Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #1521
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Post your Transformers hauls - 2012 edition

Thanks for the info and juxtapose great score!
Old 07-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #1522
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
So I checked Kijiji this morning not expecting to find anything worth looking twice at. I was about to close the page when I noticed a listing at the very top that I ALMOST overlooked. There was no picture, and the description only read "Old box of Transformers - $20".

For the asking price, I didn't really get my hopes up. I figured worst case scenario it would be enough to resell to get my money back, even if it was something awful. Well... it wasn't awful. This is what I picked up for $20:

Ultra Magnus is complete except for a large fist and a couple big missiles. Devastator is complete except for one of the launchers. Apeface and Highbrow are both complete with heads. Cyclonus is complete with Targetmaster. Most are in awesome shape aside from some sticker wear, and I still have a bunch of accessories to go through.

I don't want to be "that guy" that gloats about his awesome finds.... but I think I win.
What's the name of the little white and red car to the left of the Optimus Prime? I ask because I remember seeing one at my grandparent's place when I was last there and can't for the life of me remember his name.

Sweet haul by the way.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #1523
wedge1021
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandoclone87 View Post
What's the name of the little white and red car to the left of the Optimus Prime? I ask because I remember seeing one at my grandparent's place when I was last there and can't for the life of me remember his name.

Sweet haul by the way.
I think those cars, as well as the similarly coloured jet and "thing" to their immediate left, are McDonalds toys or something like that. I had a couple of them as a kid - the car and the jet. Besides transforming a bit, they were also those "fastback" toys. A third feature was that you could do the pul-back-wind-up, then stand them up on their "feet" and they'd walk/shuffle along.

And agreed - super sweet haul. I know that Optimus gets some grief but I loved it as a kid. Wish I could still find it. All I've got left is one of the gray cannons.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #1524
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
I think those cars, as well as the similarly coloured jet and "thing" to their immediate left, are McDonalds toys or something like that. I had a couple of them as a kid - the car and the jet. Besides transforming a bit, they were also those "fastback" toys. A third feature was that you could do the pul-back-wind-up, then stand them up on their "feet" and they'd walk/shuffle along.
They are Commandrons, there is a whole thread about them somewhere on cybertron.ca. I'm sure you can google them.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #1525
Commandoclone87
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
They are Commandrons, there is a whole thread about them somewhere on cybertron.ca. I'm sure you can google them.
Always thought it was something I left at my Grandmother's. Since it's 2 years older than I am, must have belonged to one of my cousins. Wonder if she still has it.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #1526
Crobot91
Metroplex

NEW ACQUISITIONS...

TF MAKETOYS G2 DEVASTATOR

TF PRIME F.E. VEHICON

TF PRIME R.I.D. AIRACHNID

TF PRIME R.I.D. VEHICON

TF BOTCON'12 G2 ANIMATED SIDESWIPE

TF GENERATIONS LEGENDS HOIST

Last edited by Crobot91; 07-15-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: IMAGE SIZES REDUCED
Old 07-15-2012, 02:48 AM   #1527
Nullray
IGC

SDCC Hisstank
SDCC Cliffjumper
SDCC Kim A (red and white)
SDCC Hellcarrier - Autographed by box artist Frank Cho

Holy Grail Item for me

I have my Takara FE Optimus Prime (voyager) Autographed by the main man himself PETER CULLEN.

Tomorrow is a new day... Kreons combiners rock. Pics dont do justice until you've seen em. Soo bought.....
Old 07-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #1528
RedOktobre
Alternator

Background Information
I just returned yesterday from a week-long trip to San Francisco, CA with my wife and sister. We attended a cousin's wedding in San Jose. We visited many popular tourist sites such during our stay there!

My Haul
Of course, I did some Transformer shopping during my stay in the sunny and warm Bay Area. Unfortunately, I was only able to purchase two (2) TF figures because:
  • my wife is severly limiting my TF budget
  • I could only fit two (2) TFs MISB into my carry-on luggage/baggage
  • TFs are also hard to find in California, USA
Transformer Prime RID Voyager Starscream
I got this baby for $19.99 USD (+ taxes) from a Target near San Jose.

By redoktobre at 2012-07-15

Transformers Fall of Cybertron (Foc) Deluxe Shockwave
I got this baby from a toy store in downtown San Francisco on Market Street for $18.XX (+ taxes).

By redoktobre at 2012-07-15

My Opinion
Contrary to popular opinion, I believe that all fellow Cybertron.ca board members should purchase the remaining waves of RID and beginning waves of FoC in the United States while they can.

I strongly believe that the remaining waves of RID will NOT appear on our Canadian shelves anytime soon. Our fellow US TF collector counterparts got screwed over with the Transformers First Edition line. Guess what? It is our turn to get screwed over the remaining Prime RID line.

Near Future
I am heading back to the States soon for another short trip. You can bet your entire Transformers collection that I will buy more RID waves 2 to 4 and FoC wave 1 suff - if I can find them. I will not wait around patiently for these lines to appear in Canada. The risk of not getting them is simply too high!

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.

Last edited by RedOktobre; 07-15-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #1529
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

they always show up sooner or later. Sometimes later like target exclusive lead foot. Hasbro Canada will have em at major retailers ,its not the end, there out to make money. In fact come christmas time expect some of these to clog the shelves.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #1530
Benzo
Plastic Crack Addict

Closed Thread