Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-16-2014, 02:21 AM   #1
CanBot
Cybertron
Six months for Starscream, who's got that kinda patience?

LOL...in my quest for the lowest priced SS MP, I found a Japanese shop on ebay that won the 'lowest price' war. Turns out, though, that the item shows 'LAST ONE!' in the ad, but in the fine print, it says it's not in stock, and...it'll be IN stock...in MARCH 2015?!?! What the hellz?

I'm on the verge of cancelling the order, which the seller has no problem doing. If I can save some bucks, I can wait...but DANG, six months?!?!?...what gives! It's almost comical.

I figure, though, it's not like I NEEEEED it today, and if I can save a considerable amount, then I'm almost considering the wait! I haven't made up my mind. Thought it would be funny to share; what would you guys do?
Old 09-16-2014, 02:54 AM   #2
grizzly519
Alternator
Re: Six months for Starscream, who's got that kinda patience?

It's been quite a while since i used ebay.I gave up after the import fees were introduced.The main thing for you would be how long have you got to file a complaint?Since the listing states march 2015 can you complain at that time if you're screwed over or not since it's past the 60(can't remember) day mark from purchase?
Old 09-16-2014, 03:19 AM   #3
Mercutio
Generation 2

Sounds like a scam. Cancel the order.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

Cancel..if something happens after 60 days(not sure of the exact number)ebay or paypal will not help you with a claim. It goes beyond their time limit for the transaction.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #5
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

I don't think it's a scam. Starscream re-re-issue has been up for preorder on various eBay sellers for a while now. It's about $150.

Regarding the time length...

I preordered MP-23 last week. Not due out till February. That's 5 months out.

MP-21 Bumble Bee I ordered on March 8th. Due out in November. 8 months.

MP-22 Ultra Magnus back on April 26th. Not due out till December. Again, that's 8 months of waiting.

Nothing out of the ordinary to wait that long.

Now, if the seller has dubious feedback, then I'd be suspicious of a scam. But from all what I have read, Starscream reissue is coming next year, including the other three pictured a above. Chimungmung already has Red Alert 2nd run up for preorder. He's a reliable dealer so I'm sure the other three will be coming as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
Cancel..if something happens after 60 days(not sure of the exact number)ebay or paypal will not help you with a claim. It goes beyond their time limit for the transaction.
45 days I believe is the magic number. This is the downside of preordering this far out. That's why I prefer a pay later option.

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 09-16-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Added screen shot
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #6
Megatron75
Alternator

I would cancel that pre-order regardless of the seller's feedback. You would be giving up your buyer protection after that amount of time. What the figure doesn't arrive in decent condition or not at all. There are much more reliable ways to preorder new figures without having to pay 6 months in advance on eBay.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:30 PM   #7
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Honestly, unless it's from a seller with a great track record, I wouldn't risk it. Better to spend a few extra bucks than to lose everything. Besides why not wait a bit, and see if you can get the order within that magic window that allows you to still file a ebay grievance?
Old 09-16-2014, 04:43 PM   #8
Wheeljack Off
Banned
Wheeljack Off's Ebay Auctions

Whats the savings over buying one now?

Think I paid 230 including taxes and local pickup punishment fee for mine from A3U.

Last edited by Wheeljack Off; 09-16-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Wheeljack Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:36 PM   #9
CanBot
Cybertron

Thanks for the advice, guys. The rep is good, 99.4%, and they offer a pay 20% deposit and pay the rest when it ships.

A question about reissues...is there any degradation in quality? I've been looking for SS for a while, and this is definitely the one I want. I wasn't aware that he was on a reissue per se, I figured they just made different runs of certain MPs, SS being a popular guy so it makes sense.

Part of me wonders if, in 6 months, Hasbro will decide to release him over here. I've heard the rumours on this site, but who knows. I've been waiting a while now, so part of me wants to pony up the extra $40 bux and get him now. I've notice MP Black Convoy is going up price (about 20 bux) and the numbers make it look like his numbers are getting low. I wouldn't anticipate a reissue of him (although maybe with a trailer, lol, later on? AWESOME).

A bit more thinking and I'll make the decision...thanks again!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:45 PM   #10
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Who knows what this new reissue will bring in terms of differences. Here is a great comparison review of the recent Hasbro Asia release vs the original release. Main difference is the head.

By the way, 20% down seems very reasonable. Not many eBay sellers offer this. What is the final price in CND funds including shipping?

Btw 99% positive feedback means nothing if they have 1000 transactions a month. Still means that 100 customers are dissatisfied. Read into the feedback more thoroughly to be sure and comfortable if you are seriously considering this.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote