Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-04-2021, 05:45 AM   #41
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise
Re: **SPOILERS** - Netflix Kingdom, your thoughts?

Finally got around to watching it. I liked it better than the previous two seasons. I found the pacing to be a little bit better and the humor to be a little more well executed. I liked how the Beast Wars characters were portrayed and I really liked Nemesis Primes origins. I was pleasantly surprised by Black Arachnia hinting that she's lesbian and kinky.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:26 AM   #42
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Just finished episode 6 last night, as the general sentiment has been, I agree it's a giant dumpster fire.

Voltron, He-Man, Castlevania, all might not be everyone's cup of tea, but those 3 series as examples had effort & money put into them.

The Transformers brand is larger than those 3, over the last few years & moving forward Netflix is spending gagillions on their own productions to maintain growth in the streaming space.

Transformers doesn't need a billion dollar budget for a cartoon, but come on Hasbro, ask for money & put some effort into it! Bottom line, Hasbro will be able to sell even more toys with a happy fan base.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:38 AM   #43
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post

Voltron, He-Man, Castlevania, all might not be everyone's cup of tea, but those 3 series as examples had effort & money put into them.
Mr. Burns: YES =D

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:27 PM   #44
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Unequivocally.

It baffles how the Castlevania adapation had more money thrown at it than the Transformers one, considering how live each franchise is...
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:47 PM   #45
delrue
Crossover

Too bad Warren Ellis (who wrote Castlevania) is a real piece of shit.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:35 PM   #46
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

It still bugs me that the actors all sound like they walked straight from the William Shatner school of voice acting.

Takes.

so.

long.

to.

Say.

Anything.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:48 PM   #47
cripnite
Machine War

Horrible voice acting. You could close your eyes and almost all the voices are interchangeable. I’d love if if they could at least find voice actors who can impersonate the original voice actors.
cripnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 12:07 AM   #48
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Voice acting was wonky. Primal and BW Megatron were inexcusable (who casted them?). Prime and Megatron's voice definitely grew on me and Galvatron's voice suited him. Plot was a bit convoluted and somewhat cheezy at some points (especially the part at the end where the Transformer spirits were protecting the All Spark), but besides all of that I enjoyed it. Definitely a better storyline compared to those Bayformers shit fests (Revenge of the Fallen, you are the bane of my existence).

Dinobot and Starscream were the standouts for me. Seeing Dinobots bravery really reflected his character and Starscream going mad at the end was suiting as well. I also liked how it ended on somewhat of a cliffhanger (Unicron is still looming over them, waiting to strike). Also the fact that Megatron did not agree to a truce with Prime leaves the feud still going for the future (they put aside differences to retrieve the All Spark and save Cybertron, but since that is finished, Megatron seems to still want control). This definitely feels like a prelude to the 1984 movie storyline, where both factions are still at war and Unicron is preparing to attack Cybertron (albeit not exactly the same).

Seige was decent, Earthrise was weird, and Kingdom was the best of the 3. I hope they decide to extend the storyline further (of course with better voice acting and a more focused story). It's great to see the creator's not turn this into a kids show and cater it more to the fans.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 04:24 AM   #49
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Does anybody have spéculations on what nemesis prime and galvatron turn into in the transformation part with Unicron at the end of kingdom??
It was fun to watch again.
Yeah that voice acting for most of the bots was....long.

Last edited by alternatorfan; 08-22-2021 at 05:25 AM.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 06:38 AM   #50
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Does anybody have spéculations on what nemesis prime and galvatron turn into in the transformation part with Unicron at the end of kingdom??
It was fun to watch again.
Yeah that voice acting for most of the bots was....long.

Cheese Danishes........of DOOM!!!!!!!

We'll never know unless they continue the story somehow in the next series, or maybe in the comics. I would be fine with using Unicron, Galvatron and Nemesis in the next series, even if it doesn't follow directly from WFC. I mean it would make sense since Unicron can be a multiversal threat. I guess it would depend on the next series who exactly they turn into, but I would be ok with just different iterations of Galavtron and Nemesis (BW2, RID, Armada, etc. etc.)
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote