Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-27-2016, 09:20 AM   #11
big dawg
Energon
Re: Upgrade Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
give up on classics they are bunk and after upgrades cost almost as much as the far superior MP
Why choose? I buy both
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:33 AM   #12
Brawn84
Machine War

Quote:
give up on classics they are bunk and after upgrades cost almost as much as the far superior MP
I really like the classics line, they are fairly easy to come by if you don't mind hunting the net, a lot of them have great transformations, they put a lot more effort into them than CW and the cost of used ones arn't to bad. MP is out of my price range. I could fill a shelf with chug for what it cost for a couple MP seekers!
A couple weeks ago i bought a classics sideswipe with an upgrade kit and it really looks awesome now! I never planned on spending lots on upgrades, just looking for an idea which ones were good and which one were crap.
Just ordered the G3 trailer but passed on the Null Ray set cause figured I could get a few more bots for that price.
Brawn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:02 PM   #13
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I have both MP and classics and like each equally but not really the point I guess. I don't have many upgrade kits but the few I have I got for good deals to justify the costs. A couple of them were the going rate. The G3 trailer with all the extra accessories is a good pruchase for sure. The FP Rodimus is a great kit if you can find it at a resonable cost. A few others are

PE hand foot kits for CW combiners. The hands weren't necessary but the feet are need for stability IMO.
The machine gun upgrade for TF Prime BH Optimus is nice
The DX9 kit for AOE Optimus and CW Megs are nice as well except for the hands on CW Megs, those are a pain.
G2 Prime battle tanker is OK, not may favourite.

I don't think I have any other ones and don't have any for sale with regards to the OP but I do enjoy the way they look when they are displayed.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:53 PM   #14
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Just because CHUGs are bunk to you, that doesn't mean there's no love for this line elsewhere. Plenty of others (some who have already chimed in) including myself still enjoy CHUGs for the smaller footprint they bring when space is limited at a much more competitive cost than MP's. MP superiority is purely subjective and varies greatly from one character to the next just like any other scale class.

That aside, the average CHUG figure runs about $20 to $30 and an average upgrade kit might be around the same cost depending on the kit. Aside from possibly tiny little MP Bumblebee, please tell the rest of us where you think you can get any sort of MP for $60 CAD or less?
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:23 PM   #15
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawn84 View Post
I really like the classics line, they are fairly easy to come by if you don't mind hunting the net, a lot of them have great transformations, they put a lot more effort into them than CW and the cost of used ones arn't to bad. MP is out of my price range. I could fill a shelf with chug for what it cost for a couple MP seekers!
A couple weeks ago i bought a classics sideswipe with an upgrade kit and it really looks awesome now! I never planned on spending lots on upgrades, just looking for an idea which ones were good and which one were crap.
Just ordered the G3 trailer but passed on the Null Ray set cause figured I could get a few more bots for that price.
Are there any specific figures that you are looking for upgrade kits for? I took a quick stroll around the cave and they only other two I could find were the FP set for ROTF Superion which can be found pretty cheap nowadays and the Armageddon set for YOTS Omega Supreme which unfortunately did the exact opposite and went skyward. My only point there is some can be good deals and others not so much
Old 07-27-2016, 10:58 PM   #16
Brawn84
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Are there any specific figures that you are looking for upgrade kits for? I took a quick stroll around the cave and they only other two I could find were the FP set for ROTF Superion which can be found pretty cheap nowadays and the Armageddon set for YOTS Omega Supreme which unfortunately did the exact opposite and went skyward. My only point there is some can be good deals and others not so much
Was really just interested in a trailer for Prime, the seeker Nul Ray set and the hound / ravage kit. Most other kits for Chug are sold out at online retailers. G3 trailer comes with extra weapons so that will do for now.
Other sets I was thinking of were for figures I'm gonna be putting up for sale soon. Like the kfc kit for FOC Magnus and a boosticus set.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:26 AM   #17
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
Aside from possibly tiny little MP Bumblebee, please tell the rest of us where you think you can get any sort of MP for $60 CAD or less?
Seriously dude I used to collect the classics line had 90% of them once you start adding upgrades to them they end up around the same price as the average pre-order for any TT MP from JAPAN. They key to keeping costs down in the MP collecting is PRE-ORDER PRE-ORDER PRE-ORDER from Japanese sites and they will be a lot less than ordering from any CAD or USD site other than Slayback he is the only dealer I found to be close to cost for TT MP I am not the only member here that has said this lots have. My Mp BB was $50 CAD shipped my MP IH was $75 CAD(TYPO MENT MP WJ) shipped my MP so once you factor in that my MP are not much more than my old classics were and IMHO they are way better figures and are worth the higher price tag. With a lot of things in life to me QUALITY is better than QUANTITY any day of the week.

Now about you saying thy take up less space I would have to say that you are right and wrong on this one as I have my MP collection in 5 detolfs where as my classics collection took up 6 full sized book cases as there was just so much to display.

I have been to a lot of TF shows recently and have seen that a lot of people are dumping classics at ROCK bottom prices just to get rid of them almost like movie toys a couple years back. For example Classics Mirage USED to command a $50 - $80 dollar price tag now I find them for $15- $20 at shows and those hardly sell as I see them there all day long.

So this ends my explanation.

Last edited by Masta_Skidz; 07-28-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:49 AM   #18
Brawn84
Machine War
Smile Re: Upgrade Kits

Quote:
For example Classics Mirage USED to command a $50 - $80 dollar price tag now I find them for $15- $20 at shows and those hardly sell as I see them there all day long.
If you see one of those $15 - $20 Mirages around can you let me know! I got the FP G3 trailer on order and it comes with a shoulder launcher for him!!!
Old 07-28-2016, 09:48 AM   #19
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
For example Classics Mirage USED to command a $50 - $80 dollar price tag now I find them for $15- $20 at shows and those hardly sell as I see them there all day long.
Agreed but I don't think that all figures will hold their previous values over the long term. Hound and Astrotrain were in the same position as Mirage at one point but they were/are realeased with the CW/TR line so collectors now have options with what they can get. FT Quakewave 1st issue is another great example of how the price bubble burst. At one point he was commanding $400 and up but as soon as FT announced their re-release that went drastically south and even more so once Takara announced the official MP. To the OP there are a lot of deal around just not always easy to find. We know Masta did a massive clean up of his collection so I'm sure there will be other that will do the same so I'm sure you will find a classics Mirage or any other at some point. Have you created a wants list here on the boards? If you haven't then that might be a good idea as I'm sure board members here will be able to reach out to you with what they have. Best of luck with the search .
Old 07-28-2016, 10:13 AM   #20
Pascal
Banned

Adult fans lying about how much they paid for toys... It'll never get old.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote