Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-09-2007, 06:43 PM   #21
Vangelus
Beast Machine
Re: Worst TF movie-going experience ever

I actually enjoyed Transformers the most at Botcon, when the crowd got into it to the point of cheering at peak moments.

Personally believe there is positive crowd noise and negative crowd noise. In the case of electronics during the film, kicking seats, or answering phonecalls (?!) that's negative.
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:11 PM   #22
darthrage
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelus View Post
I actually enjoyed Transformers the most at Botcon, when the crowd got into it to the point of cheering at peak moments.

Personally believe there is positive crowd noise and negative crowd noise. In the case of electronics during the film, kicking seats, or answering phonecalls (?!) that's negative.
Positive crowd noises, I don't mind at all. That includes laughing, cheering, clapping etc. I feel just as enthusiastic as they are but the negative stuff needs to be put down. I love going in a crowded theater with enthusiastic fans. It shows that everyone has the same interest and want a positive viewing experience as much as others. As for those kids sitting behind me, they didn't care obviously. And the parents were way too focussed on the movie to even be concerned about their kids.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:16 PM   #23
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Try sitting for an hour and a half or two hours before the movie starts with nothing to do, but think about the way your life sucks or something equally distasteful and you'll see why some people bring these things to the movies; especially when they're there early enough to score choice seats.

Seriously; being pissed off at people because they bring something to do before the movie starts is pretty pointless, now if they were playing it during the movie and after every second word of dialogue you heard gun shots/mario jumping or what have you that's a case for reporting to the manager, but if all they're doing is playing a game to pass the time and ignore that stupid little pre-show that's always the same thing before the movie starts then try not to get angry with them. I mean in this day and age is it really that surprising to find people lugging electronic gizmos around with them to the movies?

The movie experience is nothing like it was in the past; nowadays you can eat a pizza or fries in the theatre, I remember a time when you could only eat something special when the old Saint Vital theatre held their annual Christmas Free Showing and gave away Hot Dogs with the popcorn and juice. *Sigh* Man do I feel old and boy do I miss those days; it's getting so bad, I mean no one seems to hang up decorations or lights around Halloween or Christmas any more, it's like they're afraid of being mugged, raped or some shit like that. And the street lights have those Earth friendly bulbs now dulling the lights; it used to be bright out at night and... Hell I'm going nostalgic mode; where was I?

Oh yeah; don't get mad at people for just being people, unless they're frakin' phoning people during the film or playing their games during the film, no way in hell I'd stress myself out over this kind of thing happening before the movie.
Don't get my wrong, I wasn't pissed off. I was just asking "Why?" , I just think there are better things to do, like talking to whoever is going with you to the movie.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:16 PM   #24
RedOktobre
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Try sitting for an hour and a half or two hours before the movie starts with nothing to do, but think about the way your life sucks or something equally distasteful and you'll see why some people bring these things to the movies; especially when they're there early enough to score choice seats.

... now if they were playing it during the movie and after every second word of dialogue you heard gun shots/mario jumping or what have you that's a case for reporting to the manager, but if all they're doing is playing a game to pass the time and ignore that stupid little pre-show that's always the same thing before the movie starts then try not to get angry with them. I mean in this day and age is it really that surprising to find people lugging electronic gizmos around with them to the movies?
Good point! I agree.

In fact, my gf recently bought a white Nintendo DS Lite for $ 149.99 at Walmart recently because she saw so many people playing with their DS Lites at the theatre waiting for the movie to start.

However, I also agree that the dickhead who brought the computer laptop was a freakin idiot.

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #25
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Meh, People are people, I will never fault them for that. Yes it is annoying that in a theater, were you pay big bucks to see a show and someone ruins it, but threatening to beat up a five year old because he is bothering you is a little over the top.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:22 PM   #26
Vangelus
Beast Machine

Treading off-topic, but this is one of the most flagrant "WTF are you doing" moments I've seen someone engage in at a movie theatre:

Fellow sits down with a -case of Coke- and a -huge bag of Kentucky Fried Chicken-. Now, nobody seemed to say anything to him at first.

Then he starts cracking open colas and eating out of a giant cardboard bucket. While an usher walks by.

Best part- the idiot flipped out when he was asked to leave the enormous meal outside.
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:18 AM   #27
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Its like Optimus Prime said, "Were we so different? They're a young race, they've got much to learn, but I've seen goodness in them."

Like it or not, kids are going to be kids (and people are going to be people), at a theatre or anywhere else. Threatening to tear the throat out of someone talking behind you is a little much. You can turn around and tell them to please be quiet, but they dont necessarily have to listen to you. You can call an usher, that usually solves the problem.

Yep, you paid money to see a movie. Yes, you might feel that they're damaging your experience. But its a public place, there's no law against not talking, and like it or not, people are going to be great all the time. And as for the kid crying, that's what kids do. He might have been scared by the movie, and yes, his parents probably should have taken him outside, but unfortunately, that's their call. I completely agree with you about the requirement of licenses to breed, but it'll be a cold day in hell before that happens, so unfortunately, you'll have to learn to deal with it.

You went to an early evening show. With a movie like this, there's bound to be kids. At a later show, you could be complaining about punk teenagers with no respect instead. Its the nature of going to the movies. The best thing to do is just move on. At the very least, its unlikely you missed an important part of the movie, since you've seen it multiple times.

Remember one more thing, though. Those kids are the future of the fandom, and they're the ones who are going to have the toys bought for them (hopefully), thus supporting the franchise. Call me crazy, but I'd be willing to have my seat kicked a couple times so that a kid can have good memories about the transformers movie.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:50 AM   #28
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelus View Post
Fellow sits down with a -case of Coke- and a -huge bag of Kentucky Fried Chicken-. Now, nobody seemed to say anything to him at first.

Then he starts cracking open colas and eating out of a giant cardboard bucket. While an usher walks by.

Best part- the idiot flipped out when he was asked to leave the enormous meal outside.
A case of coke is just bad...he can get diabetes in no time. Sorry for being off topic. Are we allow to bring outside food when watching movie by the ways? I always wanted to ask this question actually. I usually get my Burger King somewhere else before I watch movies....the burgers are so DAMN expensive at those threaters.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:01 AM   #29
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Maybe put it in back pack or something, that may help. Thats what I used to do in my teens coz the theatre food is soooooo damn expensive.
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:10 AM   #30
darthrage
Beast Machine

I've seen people snuck a whole pizza inside as well as chinese food with soup LOL!