Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #21
tusko
Classic
Re: Time to pull the pin?

I'm in a similar boat, but my solution is storage.
Rubbermaid totes, neatly packed away in the basement.
I know they are safe and organized and waiting for when I can get back into them.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #22
DamonL
Rollllllllout Autobots

I love the pile ideas..but here is the thing? like many have said before.. do you really need the money? If not, then just keep them.. they are part of your life, and you can always look at them and remember the fun times you had collecting them

I understand how you feel though.. until a certain point.. there are no more figures to collect.. esp nowadays.. if you're not a TF Prime fan.. there really isnt much to collect anymore.

but regardless... try organizing ur pile and maybe you'll find renewed interests in ur toys.. and even set up a display or something so at least you are finding ways to play with them and prolong their lives
DamonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #23
joshimus
Metroplex

Thing is, as much as I enjoy my collection, nothing lasts forever, obviously. For myself I just want to clean house. My attachments would mostly be to my Primes, Screamers, Megatrons and Soundwaves, BW and any figure I customized. The rest, while nice, I dont have that same attachment.
Let someone else enjoy them.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #24
Sludge2007
Beasty

Well after reading some of the posts I think I'll thin down the collection to the main wants, reorganize and wait out a few pre-orders. Thanks for the ideas appreciate the help
Sludge2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #25
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I say hang on to them as long as you can tolerate. If you get sick of seeing them or knowing they're there in storage then sell'em. Use the pile idea when you get to that point, I like that suggestion. For me when I sell something it's usually because I've upgraded the figure and don't keep doubles, I'll put it on here and TFW first and if it doesn't go in a reasonable time then it's off to eBay. Sometimes everyone in your area has what you have so you have to expand your marketplace to sell it. Also a worldwide audience like eBay may net you some extra cash if you need it, look at the Movie line's Leader figures. I would have bought all the Shadow Command Megatron's for $20 if I had known the rest of the world wanted them.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #26
Nugundam2.0
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Keep them if you don't need the money. How many people have unloaded a ton of TF's only to buy them all back when the spark is back?

Answer: A shitload

Just pack em up and keep em.

This.

I have been there. Sometimes I get stigmitized. What the fuck is a 40 year old father of two doing with this shit. Put them away. Sometime down the road you can give it to your kids.
Nugundam2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #27
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Couple of points I will make:

1) As others have said, take a breather, review and then make a decision. Lots of people liquidate and then restart because they find they really weren't done.

2) If you are going to sell, stick with boards like this one, or Ebay. I know people have a hate for Ebay, but it really is still the standard. This and other TF boards are also good for selling both because it lets you sell to other fans, and it cuts out fees from sites like Ebay. Kijiji is good for local deals, but I have found that it is mostly full of people who want to buy "something for nothing" meaning a deal to them is getting you to sell for 50% less than what you might normally get.

3) HONESTLY evaluate your stuff and the marketplace. IF you are serious about liquidating. Too many times I see people claiming they are selling because they have to, or need money, and sure enough they are asking prices that no one with any knowledge is going to bite on. Ebay has a large population of professional sellers who do nothing but post items are retail or higher prices just waiting for someone to bite. People will say that the value is whatever someone is willing to pay, but a one time fluke of someone paying 50% over 'normal" pricing is not the true value of an item. Look on Ebay for completed auctions and you get a better idea of the marketplace.

4) Finally, selling items individually USUALLY nets more money then selling lots, but again it depends on an honest evaluation of what you have. Common, low interest items probably aren't worth the time/money selling indvidually, but rather group them for a chance at recouping some money. High interest, rare items are usually better sold individually. The one exception I have found is if it a "team" or individual items make a whole. In those cases you might get more selling as a lot.
can't really agree with statement I have had ten HA barricades and all went over $100 shipped for A @ cost 34.99+ tax figure robbery but again if you are willing to pay that for something that is impossible to get cheap. even if it is missing parts will still sell for high enough dollars it's like that for everthing one thing is for sure somebody wants something for nothing!
alternatorfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #28
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Beware, the vultures are circling!
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote