Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 01-19-2018, 02:43 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
What in the Whirl? Generations Whirl review

This is the Transformers Generations Whirl and though he might look peculiar he is surprisingly fantastic! Granted, i don't have his accessories, but I scored the guy for 4 bucks! Thanks, as always, for your time and support. Please remember to subscribe too.
https://youtu.be/N1U9aIoPT38
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #2
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: What in the Whirl? Generations Whirl review

He and Roadbuster were the biggest let downs of the T30 line.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:01 PM   #3
Longshot
Pretender

I was disappointed by both Whirl and Roadbuster but Whirl was a lot better than Roadbuster. Hasbro should go back and revisit both these characters. Better yet, just give me Whirl's holomatter avatar and I'll call it a draw.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:44 PM   #4
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
I was disappointed by both Whirl and Roadbuster but Whirl was a lot better than Roadbuster. Hasbro should go back and revisit both these characters. Better yet, just give me Whirl's holomatter avatar and I'll call it a draw.
I remember reading somewhere that members of the GI Joe design team came onboard for those two (and maybe a couple others) which is why they are so different from, well, almost everything ever in Generations.

Whirl is... well, a decent update of his original toy, but I think his resurgent popularity was due to MTMTE. So sticking an Alex Milne style head on his old clunky body type was just odd.

Roadbuster is one of the worst TFs I've ever handled. I kept wanting him for a Wreckers display, and I kept selling him back off.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:38 PM   #5
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

This is why I love doing this stuff, the feedback and discussion from folks. I agree about Roadbuster. He could have been so much better and I find he feels...shakey and can't stand for the life of him. I like his look but not the execution. I skipped Whirl initially but for 4 bucks, I figured why not? I didn't expect much, I really didn't, he is just so weird. I agree about why he has had resurgent popularity, though I personally tend to avoid most of the comics. But I was shocked how much I legitimately enjoyed whirl. I mean, I like the blue, his solidity standing shocked me and his range of articulation astounded me, even all the leg options and gerwalk mode possibilities depending on what you transform and leave untransformed. I even dig the helicopter look. I am legit curious though, besides for looking admittedly really odd, why do other folks not enjoy him? I mean, he could have been worse, he could have turned out like poor Rhinox.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote