Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #21
BoNKerS
Animated
Re: Will their be anymore MP Starscreams, made available?

Take my comment how you wish, whether it sounds condescending or not it's not directed to all who missed out due to missing the sighting or "other" reasons I understand.

My comment is directed to people who had the opportunity/capable of pre-ordering and made the choice to let it slide. Also the ones who did not pre-order because you are scared to use the TRU site. Then come onto the boards and complain about distribution like they are entitled to having stock in store.

Forecasting is based on past successes/history, run rate, average TRU AND TMU for each individual store. Not every store will get everything, nor the same amount of stock. (IF any)

You may be tired of certain things, as am I. TRU is a fantastic outlet to obtain retail product. ALL I hear is negative comments just blasting TRU. Personally, I've never had an issues with their pre-ordering system. Works just as well as any other site.

We continue to lose retail outlets to buy our beloved Transformers...

Last edited by BoNKerS; 10-28-2015 at 09:30 AM.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #22
garu
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
I wish I never missed out on Soundwave
I have missed out on him too and the other unlingual masterpiece. Its not becuz of holding Bak and then regret. Its never been release in QC and the only way to get it is to travel at least 300km to get it. But risking empty handed.
garu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:36 AM   #23
Oberon Prime
Beasty

I appreciate being corrected about needing to prepay on Tru.ca orders I will put this information away for the occasion when it will serve me to know it.

Whether its concerns with paying up front (founded or otherwise), just not being able to leave the cost of a figure waiting on a card or a pay pal account their are many many reasons that one might need to dismiss the preorder on the assumption that it will be fairly easy to pick up in store (afterall hasn't stocking Hasbro/TRU shown they have learned their lessons). I do appreciate the point made though for every fan who doesn't want to (or can't) do the preorder their doubtlessly are dozens who can and will so at that point its up to supply chain to ensure that both groups can be serviced.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #24
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

LOVE IS IN THE AIRR!!!!
Old 10-28-2015, 10:08 AM   #25
Hellboy
Alternator

I found mine at retail through persistence... and luck. I happen to be commuting to Oshawa from Scarborough and I dropped in to my usual TRU to on the Thursday to check if they had gotten any (I heard reports they were hitting). They said none were in their system but the Whitby location showed 2. They called for me and they "couldn't be found". I stopped there anyway... and 1 was on hold but the other was "up in the office". They couldn't find that after looking either. I left a little frustrated at the obvious run-around.
The next Wednesday I checked my usual TRU and none were on the shelves. I was about to leave when I spotted the corner of a purple box hidden in the overstock behind a stack of CW Megatrons and MP Silverstreaks. I got a clerk to climb a ladder and get it. They knew they were there because when I said "the purple box in behind" she said, "You mean the Starscream".
Not only do you have to fight scalpers but you also have to deal with the dubious staffers who are either claiming them for themselves or friends.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:12 AM   #26
Megatron75
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The next Wednesday I checked my usual TRU and none were on the shelves. I was about to leave when I spotted the corner of a purple box hidden in the overstock behind a stack of CW Megatrons and MP Silverstreaks. I got a clerk to climb a ladder and get it. They knew they were there because when I said "the purple box in behind" she said, "You mean the Starscream".
Not only do you have to fight scalpers but you also have to deal with the dubious staffers who are either claiming them for themselves or friends.
That's good to know.
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:20 AM   #27
Hellboy
Alternator

I was also a regular user of the TRU online store but after several incidents of damaged boxes (not the shipping box but the actual figure box inside the shipping box) I called it quits.
In the end I returned more MPs than I kept.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:23 AM   #28
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

I used to work at TRU when I was young. Something many of you don't know is how they classify their stores and why all stores do not get stock.

They classify them (or they did at one point when I worked there) by letters.

An 'A Class' TRU would get everything the chain carried, this would be stores like Toronto, Vancouver, etc...

A 'B Class' TRU would get a lot of the stock, but not all of it. In New Brunswick, the only B class TRU is Moncton.

A 'C Class' TRU gets the crap, roughly 60% of what the chain actually carries, usually doesn't get the big ticket collectibles or shit like that. In New Brunswick, Fredericton and Saint John are C class TRU's.

Then they have their TRU Express and their website, neither of which carry much compared to a store.

Then there's some places like Saint John and Fredericton NB that share one 53 foot trailer. Now because Fredericton comes before Saint John (where I worked) we'd see Fredericton take stock off the truck bound for Saint John and keep it there, especially if the item was a big seller.

This more than likely happens in other places as well.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:26 AM   #29
Oberon Prime
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by garu View Post
I have missed out on him too and the other unlingual masterpiece. Its not becuz of holding Bak and then regret. Its never been release in QC and the only way to get it is to travel at least 300km to get it. But risking empty handed.
I can't even imagine how much it must of sucked for those in QC prior to these past 2 multilingual releases.

I may have a suggestion that could save the day for those who are not close enough to make the call a store have them hold it and drive out work.

When I drove out to the Brantford, ON location last Thursday to pick up the MP SS they were holding for me I saw the last remaining one in store on the counter with a note on it about a store to store transfer. I inquired and was told that every store can do this, that most don't like to do it, many reps may not even know it can be done, and must be requested at the store that has it. Also it must be done within the same district, but I was not told what the district lines are (I do suspect it is a safe bet BC to QC is out for sure). Finally I was told that unless you want to pay shipping it can take 9-10 weeks to arrive.

Still even with all that could be an option worth asking about, though may want to speak to a manager but very useful perhaps if you can find a store with one available to hold that is too far away for a practical drive.
My Want Thread
My Sales Thread

Oberon Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:54 AM   #30
garu
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon Prime View Post
I can't even imagine how much it must of sucked for those in QC prior to these past 2 multilingual releases.

I may have a suggestion that could save the day for those who are not close enough to make the call a store have them hold it and drive out work.

When I drove out to the Brantford, ON location last Thursday to pick up the MP SS they were holding for me I saw the last remaining one in store on the counter with a note on it about a store to store transfer. I inquired and was told that every store can do this, that most don't like to do it, many reps may not even know it can be done, and must be requested at the store that has it. Also it must be done within the same district, but I was not told what the district lines are (I do suspect it is a safe bet BC to QC is out for sure). Finally I was told that unless you want to pay shipping it can take 9-10 weeks to arrive.

Still even with all that could be an option worth asking about, though may want to speak to a manager but very useful perhaps if you can find a store with one available to hold that is too far away for a practical drive.
Great advice, i do call beforehand if i have to travel 300km. However, as for the store transfer, they wouldnt b able to do it since everything b4 bluestreak is multilingual.
After knowing the mp bluestreak and starcream have both languages, i jumped on him without hesitation even without sale because qc never have mps b4. I definely dont want to miss out like prime, rodimus and soundwave in which its "forbiden" in qc.
garu is offline   Reply With Quote