Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-09-2021, 01:18 PM   #1
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Experiencing Transformers through your kids

A while back I replaced my old Rhino TF DVDs with the Shout! Factory set, and I was contemplating trying to sell them. Recently I gave my son some old bootleg DVDs I have of SilverHawks and Centurions, and he's been watching them and enjoying them. So I decided to give him my Rhino sets. He's currently on the first half of S2 and he's really into it! He's been asking me all kinds of questions about the show ans the characters like, "Did they ever make toys of the Constrcuticons, or Autobot Spike?"
He's even been repurposing some of the Transformers he has as the G1 characters, so I just gave him the Botshots of Thundercracker, Acid Storm, and Powerglide.
I really wish I had those legends class Seekers from a few years ago to give to him, he'd love them.

Has anyone else had this experience?
Old 11-09-2021, 01:33 PM   #2
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: Experiencing Transformers through your kids

Years ago I got burnt out trying to buy everything that came out. Having my kids gain interest in Transformers helped bring back my interest in the current mainline stuff again.
Old 11-09-2021, 06:40 PM   #3
big dawg
Energon

My son is 8 and is getting super into transformers… unfortunately he only wants the new stuff and really doesn’t like the last generation of chug’s. Almost had a use for em… oh well guess we share now.
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:18 PM   #4
VicRav
Machine War

My kid getting into Transformers is what really got me back into it. I still had some G1 toys from my childhood and DVDs of the show, which I watched. I watched the Bay movies. My son getting interested in Rescue Bots got me to show him the original cartoon and than we started watching other shows, Prime, Animated, RID, Cyberverse and WFC. I got him newer toys from various lines, but I also started collecting a variety of stuff for myself.
VicRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:34 PM   #5
savagephil
Robot in Disguise

One of the greatest joys ive had, is sharing the hobby with my son, who is now 15, I started collecting again with the chug line. As he was aging I would pop in the good old matrix of leadership original g1 DVD cartoons, and he just fell in love with them. He loved watching beast wars and Transformers prime, animated and rid. Now he wants every g1 character out there as do I in the best representation out there, so a lot of thrilling 30 prime wars trilogy studio series and wfc trilogy figures replacing old ones he grew up with. So far he isn't too impressed with the legacy pictures apart from few figures. We tend to go on hunts together or we both divide in conquer. I think when our kids have kids, we will relive a 3rd Transformers renaissance when we are grandparents lol
savagephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 08:24 AM   #6
justprime
Animated

The fun and enjoyment I have spilled over to my children and I also enjoy them with my grand children.....3 generations not bad I would say
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 10:11 AM   #7
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Y'all are lucky, my kid is a bit too much of a princess to give a crap about TFs
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 10:52 AM   #8
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

My oldest (7 yrs. old) is more into his tablet and games than toys. Or Pop Its! So it was nice to have a couple months earlier this year where he and I would play with my Cyberverse toys. I managed to snag a bunch of Warrior class from Walmart.ca when they were on sale for less than $6. So it was easy to open them up and play around, with the hopes he might be into them.

He never was really into them, or the show, but while doing laundry I would break out the toys and he and I would play and battle with them. Definitely some of my favourite memories. Just wish I could keep him interested, but.....screens!!!
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 11:17 AM   #9
Marcotron
Robot Master

So, I had to pack up most of my displayed collection when my son was born. So I'm glad he is now obsessed with Transformers, he sings the theme songs randomly. He has his own bin of figures, rejects from my years of collecting. He has battles between his Titan Marvel figures and the TF toys.

We've watched the cartoons. Beast Wars was a huge hit, Beast Machines, we are working through now. And I suggest watching the G1 episodes whenever possible, we are halfway through Season 2, and then I'll show them the movie where everyone dies (so I'm pacing this out for a while).
He always wants to play with my "delicate ones" and so I show him what I am willing to let a 4 year old touch.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:55 PM   #10
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
My oldest (7 yrs. old) is more into his tablet and games than toys.

Just wish I could keep him interested, but.....screens!!!
I hear that!
My son was super into his toys then he got a tablet for Xmas a couple years ago, and that's all he wanted to do. But recently it stopped working, and that's when I gave him all those old DVDs, and now he's getting back into toys.

So, if your son's tablet should "break", maybe that might not be such a bad thing!