Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Lost Memories

Raise your hand if you're like me, missing figures from your childhood you remembered playing with fondly. Since I was late to the party with G1 I can recall vividly every or at least I believe every figure I used to own, but lost or foolishly gave away/traded later on down the road. (Although the fun in collecting sometimes is getting rid of a few items only to find them again later on down the road when you can afford to keep them. )

From what I recall I used to have the following Transformers.

G1:
Micromaster Combiners Metro Squad, Astro Squad, Battle Squad & Constructor Squad. (I got them I think when I was five or six, and boy were they fun to play with. Unfortunately I somehow lost their limbs, guess I was a destructive lad in my youth tearing off their arms and such. Halfway through my toy crazy days I traded half of them away for a Blitzwing who could be classified as a Junker and later on in my early to late teens traded them away again to one of the local comic shops. I look forward to reclaiming these treasures one day MOSC so I can recall the glory days.)

Pretender Starscream & Pretender Monster Wildfly. (At least I think it was Wildfly. First thing to lose was the inner robots though for the life of me I have no idea how or when. I do know I had them though because I kept the Shells for the longest time and still to this day have Pretender Starscream's Pretender Shell's gun. Once I can start hunting for G1 again I'll be pickig them both up again.)

Garage Sale Finds with Grandparents included G1 Ravage missing weapons G1 Laserbeak also missing weapons and as an added bonus the head though the neck was still attached. Micromaster Roughstuff minus transport, Micromasters Highjump, Powertrain and Whisper, G1 Kickback, Sparkabot Sizzle, G1 Brawl and a G1 Bombshell loose complete. (Or maybe that was from the comic shop.) Most of these I traded away I think when I got my MIB Ultra Magnus from Galaxy Comics. I had them now I don't sadly, but one day thanks to re-issues and the like I will have them again.

The other items of G1 I had included a G1 Soundwave I spent 40$ on at Galaxy Comics, which I eventually sold on E-Bay. McDonalds happy meal figures that transformed. A KO Red Mini-Spy at least I think it was a KO I do know it was a Red version of one of the Mini-Spies though because I can recall it vividly standing next to the Blue Mini-Spy I still have. I might have had one of the yellow ones too or maybe just saw one at a Garage sale I never could talk my parents into buying. And of course the Junker Blitzwing I traded away to Galaxy Comics when I got my MIB Ultra Magnus. (Well ok technically he's Near-Mint Missing One Launcher In A Banged Up Box From Hell, But the Box and Styrofoam insert were both still there and I still got them.

Now for G2, where I really had some fun figures, but eventually sold or traded them away for other items.

All five Combaticons for G2 were mine, as well as two duplicates of Onslaught because. The first Onslaught broke his arm at the joint, the second broke the peg of the missile launcher so I talked my parents into buying me a third one and that one eventually broke his missile launcher's peg too. (Ah good times.)

All six Constructicons were also mine, a few parts got lost and eventually I traded them away for that sweet Ultra Magnus. (Hey it was vintage G1 and cost 75$ asking price. How else was I supposed to get him?)

I also had G2 Fireflight, Rotor Force Manta Ray, Skram, Windrazor, Go-Bots Motormouth, High Beam, Double Clutch, Blowout, Firecracker and Gearhead and most of those got sold on E-Bay.

So spill, who's got memories of great toys they lost or traded away because at the time it seemed like a good idea?
Old 08-20-2008, 05:03 PM   #2
bigkid11
Re: Lost Memories

Hotspot...It seemed like a good idea at first but I think about it now and I say," That was stupid."
bigkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Only 2 for me: G1 Brawl was stolen by someone in elementary school. G1 Ratchet was destroyed by crushing due to being sat-on.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

300 figs sold for 50 bucks, too big of a list to write, lol.

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
aximili
Machine War

I'm definitely kicking myself now for getting rid of some old toys, but I think I got off pretty easy. I started with Beast Wars (it's what I grew up with) and had Scorponok, Inferno, Airazor, Rhinox and Blackarachnia. Plus Bonecrusher and Polar Claw.

I thought Blackarachnia looked stupid so I coloured her with those gold & silver markers. Thankfully, I have her and Rhinox back thanks to the TM reissues.

I definitely sold them all in a garage sale when I was a too-cool-for-transformers teenager. Now that I can, I'm going to collect them all (along with many other lines I've been introduced to along the way).

But my Scorponok, Inferno and Airazor were all in perfect condition and I always shake my head at myself for having to re-buy them for many times the price I saved my allowance to buy them the first time. Oh well!
aximili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
Autovolt 127
Animated

none so far.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #7
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer

Just 1: BM Dinobot Striker, my first TF.

Optimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #8
chans formers
raff ow roud

back in 92 i literally had every last transformer and gijoe fig released to that point.i even had all 8 original "straight arm" joes and every last vehicle including the uss flagg carrier and the "defiant"space shuttle launch crawler.for bots i had them all except my fort max was missing spike/galen.lo and behold when we moved my dad ditched and left everything in our old apartment.(i didnt even know he moved because i was in jail at the time for being really stupid)then i got out and everything was long gone.i even went so far as to contact the realestate company that managed the building to see what happened to all my stuff.to this day everytime i aquire another g1 bot i always wonder if it was originally from "my" collection.man how memories hurt!!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #9
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
back in 92 i literally had every last transformer and gijoe fig released to that point.i even had all 8 original "straight arm" joes and every last vehicle including the uss flagg carrier and the "defiant"space shuttle launch crawler.for bots i had them all except my fort max was missing spike/galen.lo and behold when we moved my dad ditched and left everything in our old apartment.(i didnt even know he moved because i was in jail at the time for being really stupid)then i got out and everything was long gone.i even went so far as to contact the realestate company that managed the building to see what happened to all my stuff.to this day everytime i aquire another g1 bot i always wonder if it was originally from "my" collection.man how memories hurt!!!!
Are you rich? Anyways, that's gotta hurt bad, especially when you think of the time and money spent on that. How sad...

Optimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #10
Network
Machine War

I have a few for me. my first TF was powermaster prime. I thought the smoke stacks got in the way so I broke em off. I also lost most of the panels for the trailer, as well as HiQ. however, I have found another HiQ, so it's good on that part.

Kickback was another one that I lost during a move, or so I believe. I originally got him at a flea market for a quarter. later on I aquired him at a yard sale for .10

the last one that I really miss is Tentakil. oh how I miss my tentakil... T_T I am still on the lookout for a g1 tentakil. he's pretty much my holy grail at the moment. TT_TT