Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #1111
Woodlm
Generation 2
Re: A cool Value Village find ! ^_^

Found energon Dark Scorponok for 3.99! No cyber key.
Woodlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #1112
shockwave555
Smart Guy

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOUR SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO LUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR HIM FOR 3 YEARS BLARRG
shockwave555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #1113
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
Got this sweet haul for $5 at VV. I'm not a huge Gundam fan, but the super deformed gashapon figures are pretty sweet. I loves me some M.U.S.C.L.E. too. And yes, I realize there's only one Transformer in the whole photo, but you can just DEAL WITH IT!

MEDABOT JEALOUSY!
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #1114
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I noticed a rather disturbing trend of late at the VV I occasionally check out.

Instead of great deals, someone there has decided they're a Comic/Hobby Shop with their pricings. All of the Vintage He-Man/She-Ra figures are now in individual bags, with no accessories, for 9.99$ a piece. I saw Grizzlor, Battle Armor Skeletor (Or whatever the name is for the flipping chest Skeletor gimmick), Leech and several others all for the price of a MOSC Action Figure just next door at TRU.

What's up with that? Crummy pricing jerks.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #1115
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
What's up with that? Crummy pricing jerks.
I talked with a store employee once, and she said that pricing can be highly dependent on the manager. God help you if your manager has a little knowledge and big price signs in his/her eyes, but it can work both ways.

One local store has cheap TFs, but every single Atari 2600 cartridge, no matter the condition or commonality, is $7.99 and up, which is ridiculous. Another local store has the same items with boxes and instructions for less.

The Guelph store went through a phase where every non-current TF was suddenly a collectible. There was a whole toy section in the glass cases at the front of the store. Things with broken or missing parts or in terrible condition were priced sometimes as high as $25. The sad thing is that complete and pristine figures could be found on eBay for less.

As you can expect, sales were slow. Over time, most of the things got moved from the cases to the pegs and then discounted as they still didn't sell. I stopped going, since prices were still on the high side.

The store where I had the chat with the employee worked the other way. Their policy had been to charge $50 for a bag of Legos, but with the new manager, the price became $15-20.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #1116
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagagalvatron View Post
I talked with a store employee once, and she said that pricing can be highly dependent on the manager. God help you if your manager has a little knowledge and big price signs in his/her eyes, but it can work both ways.

One local store has cheap TFs, but every single Atari 2600 cartridge, no matter the condition or commonality, is $7.99 and up, which is ridiculous. Another local store has the same items with boxes and instructions for less.

The Guelph store went through a phase where every non-current TF was suddenly a collectible. There was a whole toy section in the glass cases at the front of the store. Things with broken or missing parts or in terrible condition were priced sometimes as high as $25. The sad thing is that complete and pristine figures could be found on eBay for less.

As you can expect, sales were slow. Over time, most of the things got moved from the cases to the pegs and then discounted as they still didn't sell. I stopped going, since prices were still on the high side.

The store where I had the chat with the employee worked the other way. Their policy had been to charge $50 for a bag of Legos, but with the new manager, the price became $15-20.
Sounds to me like these Managers have forgotten what the name of their Store's Chain is called. Hello people, it's Value Village not Gouger's Corner.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #1117
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Sounds to me like these Managers have forgotten what the name of their Store's Chain is called. Hello people, it's Value Village not Gouger's Corner.
Yeah... unfortunately they're still a for-profit business. Part of their schtick is low-low prices but it's still like every other business, make the most you can.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #1118
juxtapose519
Robot Master

I've noticed that Transformers are usually among the hardest hit, too. The little old lady pricing the He-Man or G.I. Joe figures might not know the difference and price them as generic action figures. But if it transforms, it's a Transformer, and is therefore gold.

That's why the dollar store knockoff of a knockoff is in the $5.99 bag by himself.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #1119
shockwave555
Smart Guy

umm anyone in calgary know which value village is best to go to
shockwave555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #1120
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
I've noticed that Transformers are usually among the hardest hit, too. The little old lady pricing the He-Man or G.I. Joe figures might not know the difference and price them as generic action figures. But if it transforms, it's a Transformer, and is therefore gold.

That's why the dollar store knockoff of a knockoff is in the $5.99 bag by himself.
Regent VV in Winnipeg has like 15 Vintage MOTU figures stripped of everything for $9.99 each.

They have been there for over a month now.

It pretty much varies from one pricer to the next.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote