Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-07-2023, 01:25 AM   #1
Grimlocked
Generation 2
Warped vs. Stressed Plastic

Hello everyone,

Just recently made the jump from MISB collecting to out of box due to spacing issues (The plastic quality feels more like model kits now vs. Harder plastic from the Beast Wars days @,@!).

This might be a silly question but how can I tell the difference between warped plastic vs. Stressed plastic other than the stress/whitening marks, on pieces like a panel close to a joint piece?

Thanks!
Grimlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 11:15 AM   #2
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise
Re: Warped vs. Stressed Plastic

Stressed plastic will usually have the line or cracks/fractures. Warped plastic would just be mishaped. For example, my First Edition Bulkhead had cracks near some pins due to stress on the joint. While my Legacy Motor Master has a warped rear wheel section (curved) but no sign of stress in the plastic.

Usually only softer plastics will warp. Harder plastics will more often get stress marks or fractures.
Gaming Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 04:28 PM   #3
Grimlocked
Generation 2
Re: Warped vs. Stressed Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming Turtle View Post
Stressed plastic will usually have the line or cracks/fractures. Warped plastic would just be mishaped. For example, my First Edition Bulkhead had cracks near some pins due to stress on the joint. While my Legacy Motor Master has a warped rear wheel section (curved) but no sign of stress in the plastic.

Usually only softer plastics will warp. Harder plastics will more often get stress marks or fractures.
It's funny that you bring up Motor Master because that's the one I'm trying to solve right now. The warped wheels is something I expected but the left panel door/left leg panel section seems to go inwards a bit more but no marks are present @,@.
Grimlocked is offline   Reply With Quote