Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-09-2007, 04:29 AM   #11
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag
Re: Worst TF movie-going experience ever

Glad I did not go to the matinee showing today. Thanks for the heads up Urbs.
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:35 AM   #12
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Hump...I guess u r unlucky. I never have this bad experience even in the afternoon. But yes, I don't know why so many people bring their PSP, DS.....that's totally stupid, you are there for the movie...not to play video games.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #13
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
Hump...I guess u r unlucky. I never have this bad experience even in the afternoon. But yes, I don't know why so many people bring their PSP, DS.....that's totally stupid, you are there for the movie...not to play video games.

Try sitting for an hour and a half or two hours before the movie starts with nothing to do, but think about the way your life sucks or something equally distasteful and you'll see why some people bring these things to the movies; especially when they're there early enough to score choice seats.

Seriously; being pissed off at people because they bring something to do before the movie starts is pretty pointless, now if they were playing it during the movie and after every second word of dialogue you heard gun shots/mario jumping or what have you that's a case for reporting to the manager, but if all they're doing is playing a game to pass the time and ignore that stupid little pre-show that's always the same thing before the movie starts then try not to get angry with them. I mean in this day and age is it really that surprising to find people lugging electronic gizmos around with them to the movies?

The movie experience is nothing like it was in the past; nowadays you can eat a pizza or fries in the theatre, I remember a time when you could only eat something special when the old Saint Vital theatre held their annual Christmas Free Showing and gave away Hot Dogs with the popcorn and juice. *Sigh* Man do I feel old and boy do I miss those days; it's getting so bad, I mean no one seems to hang up decorations or lights around Halloween or Christmas any more, it's like they're afraid of being mugged, raped or some shit like that. And the street lights have those Earth friendly bulbs now dulling the lights; it used to be bright out at night and... Hell I'm going nostalgic mode; where was I?

Oh yeah; don't get mad at people for just being people, unless they're frakin' phoning people during the film or playing their games during the film, no way in hell I'd stress myself out over this kind of thing happening before the movie.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:14 PM   #14
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

How about people swearing left and right of you during the movie? Now I remember why I hardly go to movie theaters these days.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #15
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

The kids in my theatre were really well behaved, they couldn't be older than six and they only spoke once in whisper:

Younger kid: "Who's the yellow car?"

Older kid kid: "That's Bumblebee"

Younger kid: "Oh, okay"

Un-fortunatly, the guy behind me kept kicking my chair. Fucker. But he only did it like three times. Everybody was too busy whatching the movie.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #16
darthrage
Beast Machine

Its weird because those ass clowns who kick your air aren't actually kicking your chair, they're actually putting their feet up on your chair but what they don't realize is the person sitting on the chair feels like it is being kicked when they take their feet on and off it cuz it moves it. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT. If they do it enough times, I just turn around and politely tell them to stop it because they would feel the same way if I had done it to them.

Speaking of food in the theaters, the Silvercity in Riverport no longer has a Pizza Hut. Its changed to something called Pizza Pizza (not associated with Little Caesars Pizza, as far as I know) and they don't sell personal pan pizzas any more because that is a product of Pizza Hut. Anyways, they sell pizza by the slice and WORST YET, whole freaking PIZZAS!!!! So if you sit behind or in front of a big group (usually its a big group who orders a whole pizza), they are passing the pizza left to right across the aisle and that smell (its actually pretty good) distracts you from the movie and makes you hungry!!!

Thankfully the passing of pizza back and forth usually takes place before the movie starts.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #17
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Speaking of food. I really don't like the smell of pop-corn, maybe I am weird. I usually switch seat with my friend or my brother if someone next to me eating pop-corn. Some people play DS, PSP and phone games while watching movie. They should ban people from bringing PSP and DS.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #18
Protoman
The Legend

Now I know this might sound but I had a similar problem on my 2nd viewing at Cote Des Neige Plaza in Montreal. 2 kids behind me (must be ages 3-7) were behind me with their non-caring parents. Their excessive talking hit my boiling peak when the "Bumblebee signal" scene came. I turned around and said (Pardon my french) "If you don't get your fucken kids to shut up I will beat the shit out of them" (Yes yes, I threaten to beat up little children but I don't care, when it comes to Transformers.... you just don't fuck with me). Of course the 2 little meak parents FINALLY told the children to be quiet as if they were not aware of their own loudness.....
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:50 PM   #19
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

see, i tend to preview movies at home and then decide if its worth the hastle to go to the theaters to see it. i'll watch it for like 10 to 15 minutes, and if it piques my interest, i'll either wait for the real dvd or go see it in theaters. if the movie's blah, i'll watch it to the end and not bother with it again. if its bad or doesnt catch my interest at all, i just dont bother watching the rest of it. i still have no idea what happens later on in 8 legged freaks.

i dont like theaters. i dont like the seats, i dont like the restrictions on snacking, i dont like missing parts that i've paid for to have to use the facilities. at home i can pause it and stuff. i dont like having to pay such a high price to be able to see the movie only ONCE, and i especially dont like having to deal with the other people in the theater.

that being said, the experiences i've had are nowhere near as bad as i've seen on some of the screener movies, what with people yelling obscenities at the movie's characters and throwing stuff at the screen (not just isolated people, but pretty much the entire theater).

there are, however, some times that i can tollerate that stuff. i once went to a showing of happy feet with my fiance, and almost the entire theater was filled with 3 to 8 year olds. i know, its a kids movie. and they were up and running around, dancing in their seats, talking, singing, etc.

that was a kids movie, and all of that was to be expected from the audience that was there. plus, it made the whole experience a little more funny and entertaining. lol. and on the plus side nobody seemed to be grabbing or kicking seats and the parents werent letting their kids go completely nuts. they were also kind enough to leave the theater if their kids started screaming or crying.

so for certain things i'm inclined to give a little leeway, but not too often.

i still dont like theaters, for the most part i'd just rather wait for the dvd. after 2 or 3 viewings, even at the gouging initial release prices its still paid for itself compared to going to the theater.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #20
darthrage
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Now I know this might sound but I had a similar problem on my 2nd viewing at Cote Des Neige Plaza in Montreal. 2 kids behind me (must be ages 3-7) were behind me with their non-caring parents. Their excessive talking hit my boiling peak when the "Bumblebee signal" scene came. I turned around and said (Pardon my french) "If you don't get your fucken kids to shut up I will beat the shit out of them" (Yes yes, I threaten to beat up little children but I don't care, when it comes to Transformers.... you just don't fuck with me). Of course the 2 little meak parents FINALLY told the children to be quiet as if they were not aware of their own loudness.....
YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!! I wanted to say the same thing LOL!!