there any other planets in the system? I'm still trying to figure out to to put Unicrons head in obit around Cybertron as well.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
Optimus73
Generation 2
Re: Cybertron System

I LOVE this, and how easily it can fill up..!
Try to include Lithone ( R.I.P. ), Nebulous, Junkion, Quintessa, Planet Dread, heck, even Gobotron, too!
Optimus73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus73 View Post
I LOVE this, and how easily it can fill up..!
Try to include Lithone ( R.I.P. ), Nebulous, Junkion, Quintessa, Planet Dread, heck, even Gobotron, too!
Don't forget Paradon, Eurythma, Delta Pavonis IV, Goo_8739B, and Floron III!

Err...or maybe all on this link:
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Category:Generation_1_planets

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

There are actually 3 stars in the Centauri system; Centauri A, Centauri B, and Proxima Centauri.

As you can see here Proxima is considerably smaller than it's companions, and even our sun. I think it would be a suitable location for a dead world like Charr.

As far as TF planets go, also don't forget Athenia, as it becomes the TF home base after Cybertron is destroyed in Headmasters.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

Thanks for the info guys.

I know there is a third start in the Alpha Centauri group, but I'm having trouble getting it to orbit in it's proper place. It's about a tenth the size of our sun and about 40 times as dense. It orbits about 15000 AU(+ or - 700 AU) away from the A and B. I originally had Charr orbiting it, but it seem to wander off into space after a few hundred years. It may be a limitation of the software or(more likely) me not having the setting correct.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerguy76 View Post
Thanks for the info guys.

I know there is a third start in the Alpha Centauri group, but I'm having trouble getting it to orbit in it's proper place. It's about a tenth the size of our sun and about 40 times as dense. It orbits about 15000 AU(+ or - 700 AU) away from the A and B. I originally had Charr orbiting it, but it seem to wander off into space after a few hundred years. It may be a limitation of the software or(more likely) me not having the setting correct.

Sounds like that's about perfect for Charr, giving it a real reason to be not only a dead world, but also fairly desolate.

But this brings up something interesting, I thought that Charr, Quintessa, Goo, Junkion, Lithone, Nebulos, etc. were in distant star systems from each other.

Any chance you could feed in what Cybertron would do to our star system if it suddenly appeared near Earth's orbit?
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #7
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

It is perfect for Charr, a little star with not much energy and so far away from the inner system. I think Charr is in the same system as Cybertron, but the rest of the G1 planets are all in diffrent star systems.

Alpha Centauri is the closest star to the sun. I think they(tfwiki) said average travel time for Jetfire and Starscream seemed to be a 1/2 day with is a distance of about 4.5 light years. That and space bridge technology would make stars even 100 light years aways quite accesible. Non of the material I have read about the planets suggest a star name or how long it took to travel to those planets.

I have tried placing Cybertron in orbit around Earth and I am still experimenting with that. I made it about 9x the size of the moon(diam 6886kms) and gave it an orbital period of 7 days(about 1/2 the distance to the moon). Within two moon orbits(aprox 2 months) the moon had smashed into it. The glob of names to the right is Saturn and it's moons.

I currently have it placed at the same distance away as the moon and it has thrown the moon out quite a bit. Within 9 months the moons orbit is at a distance of 1.06AU and takes just over a year to orbit the Sun. Yup within six more months it's orbit has been taking over by the sun and Earth has left it far behind.

Either way it would seem that the moon would be the biggest loss, not to mention what having an object 10 times the size of the moon in orbit would do to tides and techtonic movment here on Earth. I can't imagine many satalites would survive either.

Last edited by racerguy76; 06-12-2011 at 11:53 PM.
racerguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #8
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

I've managed to add the third star and more Charr to that location. I've also added the Sun and Earth to the map. Now to find a few other close star and add them. After that i can add planets to the stoars and hopefully have a map of the marvel/G1 universe.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #9
Protoman
The Legend

So............

we talking which Cybertron continuity? Cause I can give you the FULL LOWDOWN on planets. We talking J-TF G1 Cartoon?
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #10
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

I've been working under the G1/Marvel continuity. They seem(at least to me) closley related in where events happened, and this era seem to be document the most.

The problem isn't really knowing planet names or what happened on them. The list that Bruticus82 supplied does a great job of that. It's to find out how far from Cybertron the planet is. Are all the planets in the same system or do they orbit diffrent star entirely? Do any of the planets make refrence to thier star?

I'm really trying to put the transfomers universe into a star map that matches actual stars. Here is a list of the closest stars to our sun. Recognize any names, or was Cybertron the only planet in which they named thier sun?

http://www.closeststars.com/

And I thought this would be an easy project.