Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Oberon Prime
Beasty
Need weight of Energon Omega Supreme, Help!

Hello All,

Just recently signed up on Shelflife and I am getting ready to post my first few items for sale. But it needs me to provide shipping options and amount. As most of the items would fit in a padded envelope and are Scout Deluxe or Voyager I can assume weights for most. However one item is a problem.

I have a complete loose Energon Omega Supreme I'd like to post but I have no idea what it weighs (aside from a lot more than the other items) and as such how much shipping will cost for domestic or to the US.

Does anybody know the weight of a loose one of these or has one and the means to weigh it?

Any help would be appreciated.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Last edited by Oberon Prime; 10-11-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions
Re: Getting ready to post a sale on Shelflife, need help.

Thats the only reason why i havent sold anything on shelflife yet. I have no clue how much stuff weights or how much to charge.

I feel your pain

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Keeps us posted how you make out. I only have one thing posted, and working out shipping was a nightmare. I made liberal guesses in my favor. And have had no interest in it. It's going to take a large box to ship it, so I'm not too surprised.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
wedge1021
Energon

Well you could always pack it in a box like you would if you were shipping it, take it to the post office, and get them to weigh it for you. Then either get them to give you the shipping quote options on a printout, or just make a note of the weight and use their online calculator.

I got tired of doing it this way myself, and since I recently posted a bunch of stuff for sale, thought it would be a good idea to pick up a digital kitchen scale. I found a cheap one at Canadian Tire, only $20: http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
This scale works great, does up to 5kg, and is accurate to the post office's to within 2 grams. Now I can make weight adjustments all at home, and know what the shipping rate will be before even going to the post office. It's a very useful investment for anyone who does a bunch of shipping.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #5
pulsedragon20
I win

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Well you could always pack it in a box like you would if you were shipping it, take it to the post office, and get them to weigh it for you. Then either get them to give you the shipping quote options on a printout, or just make a note of the weight and use their online calculator.

I got tired of doing it this way myself, and since I recently posted a bunch of stuff for sale, thought it would be a good idea to pick up a digital kitchen scale. I found a cheap one at Canadian Tire, only $20: http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
This scale works great, does up to 5kg, and is accurate to the post office's to within 2 grams. Now I can make weight adjustments all at home, and know what the shipping rate will be before even going to the post office. It's a very useful investment for anyone who does a bunch of shipping.
Investing in a scale is well worth it if you sell a lot, like I used to on eBay...
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #6
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
Investing in a scale is well worth it if you sell a lot, like I used to on eBay...
The main impediment to such an investment is that I have a few dozen older toys to get rid of and then I'm likely done selling for the foreseeable future.

A friend suggested some approximate weights for various size classes that are rounded up and that I could just refund the difference back once I know the actual shipping cost. So I was gonna do that for the various Scout/Basic, Deluxe, Voyager/Mega and Ultra class items. But the much larger Supreme size Omega Supreme is the one anomaly I'm selling in terms of easy approximation.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #7
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

As far as I know, it's mainly the dimensions of the box that influence the shipping costs (as well as destination).

An X-Y-Z sized box is the same cost, no matter the mass, up to a certain amount. After that, it starts driving the cost up.

Maybe that's just for the boxes you actually buy from Canada Post.

I have a few things on Shelf-Life that I've put up for sale and they haven't moved for months. I'm pretty sure shipping is the sticky point. Canada gets hosed for shipping costs to the point of doubling the price of a figure in some cases.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:23 AM   #8
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Hey guys,

Sorry, just noticed this thread, otherwise would have offered help much faster.

We are currently working on adding weight and dimensions to many of the products in the database in order to auto-calculate likely shipping and bring that aspect up to world class standards.

That will also coincide with the launch of wiki-access to update ALL of the records on site. In short, we'll still have curators overseeing the catalogs, but everyone else can contribute, earn collector points, and help perfect the catalogs.

p.s. Energon Omega Supreme is likely a 30-40cm cubed box and about 3lbs packed. One tip: you can get weight and size on Amazon for most of this stuff in the interim.

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #9
Johnstewling
Banned
Re: Need weight of Energon Omega Supreme, Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberonprime View Post
Hello All,

Just recently signed up on Shelflife and I am getting ready to post my first few items for sale. But it needs me to provide shipping options and amount. As most of the items would fit in a padded envelope and are Scout Deluxe or Voyager I can assume weights for most. However one item is a problem.

I have a complete loose Energon Omega Supreme I'd like to post but I have no idea what it weighs (aside from a lot more than the other items) and as such how much shipping will cost for domestic or to the US.

Does anybody know the weight of a loose one of these or has one and the means to weigh it?

Any help would be appreciated.
My suggestion would be don't use it at all for selling. No one does, the same stuff has been listed as for sale on there everytime you go, it's all waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced and the selection of what is for sale isn't great.

I get emails constantly about so and so wants your item, but they never sell. This site was a neat idea, but it hasn't taken off at all.
Johnstewling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #10
justprime
Animated

just the figure complete a little under 2 lbs
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote