Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 01-02-2018, 06:26 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
POTP Optimus Prime - Impressive but not perfect

There is no doubt the Power of the Primes Evolution Optimus is impressive, but he is not flawless either.
https://youtu.be/rZiV2ySvzjk
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:40 PM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: POTP Optimus Prime - Impressive but not perfect

In case you missed it:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showp...2&postcount=46

Huge fan of this Prime despite the flaws in truck mode. And that's coming from the guy who pretty much owns almost all known transforming versions of the character. I hope Takara gives it a premium paint job later down the road (likely in a different line or as an exclusive). I see bits that could have been painted grey in trailer mode without impacting the Optimus look in robot mode and grey bits in Optimus mode that could have been painted red or blue without impacting the trailer mode to create more convincing decos in both modes.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:47 AM   #3
alternatorfan
g1 baby

He's pretty cool way better than tr powermaster optimus....i don't know how he got approved for production compared to potp optimus.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:50 AM   #4
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

I tend to agree with you. He seems to have a bunch of qc issues that I was luck enough to not encounter, mostly related to poorly applied stickers and misassembled trailer panels. About the only strikes I can levy is lack of a waist, which is understandable considering everything he has to do and I really wish he could kick forward just a few degrees more. But, yeah, in general, he is a really strong version of the boss bot.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:42 PM   #5
slimebucket
Generation 1

I really am considering buying this.. im like on the fence half way and just cant get off.

I want it, but the truck mode. Any thought from people who own it how easy it could be to make an upgrade kit to help? Any signs they might make a godgenri power armor for PoP prime?
slimebucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:56 AM   #6
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimebucket View Post
I really am considering buying this.. im like on the fence half way and just cant get off.

I want it, but the truck mode. Any thought from people who own it how easy it could be to make an upgrade kit to help? Any signs they might make a godgenri power armor for PoP prime?
I would imagine many kits could potentially make this guy into a really great Ginrai. I think they would be third party though. The TR pmop was really intended as a Ginrai, this guy is actually intended to be Optimus, but, undeniably, upgrades would sell to make this dude over since he is strong anyway.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:39 PM   #7
legenddkillaa
Banned

legenddkillaa is offline   Reply With Quote