Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-26-2007, 11:22 AM   #21
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Rant time - Fewer people shipping to Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by agesthreeandup View Post
I kind of figure it is a thing that when Canada Post does not 'make enough' in a day they just open a few parcels and charge the $5 fee to make up for the days losses.

Spencer - wishes I could charge a random fee to make up for crappy sales days.
The part of this that pisses me off is that they have never actually OPENED any of my packages. Just charge me the $5 to pick up the box and move it across the table.

And I agree... I'm now going to start charging random fees to make up for the slow days!
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #22
Phy
Machine War

I'll take a Canada Post $5 charge over UPS' $40 charge to do the exact same thing. Not that the CP version isn't a pain in the ass as well.
Phy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:45 PM   #23
-KG-
Kranix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Depending on the seller, they can mark the item as a gift and declare the value as 20 bucks. It will come quicker and you will not have to pay the custom charges.

This could affect the insurance if any, but depending on the item it may be cheaper for you in the long run.

As a side note I have never had a seller who would not send to Canada. They may say so, but just ask the question and they will usually say yes...
I just got an item that I requested be marked as a gift and it was... and I still got charged $25...
-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:03 PM   #24
Covain
Beasty

If it was marked as a gift you can send the customs slip back to the post office and get a refund as long as it was under $60 Canadian in value.
Covain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:49 PM   #25
Mega_Zarak
Generation 2

Some sellers will refuse to declare the value as low as 20$. Anyways, I prefer paying customs fees than taking the risk of loosing a vintage item. If your item ever gets lost and if you purchased insurance you will only be covered for 20$. For me it's a high risk I'm not always willing to take.
Mega_Zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #26
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Dudes it gets worse. Because of Canada Post shipping types items I sell and ship cost more to send to certain places in Canada then US or International.

For example, if I want to send a small parcel from ON to BC, its costs me a minimum of $14. But to send the same parcel to the US its like $7 and International it only costs $9. Crazy!!!

But of course the Canadian item has tracking. The others DO NOT. But still.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:24 PM   #27
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
Dudes it gets worse. Because of Canada Post shipping types items I sell and ship cost more to send to certain places in Canada then US or International.

For example, if I want to send a small parcel from ON to BC, its costs me a minimum of $14. But to send the same parcel to the US its like $7 and International it only costs $9. Crazy!!!

But of course the Canadian item has tracking. The others DO NOT. But still.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean here. Plus shipping cost of the same place/same weight can cost different amounts, depending on who serves you and other random things.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:54 PM   #28
devilsknight
Banned

I've had two times that seller's in the US have pissed me off...once was when i bought a complete G1 Sludge off eBay for $35 shipped...which was all fine and dandy until I went to pickup the item and they informed me of a customs fee of $40 Canadian...i'm like wtf...i check the declared value he marked it as $150US...i sent back the package right there, and never got my money back from that scam artist...

then today...i won a Sixshot on eBay and asked him the usual song of marking it as a gift and lowering it's declared value to $20US...and here's the reply i got from him...almost fell off my chair in confusion figuring out wtf this had to do with my request.

Quote:
I am sorry but I won't confirm in writing that I am willing to do that. I think that would be foolish. It is nothing personal but you have to understand that I am a registered sole prop. of a business here in NJ
and that I pay income taxes on the profit I make on ebay and collect NJ sales tax. If you are an individual and sell a couple things on ebay I am sure it is no big deal but I make my living at this and will probably be having between 1000-2000 auctions this year...
Someone PLEASE tell me what the hell that has to do with what i asked ?!

ARGH !!!!
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:07 AM   #29
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknight View Post
I've had two times that seller's in the US have pissed me off...once was when i bought a complete G1 Sludge off eBay for $35 shipped...which was all fine and dandy until I went to pickup the item and they informed me of a customs fee of $40 Canadian...i'm like wtf...i check the declared value he marked it as $150US...i sent back the package right there, and never got my money back from that scam artist...

then today...i won a Sixshot on eBay and asked him the usual song of marking it as a gift and lowering it's declared value to $20US...and here's the reply i got from him...almost fell off my chair in confusion figuring out wtf this had to do with my request.

Someone PLEASE tell me what the hell that has to do with what i asked ?!

ARGH !!!!
i think seller is putting down the retail price, not the winning bid price. you could have gotten the some money back on #1 from Canada Custom by providing proof of ebay purchase. a bit more hassle,

for #2, save some money is all good, I've asked seller to do the same before, but at the same time, seller has the right to refuse to go along with this, since you are asking him to lie to Custom which is a government agency after all, why take the risk at all.

Last edited by nuropa; 05-29-2007 at 12:09 AM.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:10 AM   #30
devilsknight
Banned

yah i understand that...but what does it have to do with his business and effecting his profits ?!
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote