Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad
Re: Peter Cullen on Canada's Walk of Fame

Well, I think you have to submit something yourself at the link I made earlier. You probably don't need more than a couple of sentences for the fields asking why (aka, I doubt they need essays to consider anyone), but they probably do it in this style oppose to a strictly poll based thing so that bots & lazy people who don't care don't clogg their system to overshadow those who actually do. I'm normally one of their groups (I barely voted for the TF Hall of Fame thing & pretty much only did because I was running a Megatron Campaign on TFW), but for Peter Cullen & Bret Hart & think there's an exception to be made, as both of them were & still are staple stars of their fandom, and should be continued to be remembered as such long after their current fans grow old. They're not just "Great Canadians", but great people overall who'd driven the worlds of Transformers & Pro Wrestling to the prominent places they are today.

Like, I'm not trying to push them as Gods or anything, but I firmly believe that without those guys doing what they did for their respective fandoms, neither of them would be where they are today, and if Sliders was real, I bet we'd be able to prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"

Last edited by Nomad; 04-22-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #12
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

You can nominate once per day.

If it doesn't work this year, next year we should start a serious campaign across many TF websites.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #13
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I think that there is some real potential here. Oh and apparently Bret is in the running.
Just noticed, Russel Peters won? Ugh...

Last edited by Team Jetfire; 04-22-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #14
Omegatron
Gen 1

This is a really interesting idea and seems to be one of those things which either works or it doesn't, so there is nothing to loose by trying. I'd love to see Peter Cullen in the walk of fame.

Looking at the nomination criteria, the first and second are no problem at all, he easily reaches the benchmark. The third criteria is the one which will have to be spun appropriately because this one deals with contributions to Canada's heritage. I think he's got just as much a claim to this as say Michael J Fox, but the judeing panel will need to be convinced of this. I wonder if the nomination could be strengthen by contacting someone at Hasbro Canada to see if they would support this. I don't see what they would have to loose by doing so. The nomination would have to come from the fans though so some sort of campaign might be a good idea.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #15
Hellboy
Alternator

I cast my vote. I mentioned he was the voice of the Galaxy's biggest advocate for peace... Optimus Prime. Naturally a voice that only a Canadian could provide.