Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #21
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha
Re: There is a rumor about MP combiner these 2 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking. They went through all the trouble of creating 5 perfectly accurate figures only to stop at the 6th?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
Same here... but maybe that's the excuse Takara will use for releasing MP Devastator.
Just like the Generations/United/RTS Wheeljack and Tracks. That mold surely was a preview for MP Wheeljack.

But I still want MP Blitzwing and Astrotrain first.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #22
Pascal
Banned

Yeah, I'd prefer MP triple changers first too.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #23
Marcotron
Robot Master

Am I the only one that doesn't want Hasbro putting out a slightly better MP devastator? I have hasbro's devastator, and it was the most expensive figure I own. If they release a slightly better, slightly bigger figure, then my largest transformer now becomes a second prize. CW devastator is huge, and I wouldn't even have space for an even bigger one. I had to pass on Metroplex and Fort Max because I just have nowhere to put them.
But that's just me I guess.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:57 PM   #24
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking. They went through all the trouble of creating 5 perfectly accurate figures only to stop at the 6th?
To be fair, Long Haul isn't exactly a shining star of accuracy.

As awesome as CW Devastator (more-so Legends Devastator) is, there's much room for improvement. It might be that because of deadlines and internal word that a MP version was being made, the designers sort of just fudged the rest.

- Hook needs his crane to extend, and the crane's turret to rotate. Integrating the head was done pretty nicely.

- Each figure needs a rotating torso.

- Long Haul needs lots of everything. Surprised people don't complain about him much. Its like the designers tried really hard to integrate that waist/hip piece without parts-forming, but then just half-assed Scavenger and Bonecrusher's hands.

- Mixmaster needs fixing, but not as much as it might seem. Needs a rotating drum, vehicle mode oriented the opposite way, and the iconic cab that's been Devastator's left foot on nearly every one of his incarnations.

- Non-fugly elbows. How can 3rd party companies get this right when the main companies can't even be bothered to install some elbows on 2 of their 3 releases of the set. For shame, Hasbro and TakaraTomy.

- Hands and forearms integrated into Bonecrusher and Scavenger. It looks like there was some effort to design this, and then they just threw up their hands and said "whatever". I'm fine with the chestplate, gun, and codpiece being parts-forming pieces, the combined figure can function without them.

Or, it could be that once a MP version received the go-ahead, CW Devastator was somewhat sabotaged to encourage collectors to get the MP version.

Anyways, I'm satisfied with CW Devastator enough to not really be interested in an MP release. Plus, it's safe enough to get outside and play in the dirt with the figures with my son.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:26 AM   #25
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

more update from TFGC thread, Simple translation:
Basically he just said FT company is hated by most of other 3rd part companies now, like (MT, DX9 and BC), because FT messed up the market pricing. So 3 designers from MT, DX9 and BC decide to make a non-Springer together to compete with FT's non-Springer, and it will sell at a very low price, like 300 RMB (44 USD), the only purpose is to stop FT's springer selling.

从质量上来说,确实算第一档的,比如恐龙里的飞镖,说是超合金魂级别的玩具都不夸张,另外,FT在美国非常 受欢迎,名气大于其他第三方。

问题就是心态膨胀后,出了问题,先是放图恶心竞争对手,这个倒是没啥,多家做同一款的太多了,但是背后给其 他家的工厂砸价,让其产品值崩,惹了众怒。

和FT仇恨最大的就是dx9,badcube,tw这几家。dx9的惊破天和badcube的昆虫都被FT 背后给工厂砸价或给经销商砸价弄得血本无归,导致dx9现在基本生产量只看预定量,tw更是大幅收缩战线, 还要盯着淘宝商家,看是哪家被收买砸价。据说和MT也有点问题。

另外就是FT的产品很多是购买不同设计师的图纸,新出的人狼就是买的图纸,不过好像还因为这个和设计师有不 愉快。

在mt和dx9威震天上市前夕,FT泄露了官方的威震天灰模。玩家肯定觉得无所谓,甚至庆幸,那么同行里基 本是臭了。

FT现在已经被彻底孤立,几次国内的展会都没人邀请FT去,MT,dx9,badcube三家已经联合准备 恶心FT,有个不明来历的弹簧,就是针对FT弹簧的,价格极为便宜,而且是三家设计师共同设计 。

