Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 08-15-2016, 06:38 PM   #1
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas
My TFcon 2016 Report + bonus pictures

Hey dudes and dudettes.

I finally was able to put together a report for TFcon 2016 on my website.
I appreciate comments and whatever.
I wanted to get this done weeks earlier but I was waiting for Guber to send me some pictures and, well, you know.

A couple of other things I wanted to address here on the board:

My panel - Wow, thanks to everyone who came and watch me talk about robot grampas. I've been wanting to do that panel for ages and I'm glad to have seized the opportunity that was kindly granted to me. I tried to talk really fast and thus maybe flubbed a few things, but I think overall I'm pretty satisfied with my performance. I got a lot of feedback when it was done and that was fantastic. The tech crew was amazing in helping me out. I've got plenty more ideas of what panels to do next, so hopefully this will not be a one time thing.

Costume contest - It did seem kind of thrown together as others have mentioned. I think it needs to be revamped. Maybe the contest should be later in the day, and there should be a registration desk where participants sign up and fill out forms detailing their name, who/what they are dressed up as, etc. I'm sure TFcon wants to stay away from the drama of the costume community in Toronto, but taking a few cues from other local conventions is probably a good idea. I did like at the end when we got another look at the participants and anyone who didn't want to be in the contest got a chance to go up in front of everyone.

Frank Welker's panel - So... yeah, something kind of incredible happened. I had absolutely no idea that I was going to be called up and I understand why it was maybe not the best idea to have gone off script when it was my turn to read. For that I apologize again. But... it was funny. I think everyone could see how surprised we were to be there.

Group photo - Totally missed it this year. Seemed like it was over in a blink of an eye without much fanfare. Too bad.

The comic - Yeah, it was bad. I get the joke. Shafter is supposed to be Virgil. Very clever. Now try explaining that to someone who has no idea what that is. I understand that it was supposed to be a parody of convention culture, but it really did not represent what TFcon has been for all these years. Now if the story was about how those 2 robots go to, let's say, the San-Antenna Data Trax Convention (something I made up just now) and they don't like it, so they go to TFcon instead and find it much more welcoming and inviting, then *maybe* you'd have something.
I've seen a lot of people up in arms about the bit with the girls, and I can't say they are wrong to be offended. It's been brought up here on the board already, and rightly so. But elsewhere I've also seen accusations that TFcon is an all boys clique that practices anti-feminism and anti-cosplayism (What? I am pretty sure that is not even a word), and I know 100% that is not the case. Unfortunately, the comic is being used as proof that these accusations are true, and you can't please everyone but something should be done to smooth things over.

And hello if you are reading this. I think you will find that a calm discussion is a better solution. So let's talk.

Any way, here are some pictures from Guber that I didn't use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	i-ZhGKVQb-X2.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	34419

Name:	i-nP3zx32-XL.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	34420

Name:	i-PxJbJ2q-X2.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	34421

Name:	i-7tVFtdv-XL.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	34422

Name:	i-NbpZfm5-X2.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	34423

Name:	i-pK8D4xn-XL.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	34424

Sayonara.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:17 PM   #2
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus
Re: My TFcon 2016 Report + bonus pictures

I heard your panel was excellent man, thanks for all your hard work!
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote