Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #21
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: considered an old timer

Lot of people in the 30-30 club including me...hahha
Old 03-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #22
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

38 here! I had a small collection of G1 stuff, and had it displayed in my room, but when girls became more interesting the TFs got packed away in a box....Fast forward to 2003(?) when the Classics debuted and it started all over again for me, by then I was married and my wife accepted my new hobby!
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #23
Protoman
The Legend

My father is 52, he still collects Dinky Toys (think the UK version of Hot Wheels from the 60s) and vinyl records. He got married, had 2 beautiful children and lives a healthy and happy life.

Your never to old to love your hobby.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #24
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Be 39 this year.. The older your get the faster it goes couldn't be anymore true.

I sold off my collection when I was a kid to fund my gaming collection. I kinda wish I hadn't. But at the same time gaming was a big thing with my friends growing up. And lasted 10 years. Was a lot of fun back then.

I ended up keeping a handful of my old stuff, Kickback, Devastator, Jetfire and Skywarp. But I had a Canadian Slag. If only I had of known he was unusual I may have kept him.

Picking up Animated Voyager Grimlock and looking for a hobby I may enjoy with some connection to my childhood several years ago started me rolling again.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't. But this collection is more enjoyable long term than all the cash I spent on DVDs and Video Games over the years. And they weren't worth anything when I decided to get out of it.

Unfortunately the Inlaws and relatives don't see toy collecting as anything. But they don't mind their tea cups, golf clubs and stuff as anything odd..

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #25
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

I'll be 35 in May and absolutely love Transformers. My mother always tells me I'm to old to be playing with toys. I don't care, I do what's fun and makes me happy. My dad doesn't care though.

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #26
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I did a poll on this a while back as someone referenced being "the Alpha Trion of Cybertron.ca" As I'm closing in on 39 or is 39 closing in on me? I still don't have a grey beard so I can't be an "old timer" with out looking like one, right? Anyway this is a great way to feel young. As for being an old timer I was 11 in 84 when things got cooking for tf's which I think is just under the line for kids and cartoons at that time. Maybe I was old then, but not now.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #27
Plainsjumper
Machine War

I'm 34, had a fair number of G1 but not all I wanted to have. My first was G1 Brawn.

Got out the year after Pretenders came out.

Entire collection was lost through the whacked out action of a parent.

Came back in with ROTF, Sonar being the first member of the new collection which is now around 120 bots. (I don't display them all at once though)

It's nice to see that there are other mid-30s people into Transformers too.
Plainsjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #28
malteselegacy
Long live Galvatron!

I am 37 and coudn't care less what people think of me due to the fact that I enjoy collecting toys. I just started getting into LEGO Star Wars and wow is that fun. Expensive as hell though.
malteselegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #29
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

I'm certainly glad to know that I am not the oldest here (although shy of 40 definitely doesn't make me a spring chicken, either).

I am not strictly a G1 fan, but I have a soft spot for the toy aesthetic of my youth. The movie stuff leaves me a little cold.

I'm not sure what would make someone too old, maybe when you can't remember how to transform a jumpstarter?
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #30
RedOktobre
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
I don't consider myself an "oldtimer" at 50... been collecting for a long time now if you can remember shows such as Lost in space, voyage to the bottom of the sea, combat, rat patrol,.. .
Until you disclosed your age of 50, I truly thought that I was the oldest fart here at 42! My so-called bragging rights of being the oldest TF collector disappeared completely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime73 View Post
I did a poll on this a while back as someone referenced being "the Alpha Trion of Cybertron.ca" .
That may have been me. Unfortunately, justprime took that title away from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
All you folks are still young pups "LOL"
I agree completely!

View my collection on Youtube at the raginroninreview channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoEydL-p6s

Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...800#post360800

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2648

Disclaimer:
All statements or views expressed by the board member, "RedOktobre", are purely personal opinions which may or may not be substantiated by relevant facts. Any perceived insult resulting from opinions asserted by the said board member is absolutely unintentional.
RedOktobre is offline   Reply With Quote