Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 08-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #51
Zakna
Beasty
Re: Transformers Sale at Toys R Us Canada

price on soundwave and acid storm preorders dropped!! 25% off now!! on toysrus.ca
Zakna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #52
chuskers
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakna View Post
price on soundwave and acid storm preorders dropped!! 25% off now!! on toysrus.ca
They really need to make up their minds ... wondering if I cancel my pre-order then order again would I risk waiting longer to have my SW and AS shipped ... getting no where with emailing them and customer service line is closed right now ...
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #53
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakna View Post
Pre ordered! I will have to cancel my first pre order tomorrow as they are closed on Sunday.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #54
steamwhistle
Crossover

It's probably a big mess with TRU because it is a Hasbro offer... Some staff probably don't want to risk losing money / being reprimanded for refunding difference if they are unsure if the Hasbro offer applies in such a manner to preOrders, backOrders, etc... Also they didn't want to allow for coupon offers on some specific items, and that just creates confusion with the more general 25% discount offer.

Hopefully at this point, they have figured to just allow for the 25% across the board (excluding Kre-O, of course) and will wait for the dust to settle after the sale ends on Aug. 29 and will then start processing for shipping. That's my guess. Here's hoping it's a good September for us, and we'll start receiving our orders in a few weeks.

I was going to pass on Acid Storm, but $60 (taxes incl.) for a Masterpiece is a good a deal (to me). Ordered...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #55
Rageoholic
Mini-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuskers View Post
They really need to make up their minds ... wondering if I cancel my pre-order then order again would I risk waiting longer to have my SW and AS shipped ... getting no where with emailing them and customer service line is closed right now ...
I just called them and they said they would happily refund me the difference so, no need to cancel and re-preorder. 1-800-869-7787.
Rageoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #56
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageoholic View Post
I just called them and they said they would happily refund me the difference so, no need to cancel and re-preorder. 1-800-869-7787.
I just placed another other for MP SW and AS, but I'd rather cancel my full price price order that TRU "promised" to refund me the 25% Hasbro coupon code. Instead of paying full price and then wait for who knows how long for a refund, I'd just pay 25% off upfront. Mind you, I'd still gladly pay full pop if there's no sales or coupon code what so ever.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #57
BigBot79
G1 Fan
Talking Re: Transformers Sale at Toys R Us Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageoholic View Post

Just called as well, they applied the sale pricing to my pre-order and gave me a referrence number, said either it would be applied right away or they would charge my card when it ships for the full price then credit me the difference. First the CSR said it would not apply but then she pulled up the site and agreed that this is not a coupon so her supervisor said it definitley applies for the 25% sale.

Well worth a 15 minute call to save $50 between SW and AS!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #58
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I just placed another other for MP SW and AS, but I'd rather cancel my full price price order that TRU "promised" to refund me the 25% Hasbro coupon code. Instead of paying full price and then wait for who knows how long for a refund, I'd just pay 25% off upfront. Mind you, I'd still gladly pay full pop if there's no sales or coupon code what so ever.
i agree. I placed another order and cancelled the other one. My order history is really long and confusing now!

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #59
CETERUS PRIME
Ancient Prime

Called CS and they gave me a ref # for the credit towards SW and AS. 5 minute phone call and I saved myself $52 !!!
CETERUS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #60
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

I called and they made me cancel my preorder for two MP SW's and let me buy only ONE at sale price. I was fine with this, as this is for a buddy anyways, I found mine at retail (and got it at 25% off with a price adjustment)!