Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 10-02-2016, 01:58 PM   #11
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Generations Windblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
Just bought RID Windblade and I prefer her to the Generations version. Her Bot mode is much sturdier and more solid but her jet mode is hindered when you add her sword so in that respect the Generations version wins. Overall though, I think the RID version is better IMHO, plus you can use her head fan as a weapon...how cool is that !?!
That is a feature of the original toy, as well. =)

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 02:59 PM   #12
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Generations Windblade is a fantastic toy with a unique design and head mold, a cool sword, and a satisfyingly intricate transformation for a deluxe class figure. Her only real drawbacks are a few loose joints, heels that don't click into place, and a tendency to be back-heavy because of her wings. Slipstream improved on the figure mostly by tightening up crucial joints that help her poseability. But Windblade came first, and her core design is still impressive. When you think that Hasbro COULD have cheaped out and just done a feminized retool of the Classics Seeker mold instead, you have to appreciate what they did accomplish.

I like RID Windblade a lot too, and find her to be more stable and easier to pose than the Generations figure. The tradeoff is a little less detail overall, as well as the fact that you get a bulkier alt mode and a big backpack in bot mode.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:41 PM   #13
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

RNSrobot is right, the head fan thing is a weapon on the original and the RiD.
Positivelyken, that was a nice analysis. Only things holding me back from RiD is the feeling her wings are low in alt mode, the wierd red color differences on the legs and, odd one this is, she has no nose on that white face,lol. Yes, it matches the animation, but strikes me funny is all. Her sword being all black isn't nearly as cool, but still nice.
And, yes, a heel cluck point for the generations woukd certainly have helped. Still, amazing testiment how a "fan made" bot has become a character in so much fiction over the last few years.
GotBot is online now   Reply With Quote