之前FT的官方微博还嘲讽dx9的设计师hedi不敢做TF,改做守望屁股的机械。总之,这家公司的人品不 咋地,只是,和玩家基本无关就是了。

关注微博@openplay,价格应该是300左右,便宜是为了恶心图厂

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Last edited by xueyue2; 12-09-2016 at 11:32 AM.
xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:46 AM   #26
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

BTW, this is the new non-Springer, I was able to find it in TFW using "openplay"
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...scaled.1085571

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Old 12-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #27
Pascal
Banned

I'm getting them all (versions of Springer), just like I got all versions of Astrotrain so far. I'm surprised they think people are forced to choose only one version of any given character when several collectors will buy several and sometimes all...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #28
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

Quote:
Basically he just said FT company is hated by most of other 3rd part companies now, like (MT, DX9 and BC), because FT messed up the market pricing. So 3 designers from MT, DX9 and BC decide to make a non-Springer together to compete with FT's non-Springer, and it will sell at a very low price, like 300 RMB (44 USD), the only purpose is to stop FT's springer selling.
Works for me. I like/have some of FT's offerings but the sheer adulation for them baffles me. Plus I'm always okay with products that are great but at lower costs. My wallet appreciates that too.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:48 PM   #29
Shock
Generation 2

Quote:
Are they mad at FT for raising or lowering the market prices? I thought they were always high for 3rd Party.
Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:33 PM   #30
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock View Post
Are they mad at FT for raising or lowering the market prices? I thought they were always high for 3rd Party.
According to the source on TGFC, it's way more than that. Let me translate the details here of what he said (I'm just doing translation here, I can't validate any he said is true or not, take this with a grain of salt).

1) 先是放图恶心竞争对手,
When the competitor makes an new product annoncement, FT will also announce with pictures to show same character in FT's pipeline too.

2) 但是背后给其 他家的工厂砸价,让其产品值崩,惹了众怒。
FT secretly bring down other factories' price, make the the competitor lose money, which piss off a lot companies. ( my comment: I don't even know if my translation here is accurate or not, since I don't understand how or what FT did Secretly, what is "砸价" action).

3) 和FT仇恨最大的就是dx9,badcube,tw这几家。dx9的惊破天和badcube的 昆虫都被FT 背后给工厂砸价或给经销商砸价弄得血本无归,导致dx9现在基本生产量只看预定量,tw更是大 幅收缩战线, 还要盯着淘宝商家,看是哪家被收买砸价。据说和MT也有点问题。
The biggest haters of FT are dx9, bc and TW. FT's 砸价 action caused DT9's Galvatron and BC's Insecticons losing big money. It was so bad that DX9 now only produce based on pre-order numbers, TW shrink a lot and has to watch Taobao shops all the time to avoid 砸价. It was said FT has problem with MT too.

4) 在mt和dx9威震天上市前夕,FT泄露了官方的威震天灰模。玩家肯定觉得无所谓,甚至庆幸, 那么同行里基 本是臭了。

Right before MT and DX9 releasing their version of MP Megatron, FT purposely leaked the grep mold picture of Takara MP36 Megatron. It's a good thing for normal collectors but basically destroyed FT's reputation among all 3rd party companies.

5) FT现在已经被彻底孤立,几次国内的展会都没人邀请FT去,MT,dx9,badcube三家已经 联合准备 恶心FT,有个不明来历的弹簧,就是针对FT弹簧的,价格极为便宜,而且是三家设计师共同设计 。

Now other 3rd parties don't like FT, for example several toy shows in China, nobody invited FT to join. And 3 designers from MT, DX9 and BC decide to make a non-Springer together to compete with FT's non-Springer, and it will sell at a very low price, like 300 RMB (44 USD), the only purpose is to stop FT's springer selling.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Last edited by xueyue2; 12-09-2016 at 08:52 PM.