Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-24-2015, 01:37 AM   #1
CanBot
Cybertron
Marvel TF Comic omnibus?

Did they ever reprint the original Marvel TF comic books into those large volumes, spanning the original print run? Doing some Googlin' and not turning up with much...
Old 06-24-2015, 07:35 AM   #2
python
Alternator
Re: Marvel TF Comic omnibus?

Go to Indigo/Chapters and type in "transformers classics" in books.

Be careful not to order the ereader version
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:37 AM   #3
tfb2001
Generation 1

Check out the transformers classics volumes on amazon. They also have marvel UK volumes as well.
tfb2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:09 PM   #4
big dawg
Energon

Picked up the whole series in ebook format in one of those "pay what you want" deals last year for like two bucks. I think it was from idw (it was the marvel issues though- the idw collections you had to beat the average donation by a certain amount).
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:12 PM   #5
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Transformers_Classics

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:58 PM   #6
Evan
Nexus Maximus

Everyone seems to be in agreement that The Classics Vol 1-8 are your best bet. I believe IDW had previously printed these under an Omnibus title, but those did not include issues that featured other Marvel characters such as Spider-Man. For legal issues, those issues were omitted. So stick with the Classics printings.

I am also under the impression that the digital copies (or maybe just Comixolgy) don't include the issues featuring other Marvel characters, but I have never actually seen them myself to know for sure.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:04 AM   #7
CanBot
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by python View Post
Go to Indigo/Chapters and type in "transformers classics" in books.

Be careful not to order the ereader version
Thanks for the advice, guys. I use Indigo all the time, but couldn't find stuff other than the modern IDW books which didn't really grab me. I just want to re-experience the Marvel stuff, and not have it altered in any way. The cartoon and the comic were quite a bit thing back in the day for us, but I never kept up with the comic. I went to the wiki and saw a bunch of cover art and totally could remember each one I had from back then.

Do these collections contain the 86 movie translation? That would be awesome. That's how I first experienced the movie; that comic. But I never got the third one, so I never saw how it ended until I watched the movie in the early 90s...but at that point, I didn't care that much. Too many other things going on. I care now, though!...even though in many ways I still have too many other things going on.

Thanks again!
Old 06-26-2015, 04:04 AM   #8
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Yep! Volume 7 has the headmasters mini and the movie adaptation. Volume 8 has the universe entries and the marvel gi Joe vs TF mini.

I bought the first run of classic transformers trades idw did. At the time, marvel did not give permission for idw to reprint the issues with spider-man and circuit breaker. They were replaced with written summaries. Fortunately idw was able to release the later issues unaltered. The current transformers classics series is the second time idw has reprinted the marvel books, and I believe every issue is there including the spiderman one.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote